Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:40 pm 
Bob Chitty

Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
I reckon the dam wall has a few water spillage happening
The troops are closing in

Club out of debt for the first time in memory, redevelopment of PP, record membership.
Anyone who wants to jump in now when the hard work is done is probably a glory hunting leech.
Where were they when the club was millions in debt?

i agree with this 100%

i still have my reservations about the board due to us not making finals and i think back office is largely why that is the case ... however the boards performance when it comes to off-field have been outstanding and sees the club in the best position it has been for along time.

now, for that to translate to on-field success ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:42 pm 
Banned

Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:
People don't accept turning the club into a circus despite the excellent work done off field. They are losing their minds now asking for additional signatures for members to call for an EGM.

They need to be held to account and the treatment to key staff and their overall performance outside of commercial successes is not good enough.

Still goin" Walshy .Give you one thing , ya got ticker . Anyhow , Vince aint in the Carltonian"s these day's . Why is that ? spat it when things didn't go his way maybe ? you want a bloke to run the club who cuts and runs when it don't go his way ? first class tasty chucker to run the club , yeah , that will go well.

I dont want him to run the club - I want that shithouse board challenged.

Is Vince not the leader of the charge ?

PS agree board need a tickle up ,but jeez ,you would want someone with solid leading the charge would"t you ?

Vince might take first steps but there is no way known he will 'lead' the charge....I don't know but I am guessing alot of us are sick of the board.. make a little noise and see what pops up I guess. Maybe a younger Elliot and Brown and the like...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just a board burp , it’s normal and allows for opposing views, quite normal nothing to see folks.
Sayers will rule the roost and plans for change will go ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
People don't accept turning the club into a circus despite the excellent work done off field. They are losing their minds now asking for additional signatures for members to call for an EGM.

They need to be held to account and the treatment to key staff and their overall performance outside of commercial successes is not good enough.

Who are the key staff who were treated poorly?

Ratten, Malthouse, SOS, Trigg and now Teague and Lloyd being humiliated.

They are a pathetic bunch.

Players are making a mockery of the club psychologists.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

SOS treated poorly? You're the one telling us he failed in building a midfield.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:31 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Doesn't mean you can treat people like garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Garbage? His contract expired and it wasn't renewed.
He ended more than his share of careers and whinged when he couldn't control his own exit. No sympathy whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Not sure why people love taking pot shots at sos !! When he walked into the club as the list boss he inherited a mess and not something he could fix overnight !!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:02 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
He ended more than his share of careers and whinged when he couldn't control his own exit. No sympathy whatsoever.

He felt he was mistreated and that's just bloody unacceptable in a professional environment.

Could have offered him another role at the club not use his kids in the media as an excuse for the shambolic and shameful way he was dismissed.

This board is a circus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:03 pm 
Banned

azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
People don't accept turning the club into a circus despite the excellent work done off field.

Not sure why people love taking pot shots at sos !! When he walked into the club as the list boss he inherited a mess and not something he could fix overnight !!

His task was monumental for sure - he did well other than liking skinny flashy kids too much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

He felt he was mistreated and that's just bloody unacceptable in a professional environment.

Could have offered him another role at the club not use his kids in the media as an excuse for the shambolic and shameful way he was dismissed.

This board is a circus.

Maybe, but his performance on SEN radio on his way out was a circus too though. Hard to deny that. Both Gary & Tim were loving it as he just gave them more & more & more.

He lost control of his emotions. We've all done that so we can't be too judgey. But when you're a high profile person at a high profile club, live to air...not cool.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:00 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

This board is a circus.

Another role?
SOS was very well remunerated for his contribution to Carlton. Both on and off the field.
But it's an elite environment. As I said, he ended the careers of plenty of Carlton people with his ruthlessness and should expect no less when it was his time to move on. We can't be offering jobs to ex-players for the sake of it, FFS.Otherwise we'd have hundreds of blokes sitting around on the payroll.
His contract expired and it wasn't renewed. And based on your previous comments, he failed in his role so it's a bit rich now using him as an excuse to prop up your anti board agenda.

As CK posted, his performance on the way out was a circus. That validated the decision IMHO. It just proved to me that it was all about SOS which I suspected.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

This board is a circus.

I don't know the facts.
But SOS seemed like he thrived on power. Perception I admit.
His list was his making. You has stated he failed with the 15 mids he drafted, other than Walsh...no brainer.
His contract expired.

There was no need to air whatever he said. Ditto Liddle.
Nothing to do with the Board. Neither Liddle or SOS were on the Board.
They both did it their way, and SOS was UGLY on SEN. UGLY and bitter. Uncool.
SOS lost his cool.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:34 am 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:

:lol: :lol: Careful what you talk about Mr Walsh or one day I might talk about the Professionalism (or not) of how/why I and many others finished up at CFC, after working under SOS for 1 year.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:36 am 
Banned

Cazzesman wrote:
Walsh wrote:

:lol: :lol: Careful what you talk about Mr Walsh or one day I might talk about the Professionalism (or not) of how/why I and many others finished up at CFC, after working under SOS for 1 year.

Regards Cazzesman

Immaterial - he was a key employee bought to the club. he is passionate and pig headed but years of experience went down the drain due to misunderstandings between what was sabotage or not.

How stupid of the board getting a passionate man broiled up and questioning his integrity. Circus and Clowns.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:21 am 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Immaterial

Is that right. As any good Barrister would suggest................."Goes to certain Character Traits of the Man, Your Honor".

SOS is a strange Cat. I know people who swear by him in certain circumstances and others that wouldn't P155 on him if he was on fire.
Interesting that I hear that he and his long, long term bestie and #1 ally are now not on speaking terms.

The AFL is littered with a 100 of those character types. SOS's passion and pig-headedness just makes him one of the 100's and nothing special. The AFL is 99% Ego driven and very few are ever wrong. Many drop their bottom lip and take their bat and ball home when they don't get their own way.

Whats the old saying .......'Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely'. Never gonna die wondering about that in the AFL as they all want that power.

We are right back to the 'One Agenda' I mentioned. SOS and those he butted heads with weren't smart enough to find common ground for the betterment of the Club. Football Club bosses do dumb things all the time in the name of what they perceive to be.....'I know what's best', then won't give an inch when called on it. Humility is sadly lacking in the AFL.

The smartest bloke I ever met and heard talk in the AFL was Neil Balme. His BS detector was off the chart. I have no doubt that's why Geelong and the Tigers have been so, so successful with him in the background to crush the ego driven factions.

Carlton needs a Neil Balme type in the background to play Sweden, cut all the crap that gets raised and get on with winning.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:28 am 
Banned

Agree - we need an experienced AFL person in the football department like Neil Balme. No doubt about it!!!!!

There should be a director with football department experience and someone at the club with coaching experience.

At this moment Teague is the most experienced football operator at the club at the age of 40!!. We have no one at the club at this moment with proper AFL football operation experience its just Teague - that's it.... and there are vultures everywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:31 am 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Immaterial

Is that right. As any good Barrister would suggest................."Goes to certain Character Traits of the Man, Your Honor".

SOS is a strange Cat. I know people who swear by him in certain circumstances and others that wouldn't P155 on him if he was on fire.
Interesting that I hear that he and his long, long term bestie and #1 ally are now not on speaking terms.

The AFL is littered with a 100 of those character types. SOS's passion and pig-headedness just makes him one of the 100's and nothing special. The AFL is 99% Ego driven and very few are ever wrong. Many drop their bottom lip and take their bat and ball home when they don't get their own way.

Whats the old saying .......'Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely'. Never gonna die wondering about that in the AFL as they all want that power.

We are right back to the 'One Agenda' I mentioned. SOS and those he butted heads with weren't smart enough to find common ground for the betterment of the Club. Football Club bosses do dumb things all the time in the name of what they perceive to be.....'I know what's best', then won't give an inch when called on it. Humility is sadly lacking in the AFL.

The smartest bloke I ever met and heard talk in the AFL was Neil Balme. His BS detector was off the chart. I have no doubt that's why Geelong and the Tigers have been so, so successful with him in the background to crush the ego driven factions.

Carlton needs a Neil Balme type in the background to play Sweden, cut all the crap that gets raised and get on with winning.

Regards Cazzesman

Great post Cazz :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:50 am 
Geoff Southby

So why was SOS appointed
We know why. He was a legend and a mate of the President. It wouldn’t be his record at GWS as a List Manager.
The point of appointing a Neil Balme type is a good one but this whole board has to go.

I appreciate the fact that Cazzeman has a greater inside knowledge on all this.

I remember watching the Stocker trade which is still on YouTube and was mortified by what I saw
Not the actual trade but the people in the room
The most interesting person there was Judd.
He was simply one of the boys.
This guy is and was at the time on the board yet you wouldn’t know it watching the video.

That’s bullshit detection right there.
It didn’t seem right
Board appoints SOS
SOS gets Brodie who seems a bit of an idiot to me and from previous activities with illegal gambling shouldn’t be there anyway
And a board member is one of the boys

The argument that 99% of people in AFL have monster egos doesn’t wash with me.
Get rid of them if that’s the case
Gets some good people in

The board have done a great job in correcting the finances promoting causes, promoting women’s footy
And the academy

But it’s clear the board does not know how to create an environment that produces successful on field performance
In a 20 year period you should challenge for a flag over a 5 year period given equalization

And I would love a good women being President
A good woman is better than a good man
Less ego driven you might say

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

"The most interesting person there was Judd"

Who gives a @#$%&! about interesting, Keogh? Surely we want people who can do their job well. I doubt "interesting" to you meets the criteria for quality people.

FWIW, I think the board have done a good job. Financials- great, redevelopment - great, membership - great.
Whats more, this is the first board in living history of the club that had the balls to embark on a full rebuild. Not a half arse effort like we've seen before. I give them more credit for that than any of their other achievements.

They appointed SOS who nailed the KP picks and struggled with the midfielders. But I don't recall too many posters whinging about his appointment at the time. The board selected industry regarded people to fulfil the roles. It's not like MLG was calling out picks on draft night!
Too many revisionists around here who bag the club at every opportunity without weighing up against the positives. FWIW, I haven't given up hope. Get a decent development program going, get a decent coaching panel and perhaps we'll see some of these kids flourish. Stocker, Philp, Kemp, they're all first round picks who haven't had the opportunity to shine yet.
We've been a victim of player availability as much as anything else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 174  Next