Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:43 pm 
formerly King Kenny

I saw the circus in QLD had to close up due to Lockdown. Is that the Sayers Circus we are talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:44 am 
Geoff Southby

Just a question folks...............Why did Dunstall decline a gig on the review ? especially as he was a Blues fan growing up.Thought he would have jumped at the chance. Dunstall is one bloke i would listen too.........when Dunstall speaks , people listen .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:52 am 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
Just a question folks...............Why did Dunstall decline a gig on the review ? especially as he was a Blues fan growing up.Thought he would have jumped at the chance. Dunstall is one bloke i would listen too.........when Dunstall speaks , people listen .

Dunstall knows all the factions at this club and he knew they would never agree to full transparent review

Too hard basket

He is smart man dunstall , he set hawks up for success and then walked away , no glory , no fuss and he is just to happy see his footy club successful

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:54 am 
Geoff Southby

Yep

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:51 am 
Banned

Mickstar wrote:

review was made too public. The Adelaide review was away from the limelight.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

azzablue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Dunstall knows all the factions at this club and he knew they would never agree to full transparent review

Too hard basket

He is smart man dunstall , he set hawks up for success and then walked away , no glory , no fuss and he is just to happy see his footy club successful

Had a hunch that might be the case.................still,i would have moved heaven and earth to get him . Old Carlton would not have taken no for an answer . No wonder we are in the shit with these namely pamby consensus type bob each way types runnin " the joint.

Anyhow , thanks for the answer Azz . Confirmed my worst thoughts .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Too hard basket

Had a hunch that might be the case.................still,i would have moved heaven and earth to get him . Old Carlton would not have taken no for an answer . No wonder we are in the shit with these namely pamby consensus type bob each way types runnin " the joint.

Azza is making an assumption. He could be on the money.
Carlton had their chance to sign up the star from Coopooroo, but thought he was too fat and slow.
He is a Hawks man through and through.

Maybe he doesn't want to get involved in club land anymore.
Doesn't have anything to do with Hawks after he led them to their Golden Era.

Life's easier letting the pigs do what they do in shit.

He's getting paid handsomely too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Too hard basket

Azza is making an assumption. He could be on the money.
Carlton had their chance to sign up the star from Coopooroo, but thought he was too fat and slow.
He is a Hawks man through and through.

Maybe he doesn't want to get involved in club land anymore.
Doesn't have anything to do with Hawks after he led them to their Golden Era.

Life's easier letting the pigs do what they do in shit.

He's getting paid handsomely too.

He done the crows review with no issues , he knows the factions at the club ,

A great example of the factions in recent times , look no further than Ahmad fahour and were did he take his sponsorship money after leaving the Carlton board ??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

I reckon the dam wall has a few water spillage happening
The troops are closing in

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:

Club out of debt for the first time in memory, redevelopment of PP, record membership.
Anyone who wants to jump in now when the hard work is done is probably a glory hunting leech.
Where were they when the club was millions in debt?

Last edited by Blue Vain on Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

keogh wrote:

Grammar check anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

gET lUKE TO CHEQUE’

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:

Club out of debt for the first time in memory, redevelopment of PP, record membership.
Anyone who wants to jump in now when the hard work is done is probably a glory hunting leech.
Where were they when the club was millions in debt?

No way would the Members let some new group take over a group has regrouped the club.

The reasons you mention are plenty. Now for a Review, and fix the Footy dept.
I don't blame covid on our current Board.
Soft Cap was forced on everyone like the equalisation tax forced on us whilst we still owed money to the AFL, and this Board got us through that too.

I just wish the allowed Members to vote separately to separate changes they want. That's all. Otherwise it looks like a stitch up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:26 pm 
Banned

People don't accept turning the club into a circus despite the excellent work done off field. They are losing their minds now asking for additional signatures for members to call for an EGM.

They need to be held to account and the treatment to key staff and their overall performance outside of commercial successes is not good enough.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
People don't accept turning the club into a circus despite the excellent work done off field. They are losing their minds now asking for additional signatures for members to call for an EGM.

They need to be held to account and the treatment to key staff and their overall performance outside of commercial successes is not good enough.

Who are the key staff who were treated poorly?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:33 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Who are the key staff who were treated poorly?

Ratten, Malthouse, SOS, Trigg and now Teague and Lloyd being humiliated.

They are a pathetic bunch.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:

Still goin" Walshy .Give you one thing , ya got ticker . Anyhow , Vince aint in the Carltonian"s these day's . Why is that ? spat it when things didn't go his way maybe ? you want a bloke to run the club who cuts and runs when it don't go his way ? first class tasty chucker to run the club , yeah , that will go well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Thats tanty chucker..........ooops !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:36 pm 
Banned

Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Still goin" Walshy .Give you one thing , ya got ticker . Anyhow , Vince aint in the Carltonian"s these day's . Why is that ? spat it when things didn't go his way maybe ? you want a bloke to run the club who cuts and runs when it don't go his way ? first class tasty chucker to run the club , yeah , that will go well.

I dont want him to run the club - I want that shithouse board challenged.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:

I dont want him to run the club - I want that shithouse board challenged.

Is Vince not the leader of the charge ?

PS agree board need a tickle up ,but jeez ,you would want someone with solid leading the charge would"t you ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 174  Next