Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Tickets
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:22 am 
Craig Bradley

My father and I are both captains club members so i assume we will get some sort of priority for ticketing this week. However, if we wanted to take along a few extra people who aren't members with us would there be any way we could sit together without running the risk of missing out on tickets all together? i recall doing this at the Essendon** final a couple years ago but not sure how. any help would be appreciated. GO BLUES!!

Last edited by true_blue3 on Mon Sep 26, 1981 5:07 pm; edited 92 times in total

Post subject: Re: Tickets
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:12 am 
Harry Vallence

Two tickets per membership.

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/finals/finals-ticket-faqs-and-terms-and-conditions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

thanks heaps!

Last edited by true_blue3 on Mon Sep 26, 1981 5:07 pm; edited 92 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:34 pm 
Garry Crane

Can I suggest you need to book asap, like right now. Don't leave it any longer. Groups of seats, ie 4 or more will be harder to come by.

Took me an hour this morning to get something reasonable, but got them. Won't be any better now, given that general admission has opened up!!

Post subject: Tickets
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

mjs wrote:
Can I suggest you need to book asap, like right now. Don't leave it any longer. Groups of seats, ie 4 or more will be harder to come by.

Took me an hour this morning to get something reasonable, but got them. Won't be any better now, given that general admission has opened up!!

I tried to get 5 tickets in general admission at 2:05 and couldn't.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:04 pm 
Bob Chitty

i think only single seats left now

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Springsteen wrote:
i think only single seats left now

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-02/sellout-for-catsfreo

Quote:
Sunday's blockbuster elimination final between Richmond and Carlton has also attracted huge interest, with only 427 restricted and standing room tickets remaining.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:34 pm 
Bob Chitty

wow, lets see how afl and mcc members go tomorrow but i think is so bad that members could buy the extra for non members, i am a cap carlton member and i may very well have missed out , really pathetic,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

Springsteen wrote:
wow, lets see how afl and mcc members go tomorrow but i think is so bad that members could buy the extra for non members, i am a cap carlton member and i may very well have missed out , really pathetic,

I agree. I cant understand how the AFL allowed members to buy 2 tickets per membership for this game. These clubs have over 100,000 members between them.
Only allowing club members 4 hours to buy tickets before the public is also wrong. People work and simply cant get on a computer to buy tickets during the day. I was lucky, i work part time and didnt start until 11 am so if i hadnt been able to buy tickets the group i go with would have missed out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mcc visitors and reserved seats sold out by 3pm today.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
Springsteen wrote:

I agree. I cant understand how the AFL allowed members to buy 2 tickets per membership for this game. These clubs have over 100,000 members between them.
Only allowing club members 4 hours to buy tickets before the public is also wrong. People work and simply cant get on a computer to buy tickets during the day. I was lucky, i work part time and didnt start until 11 am so if i hadnt been able to buy tickets the group i go with would have missed out.

Agree, I was in teleconferences from 9 am till about 11:30 am and I missed out. We have 3 memberships (myself and 2 sons), none of us will be going along. When i logged on I could have bought 3 tickets but not in a 3 seat block and I wasnt OK with my 12 yo son sitting somewhere else by himself in the MCG amongst 90,000 fans so I gave up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

I fear we're going to be severely outnumbered by tigers fans if Vlad's figures on talking footy are correct.

This club is poor on so many levels and it seems that it extends to the supporter base as well...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 am 
Bob Chitty

2ndeffort wrote:
kezza wrote:
Springsteen wrote:

Agree, I was in teleconferences from 9 am till about 11:30 am and I missed out. We have 3 memberships (myself and 2 sons), none of us will be going along. When i logged on I could have bought 3 tickets but not in a 3 seat block and I wasnt OK with my 12 yo son sitting somewhere else by himself in the MCG amongst 90,000 fans so I gave up.

furthur rest the case how pathetic this is, 1) we should have had all day to get tickets and 2) no extras. the AFL will come out later with some bullshit stat that carlton and richmond members only took up ex amount of tics they were allocated and look we are so nice we threw them open to the public to give everyone a chance. i know it says tic exhausted as we speak but keep checking whenever you can as more tics may be released on the drip.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:40 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Got our AFL members tickets this morning. Block of 7 too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 am 
Ken Hunter

buzzaaaah wrote:
Got our AFL members tickets this morning. Block of 7 too.

:thumbsup:
I was lucky enough to get a block of 6 tickets yesterday morning.
Almost got timed out when paying but made it by 20 seconds.
It really isnt good enough, ticketek must have known there would be huge volumes trying to use the system. There should have been more time for members to buy tickets and restricted to one ticket per membership.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 am 
Stephen Silvagni

will be a 'sell out'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Ticketek and the AFL botched it definitely.
Ticketmaster is worse believe me. I think their servers are 3 pentium PCs joined together.
Our ticket agencies are woefully inadequate and unprepared for large volume sales.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 am 
Harry Vallence

Many don't know the trick but always go to 'm.ticketek.com.au' even through your computer browser.

Different servers, no queue, no timeouts. This morning had my tickets booked by 9:01am

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:55 am 
Bruce Doull

nck wrote:
Many don't know the trick but always go to 'm.ticketek.com.au' even through your computer browser.

Different servers, no queue, no timeouts. This morning had my tickets booked by 9:01am

For really popular events fire up IE, Firefox and Chrome. I know it adds to the server load but at least a timeout won't mean you miss out.