Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:54 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Lace Out wrote:
keogh wrote:
Lace Out wrote:
We will never reach a 90% vaccination rate.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep your probably right
Too many selfish lazy loopy people in the world
Very glad to live in the South West of WA
80 % may bring herd immunity
But I think people generally don’t get that that there is long uncertainty still with this thing

Back to footy matters
The board needs to go :wink:
I think people are free to make their own minds up in this free country of ours.

Calling them loopy is pretty selfish to be honest.

When people think that those sticks you have shoved up your nose were put there by the Chinese to make you sick I would call someone who believes that shit as
On the spectrum
Loopy

People with autism are not loopy. Behave yourself ... this board is where you share your ignorance about football, leave all other commentary to the adults.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

showbag wrote:
keogh wrote:
Lace Out wrote:
keogh wrote:
Lace Out wrote:
We will never reach a 90% vaccination rate.

Yep your probably right
Too many selfish lazy loopy people in the world
Very glad to live in the South West of WA
80 % may bring herd immunity
But I think people generally don’t get that that there is long uncertainty still with this thing

Back to footy matters
The board needs to go :wink:
I think people are free to make their own minds up in this free country of ours.

Calling them loopy is pretty selfish to be honest.

When people think that those sticks you have shoved up your nose were put there by the Chinese to make you sick I would call someone who believes that shit as
On the spectrum
Loopy

People with autism are not loopy. Behave yourself ... this board is where you share your ignorance about football, leave all other commentary to the adults.

Politically soft language has infiltrated society more than COVID
Personally mate they should make the vaccine compulsory
Or you get your centre link payments increased with a free meal at the local Salvation Army if you have it.

Saying someone is loopy is acceptable in my book
Loopy has a meaning. Your mad or silly. People with autism can be like that at times. Maybe we all have a bit of autism in us. Certainly you have to be a bit mad silly loopy if you think COVID isn’t a highly infectious virus that feeds on the respiratory system of humans and that our only way out of is get the jab otherwise we in this shit for a @#$%&! long time.A sense of humour is a pre- requisite in the society we live in these days

A had a similar discussion with Dannyboy about the word Negro
How about saying black people
And there are hardly any white people because people are of some colour,
Various degrees of pink, brown etc

George Carlin the great American comedian said it best when he addressed the Washington Press Club in the late nineties.
When a soldier came back from the war and couldn’t adjust to normal life it was called “ Shell Shock”
Two words. Two syllables.
100 years later it’s called
“ Post Traumatic Stress Disorder “
Four words, eight syllables
Politically correct language gets worse every year and as George said “ It takes the life out of life”

I concur with Carlin. Not you
I don’t know why I even bother writing my thoughts
You won’t agree or more likely you don’t get it.
Fine your choice
Because the worse by-product of reducing people’s choices and we all have to behave ourselves is society becomes dumber
Some words I find offensive
Loopy isn’t one of them
The board should go :wink:

Last edited by keogh on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

Interesting to hear that the AFL has banned one on one boxing sparring sessions after Mitchell Lewis got concussed by a pounding from Jacob Koschitzke.
I guess that rules out Wallsy for coming back as our head coach :razz:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

Keogh, people with autism are not mad or silly ... they are not traits of autism.
Your lack of knowledge is only trumped by your lack of grammar.
You post as if you have lived in a bubble of your own thoughts for too long.
The world is not the problem ... YOU ARE!!
I'm glad you are not teaching my children ... they would run rings around you. And you would be too mad, silly and stupid to notice!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

showbag wrote:
Keogh, people with autism are not mad or silly ... they are not traits of autism.
I'm glad you are not teaching my children ... they would run rings around you. And you would be too mad, silly and stupid to notice!

Obviously reading between the lines you have experienced autism in your life one way or another
They are traits of autism not the ones that are politically correct
You know the ones
Poor social and communication skills
Rigid not willing to try different things
Etc
It annoys me a bit when someone excuses me of not knowing shit being ignorant or a shit teacher based on me having a view about politically correct speak
So my real name is Victor Rowe
I taught for 28 years 22 in Corio one of the lowest socio-economic areas in Australia
I taught heaps of kids with all sorts of problems including autism
And did ok according to people who should know my work colleagues
In fact I enjoyed teaching kids on the spectrum and a bit crazy because they would say some pretty funny shit without meaning to be funny
It helped our staff to have a laugh and get through the day something you can’t do now because it’s disrespectful to the condition.
Bullshit. Still did my best to help these kids. That was my job and I did my best
A much preferred teaching kids like that than some private school my shit doesn’t stink kid “ with no problems “.
Go on troll me
You can find out with the net these days
Do your own research
I’m saying it’s all too politically correct
That sort of non direct wishy, washy speak will be on full display when this review is let loose
I guarantee too of that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Not to get political but when the 6 cases of COVID delta were reported in Bondi in mid June why didn’t she shut the whole of Sydney down into full lockdown
McGowan would of done that
Idiot

I agree and thought the same at the time, because lockdown doesn't bother me (I'm selfish I guess)

Not an idiot given the nsw govt has been able to control ALL previous outbreaks.
I don't think anyone really factored the hostility of the delta strain. That was idiotic...and the Health advisors make those calls, not the politicians.

Believe me, McGowan is no hero, so drop the hero worship.
During these times its easy to ride on the coat tails of hysteria.
Leaders in history prey on their population under these types of circumstances.

Iron ore exports are pumping out in record quantities and record prices.
If the country blocked China from our Iron Ore, like the Chinese are blockading Australianproducts (they can get elsewhere), whilst Brazil Iron Ore has huge issues that wont be solved for another 2 years, then McGowan wouldn't be a big hero.

In 2 years when China focuses on Brazil for unlimited supply of Iron Ore, WA will be putting its hand out just as it did for over 100 years for the eastern states to bail them out. Fact.
We are one country though. WA getting a little ahead of itself and a bit cocky. Theres an economic war going on our there, and WA can't fight that one on its own. I can already see the WA Independence flag on the bottom on the mast ready to be lifted. Be careful what you wish for.

Back to footy. Politics and hysteria go hand and hand. Hence the hysterical commentary.

No doubt grassy that WA relies heavily on mining to balance the books
Thing with McGowan is he is unlike most politicians
He is honest for a poli.
He doesn’t talk too much shit like Glad Bags
There are 59 seats in the WA government
He won 53 including all but one in the Western suburbs of Perth
Blue ribbon country
He is a refreshing change
Thank god we have him

Leave god out of this. Carlton need him/her/binary.

Honest FOR a poli.
Landslides not uncommon in WA. a lot of swingers there...no wonder you've got a smile on your dial.

Don't trust any politician. Thank god I didn't become one. Only took me 3 days to work out its noo unethical for me.
I don't trust Glady for that reason despite being a so called "cleakskin" with no affiliation to any faction. That's rare.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Just received our voting invitation by proxy in the mail.

One item only to vote for:

Approval of replacement constituion.

I'd like to see exactly what they have amended before I vote.
No spoke and mirrors thanks.

Someone will go through it with a fine tooth comb.
Have to say, I do trust MLG more than any other President since George Harris.

I know a little bit about him. He's good good intentions and isn't politically motivated imo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

I hope you taught those kids the difference between "excuses" and "accuses " :grin:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:

I know a little bit about him. He's good good intentions and isn't politically motivated imo.

What’s the replacement constitution mean Bondi?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

baz_baz wrote:
I hope you taught those kids the difference between "excuses" and "accuses " :grin:

Yep :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

What’s the replacement constitution mean Bondi?

That's the million dollar question.

No other information other than the covering letter and the matter on the Agenda at the AGM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:

I cant see how you could have due to the fact you obviously don't know the difference.

BTW i am a retired Prin and I would have had you on review if that example is an indication of your teaching practice :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

baz_baz wrote:
keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:

I cant see how you could have due to the fact you obviously don't know the difference.

BTW i am a retired Prin and I would have had you on review if that example is an indication of your teaching practice :thumbsup:

Sound like most of the Principals I had
I was a good teacher man
I hope you were not like a lot of Principals who lose touch with what teaching difficult kids is actually like from the 4 walls of your office
You can’t have it both ways
The problem with school environments and so many other work places we all have to act the same
No individuality

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:
keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:

I was a good teacher man
I hope you were not like a lot of Principals who lose touch with what teaching difficult kids is actually like from the 4 walls of your office
The problem with school environments and so many other work places we all have to act the same
No individuality

Teaching students the wrong word in the wrong context is not individuality, it is incompetence.

And yes I was in classrooms everyday plus dealing with the students that “individual” teachers couldn’t handle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Looks like Keogh’s off to the Principal’s office... :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

baz_baz wrote:
keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:
keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:

I was a good teacher man
No individuality

Teaching students the wrong word in the wrong context is not individuality, it is incompetence.

And yes I was in classrooms everyday plus dealing with the students that “individual” teachers couldn’t handle

I guess you made no mistakes in life then.
You sound like a bit of a control freak to me
I would have you up on review :cry: :wink:
Seriously mate we all make mistakes
Kids could smell a wanker of a teacher as you hopefully know before they walked into the classroom
As you hopefully know there is more to being a competent teacher than having every word in the right context
I got out of teaching when I was 50.
Not because of the kids and I had some rippers but because of the system and robots like you
You aren’t Luke Sayers by any chance :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

GWS wrote:
Looks like Keogh’s off to the Principal’s office... :lol:

No problems there GWS
Kids can do what they like these days :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:
keogh wrote:
baz_baz wrote:

I was a good teacher man
No individuality

Keogh, during my short 5 year stint as a teacher I taught the sweat hogs too. Other teachers in this huge conservative school didn't want a bar of them. I was moonlighting at the time with my own business here and overseas. I was different, but they must have needed me badly to keep asking me back after I left at the end of each and every year. I didn't apply for a teaching job. They got me after my teaching rounds whish I did for fun. I think you would have been great for some, not great for others. Applies to everyone. I'm not saying you were better than me, nor am I suggesting I couldn't spell.

No teachers wanted to go near the sweat hogs. I found them fascinating and really good kids if you could get on their level.

Doesn't matter anymore. Its all in the past.

What matters now is CARLTON getting back on the winners board.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:19 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
showbag wrote:

Obviously reading between the lines you have experienced autism in your life one way or another
You know the ones
Etc
It annoys me a bit when someone excuses me of not knowing shit being ignorant or a shit teacher based on me having a view about politically correct speak
I taught for 28 years 22 in Corio one of the lowest socio-economic areas in Australia
In fact I enjoyed teaching kids on the spectrum and a bit crazy because they would say some pretty funny shit without meaning to be funny
It helped our staff to have a laugh and get through the day something you can’t do now because it’s disrespectful to the condition.
Bullshit. Still did my best to help these kids. That was my job and I did my best
A much preferred teaching kids like that than some private school my shit doesn’t stink kid “ with no problems “.
Go on troll me
Do your own research
That sort of non direct wishy, washy speak will be on full display when this review is let loose
I guarantee too of that

knock it off keogh, you dont need to be right all the time

keep the ramblings to footy and how rubbish the board are

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:43 am 
Geoff Southby

bender wrote:
keogh wrote:
showbag wrote:

You know the ones
Etc
Go on troll me
Do your own research
I guarantee too of that

knock it off keogh, you dont need to be right all the time

keep the ramblings to footy and how rubbish the board are

Ok
The fish rots from the head

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 174  Next