Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

TruBlueBrad wrote:
Last week we were average, this week we're on the up.

He's a contrarian. :razz:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
We have always had players in form and players out. It is collectively that is the problem. As a group we lack the toughness required to make us difficult to play against for 115 mins each week.

It has been noted on here for years. I am disappointed we haven't addressed it properly and somehow got convinced that it all came down to the last coach. Dull thinking. Now he needed to be swapped out but the other 80% of the problem was not addressed last pre season when we had the chance. It will happen this year but unfortunately Micks ego has cost us 12mths. 12mths is all gold coast will require to beat us to the top even if we nail the personnel changes this pre season.

Skies still a little cloudy unfortunately.

again he did have 5 years to identify this and fix it..

we still have a bunch of players on our list were working through.

its why he had to go...... he couldnt organise a list in 5 seasons.

not dull thinking at all....

dull thinking is believing its the players that need sorting out but the coach does the same thing over an dover again...

and signs superflous types on mutiple season contracts and keeps trading and drafting for a position on the ground u only cant play them all... and taking away meanwhile mids are older and few

thats dull thinking!!!

Agree Ratts had his chance. 5 years was enough time to get results. I have told you that is what I think many times. However, the only change was to the coach. That was it. People blaming our losses on player positions, the coaches appearance, what he ate during games, where he coached from, closed sessions, talking about stats in pressers etc.. anything the but the team being full of talented players collectively having no ticker. That is where it was dull thinking. Noone told the new coach or the new coach was off spruiking a book rather than spending a couple of weeks watching tapes or listening to people that knew the list needed fresh blood. The list needed a new face. One that was tough and hated losing and would do everything it could week after week to make sure it didn't happen.

The new coach thought he could turn it around. Ego or just plan lack of research into our last few years?
The same things are happening this year as last year and the years before that.

It will get done this pre season. 12 mths too late in my opinion.

I found that a bit puzzling myself.

MM obviously made the call on the assistant coaches before he started I reckon there would have been a few players he may have had a good idea about as well, but nothing happened.

Was it a mistake or part of his " everyone gets a fresh start" commitment?

who should have been delisted???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Not sure.

Just thought he may have formed an opinion on some players already.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:16 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Synbad wrote:

Just some trading. Mixing it up . Lose a 6.5/10 and gain a different 6.5/10 player but with a different skillset to mix things up. Maybe a different personality. As it stands now we have the same list with the same problems. Those of us that weren't carrying on about where Ratts coached from or if he punched the air when we made a comeback , or that he looked like the guy from the Mad magazines could have given Mick a few tips but a serious look at the tapes and a few honest conversations with assistants and team managers should have been enough to save Mick a year of picking through the list. He was off selling books ! AVERAGE !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Just some trading. Mixing it up . Lose a 6.5/10 and gain a different 6.5/10 player but with a different skillset to mix things up. Maybe a different personality. As it stands now we have the same list with the same problems. Those of us that weren't carrying on about where Ratts coached from or if he punched the air when we made a comeback , or that he looked like the guy from the Mad magazines could have given Mick a few tips but a serious look at the tapes and a few honest conversations with assistants and team managers should have been enough to save Mick a year of picking through the list. He was off selling books ! AVERAGE !

Seems so doesn't it, plus MM might have had some ideas on players he rated that we could look at.

Post subject: Are blue skies ahead?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

All new coaches give players a fresh start (except Neeld).

Also a lot of the deadwood were contracted for this season meaning our hands were tied.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:33 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Adam Chatfield wrote:

Also a lot of the deadwood were contracted for this season meaning our hands were tied.

Not sure how hands were tied?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

again ratts has no fall back
u supported him and its his list.... :lol:

youre funny

who is responsible for the mix ???

ur pretending club organization and ratts have been dealt an awful blow

coaches dont keep guys like davies and joseph on a list
they certainly would kick the recruiters in the nuts if they came back with 20 hbfer types .. they wouldnt be trading for more.
its about having the imagination and getting the logistics of a list together.
mckay and hughes are also to blame for what we have
sticks is even more so along with the ceo
but there is also no reason mckay and malthouse shoulld be signing tuohy up for a 3 year contract

yes its a mess.. but ultimately ratts had over 5 seasons with the list and he has to own it... no getting away from responsibility.

youre pretending the list you dont like sprang up out of nowhere and snuck up ratts arse...

arent you????

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

Not sure how hands were tied?

salary cap....
contracts
draftees who are duds.
players who are superflous.hbfer types

It is true he couldnt believe what we have been drafting... and said he doesnt want more talls that cant run.. and hbfer types that are useless anywhere else. He cant use them in any other roles. (We had a few on contracts ) :lol:
True!Ask mr Cazz.. he would know.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

Just so you dont keep on using this... ill make it very clear for you club.

if list management is the problem for the past FIVE YEARS.... i might be drawing a mighty long bow here... but do you reckon by any chance Ratten as head coach in that time ...would he have had anything to do with it and should accept responsibility ... or in your very esteemed judgement.. do you think he had no say in the list after 5 years??????

i think thats what im trying to say and ask...

So if Ratten was supposed to know this list inside out.. and MM is not Ratten i would assume... looks abit older..three times premiership coach and doesnt eat snakes during games.. are three obvious reasons i see he cant be Ratten.. dont you think he needs a year to work out whats what as far as the list is concerned???... he might even see something different in some players.. or extract something different...

i know all this all sounds like a live handgrenade .. totally loaded..and something you have never thought of before.... but what do you think??? :sly:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:07 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Synbad wrote:
club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

again ratts has no fall back
u supported him and its his list.... :lol:

youre funny

who is responsible for the mix ???

ur pretending club organization and ratts have been dealt an awful blow

coaches dont keep guys like davies and joseph on a list
they certainly would kick the recruiters in the nuts if they came back with 20 hbfer types .. they wouldnt be trading for more.
its about having the imagination and getting the logistics of a list together.
mckay and hughes are also to blame for what we have
sticks is even more so along with the ceo
but there is also no reason mckay and malthouse shoulld be signing tuohy up for a 3 year contract

yes its a mess.. but ultimately ratts had over 5 seasons with the list and he has to own it... no getting away from responsibility.

youre pretending the list you dont like sprang up out of nowhere and snuck up ratts arse...

arent you????

:lol:

Sheesh. What is that? Have I triggered a tic?

Did you actually read the posts in this conversations? I suggest re reading them and then edit your last post as it is all over the place.
None of it has anything to do with or just plain ignores the post you quoted. Is this your fall back reply? Cut and paste? Throw in a "you're funny" to keep the schoolboy standard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

club

you say its the teams fault.
and somehow the list in malthouses responsibility.... as it still has the same flaws as last year.....
we all agree it does.... the problem is ... in a game where there are no form fours... no country zones... small lists c ompared to the u der 19s and reserves of yestyear... the guy wallks in to the club november after contracts had been drawn up..and the list finalised...(remember he doesnt know who will respond and who wont.. but relies also on the FOOTBALL manager)... im not sure i can follow your point about you being right last year and a change of coach was the wrong move... when Ratten headed the building of this list in the first place...

Spell it out.. call me a dick.. and explain exactly how this is malthouses fault and not rattens.. or what your actual point is..

i wont mind.. but make it easy and make it make sense....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

club29 wrote:
Agree Ratts had his chance. 5 years was enough time to get results. I have told you that is what I think many times. However, the only change was to the coach. That was it. People blaming our losses on player positions, the coaches appearance, what he ate during games, where he coached from, closed sessions, talking about stats in pressers etc.. anything the but the team being full of talented players collectively having no ticker. That is where it was dull thinking. Noone told the new coach or the new coach was off spruiking a book rather than spending a couple of weeks watching tapes or listening to people that knew the list needed fresh blood. The list needed a new face. One that was tough and hated losing and would do everything it could week after week to make sure it didn't happen.

The new coach thought he could turn it around. Ego or just plan lack of research into our last few years?

I agree 100% with the waste of 12 months club and the missed opportunity to enforce discipline and standards to the playing group.
What I don’t buy is that he needs time to learn the group or individual strengths of the group. Malthouse is a career footballer. He lives and breathes footy all his life and knows everything associated with nearly every player and club personnel.
Malthouse has been involved in playing coaching for nearly 50 years at the top level and also has done analysis and editorials in the media. He has coached against our current players for as long as they have played and also analysed them for his media commitments.
If he didn’t know what he was hired to do and who to do it with then we hired the wrong coach.

Another thing I object to is the constant criticism of Ratten and his ongoing involvement in our failers.
Malthouse has been there for 8 months now and there hasn’t been any improvement in our overall mental game or discipline demanded for success.
The difference is Ratten took over a wooden spoon side and played finals within two years with a yound list.
Malthouse has taken over a side with finals experience and with a good mix of maturing and matured players and hasn’t made any improvement in stimulating our group for higher success.

FFS even our skills and goal kicking are still the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ORACLE WILLIE SAYS..

if the moon rises, and hawks go down, then yes. big chance, blue skies.
if not, but the swans and pies go down then yes , still big chance blue skies.

if only pies, very cloudy, with glimpses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

redback wrote:
club29 wrote:

I agree 100% with the waste of 12 months club and the missed opportunity to enforce discipline and standards to the playing group.
What I don’t buy is that he needs time to learn the group or individual strengths of the group. Malthouse is a career footballer. He lives and breathes footy all his life and knows everything associated with nearly every player and club personnel.
Malthouse has been involved in playing coaching for nearly 50 years at the top level and also has done analysis and editorials in the media. He has coached against our current players for as long as they have played and also analysed them for his media commitments.
If he didn’t know what he was hired to do and who to do it with then we hired the wrong coach.

Another thing I object to is the constant criticism of Ratten and his ongoing involvement in our failers.
Malthouse has been there for 8 months now and there hasn’t been any improvement in our overall mental game or discipline demanded for success.
The difference is Ratten took over a wooden spoon side and played finals within two years with a yound list.
Malthouse has taken over a side with finals experience and with a good mix of maturing and matured players and hasn’t made any improvement in stimulating our group for higher success.

\

different people managing can get different people to perform different

its like chemistry... some bird might think youre ugly and hate u .. but she might think im a spunk.....
she doesnt even go to the movies when u call her.. but shes at the drive ins.. back row with me....

the world is funny....and weird.... you dont think so????

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 pm 
formerly BlueRob

All we need is a decent coach. :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

redback wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:39 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Synbad wrote:

if list management is the problem for the past FIVE YEARS.... i might be drawing a mighty long bow here... but do you reckon by any chance Ratten as head coach in that time ...would he have had anything to do with it and should accept responsibility ... or in your very esteemed judgement.. do you think he had no say in the list after 5 years??????

So if Ratten was supposed to know this list inside out.. and MM is not Ratten i would assume... looks abit older..three times premiership coach and doesnt eat snakes during games.. are three obvious reasons i see he cant be Ratten.. dont you think he needs a year to work out whats what as far as the list is concerned???... he might even see something different in some players.. or extract something different...

i know all this all sounds like a live handgrenade .. totally loaded..and something you have never thought of before.... but what do you think??? :sly:

You must have missed the 100's of posts where I said Ratts mistake is he put his faith in the wrong group of players. Not coaching from the bench, eating lollies, playing taggers, playing Gibbs back, running closed training sessions, having big ears ,quoting stats in interviews and whatever else came to the minds of the dull.

We moved Ratts on and kept his list. Sorted out 20% of the problem and Mick left the other 80% there for another year to make the same mistakes again and again. Stop going off on tangents, absorb other posters posts and try and keep up.

You were the one going on about "we will all find Mick will get the most out of the list". Now you have done a backflip and starting singing to the choir about the list.

The choir is thinking WTF.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

You must have missed the 100's of posts where I said Ratts mistake is he put his faith in the wrong group of players. Not coaching from the bench, eating lollies, playing taggers, playing Gibbs back, running closed training sessions, having big ears ,quoting stats in interviews and whatever else came to the minds of the dull.

We moved Ratts on and kept his list. Sorted out 20% of the problem and Mick left the other 80% there for another year to make the same mistakes again and again. Stop going off on tangents, absorb other posters posts and try and keep up.

You were the one going on about "we will all find Mick will get the most out of the list". Now you have done a backflip and starting singing to the choir about the list.

The choir is thinking WTF.

yes his mistake was to have faith in the players HE BUILT.... not someone else...

i do remember an interview malthouse gave where he talks about the psychological shortcomings of the ist he inherited.

we can all see judd was ratts big bertha.. and he flogged him to death.. and last year when he didnt have his big bertha he was out of ideas.. and they didnt want him.

its ridiculous to believe where we are at...

No leadership
No midfielders pushing through.
Wasted picks on both talls and flankers all in the reserves.. that malthouse was going to fix it in one go.

even if he wanted to do something... all he can do is go to the ressies and bring in another flanker.. whether its duigan laidler davies or bootsma... its still just going to be a flanker..
All he can do is go to the ressies and get himself another tall slow.. whether its rowe.. watson or mitchell its just a tall slow...

there is no variety there for him.....!!!... he has to dip into the rookie list... :lol: isnt that @#$%&! weird????????

but end of the year he will fashion out a list and it will take him a couple of seasons but it will be what he wanted.

when i was saying we didnt need hbfers and slow talls... and the footy dept the coac h and the recruiters were negligent in their duties you were arguing....

but blind freddy could see where were at...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

club i didnt miss anything you said.. especially what doesnt make sense.
There was no planning...
Ratten Hughes and McKay havent planned....
The CEO hasnt planned... ultimately theyre all @#$%&! dumb...!!!
Hughes and Ratten have been given the arse cos they didnt plan.. and have no clue how to bolt a list together.
MCKay and a few others are around this club knowing full well they have [REDACTED] up...

BUT Ratten cant blame the players for not taking the bull by the horns and fixing things in over FIVE YEARS!!!.... his lack of underdstanding killed him.... not the players.. the players were his baby... most knew othing but Ratten!!!.. he is responsible..!!!
And there are others who allowed it to go on who are more responsible... for hiring and going along with Rattens stupidity plus Hughes!!!

Players dont destroy things.... the coach .. president .. organisation will...!!!.. thats what the cat dragged in...
in ratten and huges case they dragged in the players..
in the ceos case ... he dragged in ratts and hughes etc.. or kept them..
in the presidents case... he dragged in the ceo or kept him...

The organisation is [REDACTED]!!!... but ultimately ratts was dumb and was proven dumb by his creation... the team!!!

with malthouse we need to wait and see...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next