Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Synbad wrote:

but blind freddy could see where were at...

That is what we were discussing before you went off tap.

Do you think Malthouse, had he been in the office and not off selling a book would have seen that the list as a whole lacked a hard edge to win big games and did something about it? Do you think he would have seen all the HBFers and did something about it?
Do you think someone should have told him? Did he need to be told? If so why?

Why didn't he get the ball rolling ? instead we bang our head against a wall for another 12 months as he learns the lessons "blind freddy could see" .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Do you think Malthouse, had he been in the office and not off selling a book would have seen that the list as a whole lacked a hard edge to win big games and did something about it? Do you think he would have seen all the HBFers and did something about it?

Why didn't he get the ball rolling ? instead we bang our head against a wall for another 12 months as he learns the lessons "blind freddy could see" .

Who was going to tell him? The guys that had worked alongside Ratten in putting the list together?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:13 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Who was going to tell him? The guys that had worked alongside Ratten in putting the list together?

Blind freddy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Some coaches kept their job including Gavin Brown, the recruiting dept had a new boss and Andy McKay was there.

Why couldn't he ask these guys? They'll be there next as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Te club knew MM was going to do the book and agreed.
Blame Sticks and Swann not MM.
MM left list management to our great footy manager McKay......... who is becoming a worry too....

But Ratten was a cypher in all this.. he was never an AFL coach.. he never had the experience to build a list.. but he had to go.
Sticks is not presidential material... he has to go
Hughes was as dumb as 2 red bricks.. he is gone.
McKay has been part of some weird decisions also..... not up to it...

basically the club needs an overhaul....

im not interested in getting to the bottom of exactly every person and their worth...

The club needs a sweepout!!!.... horrible as it sounds.. but are we the most stale flower club going around???
Anyone worth their salt will get a job at another club... but for us... its athe road sweeper and everything goes!!!....

what do you think is MElbournes fault if its not their admin???

The only way to change things is the entire admin and everything else goes!!!!
New thinking.. new ideas..

Doing the same things with the same people or their spiritual offspring isnt gunna cut it!!!

But yeah i know its not going to happen... so we will slip further and further into mediocrity till we ru n the club into the ground.

But @#$%&! me dead.. are we one @#$%&! boring club living in the past.. !!!???

sometimes i can hear ninas '99 red balloons' playing in the background when i think about who we are today......

we need a change... not window dressing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

Malthouse told everyone we had a list to challange. The list hasn't changed, he needs to make it happen.
He is a premiership coach with plenty of experience and nouse. No excuses tolerated and extra time wasted.
We need to win a premiership in the next 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Some coaches kept their job including Gavin Brown, the recruiting dept had a new boss and Andy McKay was there.

when the club signs up a coach and his team and then a few short months later think oh oh... boo boo...lets fix this and go out and get someone else who needs some moved on..... were a few quid short...

but like ratten ....hughes.... and everybody else .. noone takes responsibility for the @#$%&! up...

im not sure why we should have accountable footballers when noone else around the club is...

of course it costs abit.. and we only have a half baked coaching group now... :lol:

oh yeah.... werre too smart for cooky over at geelong we stole his 2ic... cos geelong wernt smart enough to contract him....

correct??? :lol:

just face it!!!.. this will go on and on.....!!!

however..!!!!... i do believe mm will stiffen us up... bit it wont be enough if youre thinking flags...!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

SurreyBlue wrote:
Malthouse told everyone we had a list to challange. The list hasn't changed, he needs to make it happen.
He is a premiership coach with plenty of experience and nouse. No excuses tolerated and extra time wasted.

yes he said that... he should have said... what he meant is anyone who believes this is a @#$%&! idiot..!!!.... its white man forked tongue surrey..... you believed it yes???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

when the club signs up a coach and his team and then a few short months later think oh oh... boo boo...lets fix this and go out and get someone else who needs some moved on..... were a few quid short...

but like ratten ....hughes.... and everybody else .. noone takes responsibility for the !@#$%& up...

im not sure why we should have accountable footballers when noone else around the club is...

of course it costs abit.. and we only have a half baked coaching group now... :lol:

oh yeah.... werre too smart for cooky over at geelong we stole his 2ic... cos geelong wernt smart enough to contract him....

correct??? :lol:

just face it!!!.. this will go on and on.....!!!

however..!!!!... i do believe mm will stiffen us up... bit it wont be enough if youre thinking flags...!!!

So he can't talk to people who work at the club.

Ok. :screwy: :donk: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

we have an aging midfild.
we rely on rookie listed players... even to the point that bell going back to the rookie list and cachia tomorrow is a spew!!!!

what other club has that situation going on??... youre not allowed to say melbourne...

stuck arent you???

we have 5 or 6 hbfers in the ressies though......and a few talls that are useless as tits on a bull!!!

our franchise player is a broken down man... he cant even kick or turn...

Thats the franchise player on a million a year.... its been 2 seasons like this now

yes this is easy...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

Synbad wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

yes he said that... he should have said... what he meant is anyone who believes this is a !@#$%& idiot..!!!.... its white man forked tongue surrey..... you believed it yes???

Nice.........got stumped again....... :lol: :lol:
Very reason why people ignore you.......play the ball numb arse!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Synbad wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

yes he said that... he should have said... what he meant is anyone who believes this is a !@#$%& idiot..!!!.... its white man forked tongue surrey..... you believed it yes???

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

SurreyBlue wrote:
Synbad wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

OMG you beieved it...

did you ever bother to check our list makeup??

Where the hell is our midfield???...

have u looked at our draftees .... how many players in the first 3 rounds have been deemed unsuitable???

we were closer to our peak 3 years ago than we are today....

club knows it...even if hes playing funny buggers..!!!...

we wernt too youn g and we had to be patient.. cos now our midfield is on the old side.. and nothing pushing through

time stands still for noone...especially banana clubs

so its a bout time someone does come in and work through the list and demand the kinds of players we need to draft.

im pissed off we have given tuohy 3 years though.. as much as i like him... its not how you do it!!!

so we probably havent learnt anything...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 pm 
Wayne Johnston

SurreyBlue wrote:
Synbad wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Was about to say the same thing. Synbad, you keep changing the goal posts in this discussion. It makes it near impossible to have a proper chat.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

you know club... ratts in a chat with me 3 years ago didnt believe he could iron out small things and %ers to improve ....
he said and i quote "Do you think you can eiminate everything do you?".... i wasnt even tallking about everything.

PS... when i asked him who will be the bi improvers...!!!.. without a minute to waste he said "Hawthorn".... when i explained i didnt ask him about other clubs but our players..... he did say Bower and Russell were going to become All Australians that year....

Too much faith you say???

When he brought Brock to the club .. moved heaven and earth for him.. he quicly lost faith in him and sent him to football Coventry...!!!only to bring him back when he was exhausted of ideas and players.... :lol:

I can probably write a 30 min sitcom with a 30 minute talk to Ratten...probably one of the most basic guys ive ever spoken footy too... him and marcus rose.. if we leave smorgo out for a bit..

When we said our goodbyes i did finish it with...

"It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice." ... but substituted mice for Ratts...-Deng Xiaoping

he didnt get it!!!.. look of weird on his face...

but he did get it later....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:

PS... when i asked him who will be the bi improvers...!!!.. without a minute to waste he said "Hawthorn"......

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Synbad wrote:

PS... when i asked him who will be the bi improvers...!!!.. without a minute to waste he said "Hawthorn"......

:thumbsup:

i was wondering where he got those stats... maybe the rubbish bin outside the club...???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:15 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Was Crawf still at the hawks ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:
you know club... ratts in a chat with me 3 years ago didnt believe he could iron out small things and %ers to improve ....
he said and i quote "Do you think you can eiminate everything do you?".... i wasnt even tallking about everything.

PS... when i asked him who will be the bi improvers...!!!.. without a minute to waste he said "Hawthorn".... when i explained i didnt ask him about other clubs but our players..... he did say Bower and Russell were going to become All Australians that year....

Too much faith you say???

When he brought Brock to the club .. moved heaven and earth for him.. he quicly lost faith in him and sent him to football Coventry...!!!only to bring him back when he was exhausted of ideas and players.... :lol:

I can probably write a 30 min sitcom with a 30 minute talk to Ratten...probably one of the most basic guys ive ever spoken footy too... him and marcus rose.. if we leave smorgo out for a bit..

When we said our goodbyes i did finish it with...

"It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice." ... but substituted mice for Ratts...-Deng Xiaoping

he didnt get it!!!.. look of weird on his face...

but he did get it later....

Thought we were talking about MM and Blues skies.

Oh well lets keep looking backward. Safer ground.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

I think the idea is the skies are bluer because Ratts isn't around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next