Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Player Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:19 am 
formerly Virgin Blue

Good friend of mine was fortunate enough to meet one of our senior players recently and this senior player said to my friend ...

- Malthouse keeps the message simple and drives the message home consistently and as such in the players' view Malthouse's system is superior to the previous coaches system
- the players knew from the outset that they're second half of the season would be better than their first half of the season and they expect to be playing good footy towards the end of the H&A season, the word J Curve was used to explain how the players viewed their season

Post subject: Player Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:27 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Best they start delivering then. We will probably be 0-2 start to the second half of the season, even 0-3 which would be identical to our season start.

Post subject: Re: Player Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:01 pm 
formerly Virgin Blue

Well in the end it's up to the players isn't it, to be mentally tough or not

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I thought it would be up to the coach to make them that way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I think the players have gained MM's respect because they have played the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:53 pm 
formerly Virgin Blue

kingkerna wrote:

You can lead a horse ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:54 pm 
formerly Virgin Blue

Look you guys need to understand its not Micks fault Curnow can't be trusted from 30m directly in front

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kingkerna wrote:

Moreso a sports psychologist...can we re-hire Rudi Webster? He's still practicing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Moreso a sports psychologist...can we re-hire Rudi Webster? He's still practicing.

Only if Percy Jones endorses this appointment..............

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sugarcane wrote:
Look you guys need to understand its not Micks fault Curnow can't be trusted from 30m directly in front

is that sarcasm?
is anything Micks fault?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:25 pm 
Robert Walls

DocSherrin wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

We don't want someone practising - we want someone who's doing it for real.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:32 pm 
formerly Virgin Blue

kingkerna wrote:
Sugarcane wrote:

is that sarcasm?
is anything Micks fault?

Game plan in time will be his respOnsibility

Development of players recruited over time can be added to the list. In just half a year Cachia and Garlett get massive ticks as do Hendo and Walker and Simpson at HBF has been a success of late, and Levi has taken another step up, and Waite seems to have got the
Message . Not many players have gone backwards under Mick. maybe Duigan but let's face it he's a panicky turnover merchant ad Laidlers knees have taken away whatever pace he had. Hell even Hampson has improved albeit he seems To have a ceiling

So far the game plan seems to be ok in at least we haven't had any losses over 17 points I think? Seems to have stemmed the bleeding in that sense. It's his first year and only have way through we can see some improvement

Add players giving consisten effort to the list also and a tick beside that too I would argue

So yes plenty of things he will be accountable for. But Curnow wasn't recruited on his watch and I would suggest its pretty hard to make lousy disposers turn into good disposers. Not his fault, or are you being a smart arse ???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:38 pm 
formerly Virgin Blue

Sugarcane wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

You can lead a horse ...

No response to this ????

Thought so

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Thanks for posting this SugarC. I understand of course that we're never sure exactly what was said and by whom, but nevertheless I still like reading positive stories about the playing group and the club. Guess I just want to believe.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

As much as I like what Malthouse is doing right now, lets not credit him with Hendo and Walker playing well back. That credit goes to previous coaching team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
As much as I like what Malthouse is doing right now, lets not credit him with Hendo and Walker playing well back. That credit goes to previous coaching team.

Nah....Hendo always had it and just had to grow from a teenager into a mature strong man.

Walker's shoulders got sorted and he's also always been a talent....just getting the best out of himself now that he has matured and settled....and not so much Peter Pan....DOA leave me out of this...your boy has grown up, and as I've pointed out to you previously Carlton are a better team with him in it and that's why we will always have the poyentail to improve...hehehehe.

Those 2 are favourites of mine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

Not responsible for the skills?
Not responsible for player mentality?
Not responsible for bench rotations?
Not responsible for win/loss?
Not responsible for players not following structures and game plan?
:?
Am I missing something?
What TF is a coach responsible for?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

redback wrote:
Not responsible for the skills?
Not responsible for player mentality?
Not responsible for bench rotations?
Not responsible for win/loss?
Not responsible for players not following structures and game plan?
:?
Am I missing something?
What TF is a coach responsible for?

You have your take....and like me you're guessing MM faults....and the players have their take.

Looking at Neeld and his relationship with players and hearing what I've heard about some players' perception of Ratts...I'm glad we've got MM.

As I just PMed someone, I couldn't believe that I could ever like MM, but he's a passionate Carl;tonian now and has the same objective as all of us.....eyes on the prize.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sugarcane wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Sugarcane wrote:

is that sarcasm?
is anything Micks fault?

Development of players recruited over time can be added to the list. In just half a year Cachia and Garlett get massive ticks as do Hendo and Walker and Simpson at HBF has been a success of late, and Levi has taken another step up, and Waite seems to have got the
Message . Not many players have gone backwards under Mick. maybe Duigan but let's face it he's a panicky turnover merchant ad Laidlers knees have taken away whatever pace he had. Hell even Hampson has improved albeit he seems To have a ceiling

So far the game plan seems to be ok in at least we haven't had any losses over 17 points I think? Seems to have stemmed the bleeding in that sense. It's his first year and only have way through we can see some improvement

Add players giving consisten effort to the list also and a tick beside that too I would argue

So yes plenty of things he will be accountable for. But Curnow wasn't recruited on his watch and I would suggest its pretty hard to make lousy disposers turn into good disposers. Not his fault, or are you being a smart arse ???

Armfield is doing alright

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:04 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Trigger wrote:
Sugarcane wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Sugarcane wrote:

is that sarcasm?
is anything Micks fault?

Armfield is doing alright

Armfield played out of his skin early last season. Garlett could only improve after last season (personal issues). Levi was playing games out last year. Don't forget Levi's early games this season. Terrible.

Betts has gone backwards. Simpson hasn't had the best season but playing well now. Yaz strange season. Warnock and Hampson same if not worse. Dale and Bell struggling.

I am happy with our game. We are harder to play against. Seem to be quite compact..........but lets not get too carried away we still cough up games very easy. Still get bullied. Still cop it on the rebound despite what Judd said last week. Still lose to rubbish teams.