Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Why?

Because he backed the coach despite gradual but consistent declines in performances over 2 years.

When did he back the coach?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
Is it true Sayers was there when they appointed Mick then Bolts than Teague? If so the review should look at his tenure also. Fish rots from the head

Sure was..................they need an investigation into the board before the football department.Just a cover up.Probably make some third asst.or slack trainer the culprits.Scapegoat some poor mug for there own inadequacies.............the dumbarse ignored there own footy director ( Judd ) for christ sake.........fair enough,finances are good but that also will go to the shithouse if members depart in droves coz most have had a gut full.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:
Is it true Sayers was there when they appointed Mick then Bolts than Teague? If so the review should look at his tenure also. Fish rots from the head

I know, but Sayers is actually part of the review committee, as is Liddle :?

And is Pav actually coming across to Melbourne to participate, or is he doing it via zoom?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

I have been saying going on 15 years now the board has to go

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:02 pm 
Garry Crane

keogh wrote:

So it's not recruiting it's the board?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Why?

Because he backed the coach despite gradual but consistent declines in performances over 2 years.

Don't be a smart arse mate.
He's backed the coach by virtue of being there and not doing anything to not back him. Which is tantamount to support.
He's got his fingerprints all over this calamity as well.
He's arguably the most important person in the footy dept and he along with the HC have presided over another disgraceful era at the club. Add in the CEO and President. They all need to take accountability for the state the club is in now on the field.
Right now I'm sure they're all reaching for the life jackets. That's the nature of things.
But blind Freddy could see last year we were going downhill with Teague and yet he's still at the club. He reports to Lloyd.
Seems pretty bloody clear to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

I know, but Sayers is actually part of the review committee, as is Liddle :?

And is Pav actually coming across to Melbourne to participate, or is he doing it via zoom?

Whole thing is a joke.
No wonder it's been 20 odd years of shit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

TheDenominator wrote:
keogh wrote:

It's everything.
It's a poorly run club as far as football goes.
But the board have presided over years of ineptitude.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:31 pm 
Garry Crane

Paddycripps wrote:
TheDenominator wrote:
keogh wrote:

It's everything.
It's a poorly run club as far as football goes.
But the board have presided over years of ineptitude.

Definitely need someone strong that actually knows what they're doing football wise in there.
Off field seems sorted i.e. no debt, new training facilities, strong profits etc
On field meanwhile.....just kill me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

TheDenominator wrote:
keogh wrote:

Silvangi was recruited by the board our President was mates with him
It was an appointment that was short sighted
You look at Silvangi’s record at GWS it is not outstanding
He had the easiest job any List Manager has had with all the picks he had
Silvangi got Brodie to the club
Shit flows downstream
It starts with the board
As I said what role has Chris Judd played in employing 2 HBF who can’t play midfield and can’t be trusted to shut down star small forwards like Greene and Ryan when they are on 1.5 million a season for a
combined 11 years.
That wasn’t SOSs decision. Was it Austins’ How was that decision orchestrated
And what was Judd’s role in paying Martin and Mc Govern let alone the picks we gave up for McGovern

To be honest I feel differently now.
I can almost dont give a shit
Not totally
I want this review to get to the true bottom of what’s really wrong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The wrong has been to many shit decisions and shit decision makers for 20 years.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:
Whole thing is a joke.
No wonder it's been 20 odd years of shit.

They've been odd years alright

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Why?

He's backed the coach by virtue of being there and not doing anything to not back him. Which is tantamount to support.
He's arguably the most important person in the footy dept and he along with the HC have presided over another disgraceful era at the club. Add in the CEO and President. They all need to take accountability for the state the club is in now on the field.
Right now I'm sure they're all reaching for the life jackets. That's the nature of things.
But blind Freddy could see last year we were going downhill with Teague and yet he's still at the club. He reports to Lloyd.

Do you have access to the minutes of board meetings? Because unless you’re a board member I hope not.

If you understand anything about governance and boards is that after a vote, the board should speak with one voice. Is the coach choice one to resign a board seat over? Not necessarily, as it may affect harmony which is crucial. If a dissenting board member wishes to note their dissent they can for future reference but it may not be necessary or desirable to make that dissent public.

How do you know how Sayers has voted in those coach appointments?

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:27 am 
Harry Vallence

I was reading somewhere that we have won about 50 games over 8 years with no end in sight.

That is Fitzroy or St Kilda territory. In fact that is crisis territory. Considering it wasn’t much better prior to the current period.

And yet we are not conducting an external review of the entire club (including the board)

Papering over large cracks is what I call it.

Well and good focussing on the financial position but watch that take a hit if these deplorable performances continue.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:55 am 
Harry Vallence

CarltonClem wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Why?

Do you have access to the minutes of board meetings? Because unless you’re a board member I hope not.

If you understand anything about governance and boards is that after a vote, the board should speak with one voice. Is the coach choice one to resign a board seat over? Not necessarily, as it may affect harmony which is crucial. If a dissenting board member wishes to note their dissent they can for future reference but it may not be necessary or desirable to make that dissent public.

How do you know how Sayers has voted in those coach appointments?

Sayers has been on board for a very long time , and if he wanted to take action for incompetence he was seeing on the board , that we can all clearly see !! He could have easily pushed for a spill of the board but he didn’t , year out year in he watched and did nothing

Now all of sudden the club is debt free and he emerges from the Board and appointed by the same incompetent Board

The fact dunstall didn’t want to be part of the review is a concern and I have my reservations

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:31 am 
Wayne Johnston

TheDenominator wrote:
keogh wrote:

It’s recruiting so the board has to go, obvious right?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

What guarantee or likelihood that a brand new Board will be any better than the current lot?
People have been talking about Sayers for a while and with him in charge - and he is a completely different type of person to MLG with different skills and different networks - plus Judd and MLG leaving, that seems a reasonably healthy amount of change while still retaining some continuity.
Let’s say what happens from here, beginning with the Review which should give us an indication of what kind of President Sayers is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Why?

"Dont be a smart arse mate" :lol:
Firstly I'm not your mate and secondly, it was a legitimate question. I thought he must have come out recently publicly backing the coach to your annoyance.
If you're slagging off the football manager because he is simply supporting the incumbent coach, it's not a very legitimate argument. Whilst Teague is the coach, all aspects of the football department should give him 100% unequivocal support. If the football department is not operating as one unit or if someone steps out and puts their interests above the collectives, he should be sacked immediately.

Lloyd has done exactly what is expected from him and rightly so. Suggesting otherwise is ridiculous. IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
What guarantee or likelihood that a brand new Board will be any better than the current lot?
People have been talking about Sayers for a while and with him in charge - and he is a completely different type of person to MLG with different skills and different networks - plus Judd and MLG leaving, that seems a reasonably healthy amount of change while still retaining some continuity.
Let’s say what happens from here, beginning with the Review which should give us an indication of what kind of President Sayers is.

Sayer has to be given a chance to show why he was so sort after for a long time to Preside over Carlton.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

Remember when Rhys Palmer tweeted this back in 2018 re: Carlton

"Everyone talks about draft picks and developing youth but no one ever talks about culture...."

Everyone dismissed it but oh so true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 174  Next