Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alastair Clarkson
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

muzza wrote:
The oracle of all things CFC on BF is saying Clarkson will give his decision in the next few days.

I really do hope the Carlton board were presented with high quality powerpoints from Clarkson.

Coaching success and failure is dependent on good PPT slides.

A pic of Hawks 4 Cups should do it.

Post subject: Alastair Clarkson
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:07 pm 
formerly King Kenny

GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I'd be surprised after we gave his mate Bolts the arse.
Then again, class has never been Clarko's strong suit. Any AFL coach who goes along to kids footy and abuses umpires is a first degree flower.

I agree but we are a little short in the first degree flower category...

:-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:09 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Blue Vain wrote:
CarltonClem wrote:
GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Obviously you're talking Carlton FC and not "Talking Carlton"?

Obviously. :lol:

You two are flowers of the highest order.

Not just first degree.

Nth degree.

Lol (all tongue in cheek in case it wasn’t understood)

:grin: :thumbsup:

FWIW, did anyone see Jordan Lewis' comments when asked if Carlton should approach Clarkson to replace Teague.
"The grass isn't always greener"
Interesting view from someone who retains extensive contacts within Hawthorn and knows Clarko very well.

Is Lewis referring to Hawks or Carlton? Could realistically be both.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:17 pm 
Bert Deacon

just retire and hop onto your horse and ride into sunset /maybe will see you at the end of 2022

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Matthewzac wrote:
https://youtu.be/r6omeJUKPUM

Have a listen to this. Everyone make their own minds up. Love or hate the bloke ..one thing he brings up more than once is the importance of a great culture. Hmmm…that’s right we don’t have that key ingredient. A fascinating listen and boy our club could learn so much. All the wisdom, wealth of knowledge, experience, man management and on and on you can’t buy. Our club at this point in time lacks what he brings to the table in this interview with Dylan Buckley. I am looking at the big picture here. Just maybe he has something to offer. At this point in time we are on our knees. We need a man who has gone to the mountain before. 4 times! But I am sure there will and always will be people who will continue to take pot shots at him. If there is a better replacement on offer so be it.

You're a good man Matthewzac :thumbsup:

I have been talking to a lot of people, carlton people, including friends in my own football community here in sydney about my hatred of the man Clarkson.

I don't like the word 'hate', or should I say I hate the word 'hate', because as Ive said to my boys, it eats at you, and if you don't do anything about it, it consumes you and defines you.

After viewing this interview by our very own Dylan Buckley, whose father "chased and clobbered Clarkson every second he could" in the Battle of Britain, I have come to terms with Clarkson. I don't like what he did to Fev and Ian Aitken, but I'm not going to let my blind hatred of Clarkson get in the way of what's right or wrong for Carlton in its quest for the right coach.

Like Clarkson said, he's been shaped a by alot of stuff but he was lucky the Hawks found their culture just before he got there, and unfortunately after Schwab, and the club was aligned for success. God recruitment was part of it, and development was a key, but the whole club was aligned for success...that sounds like Carlton of old...and we can and will have that again, no doubt.

Its not survival that concerns carlton today. We are again an off field power house, but on field e have to get a few issues ironed out. That's what i hope this review does, and I dare to dream Sayer will guide us to the Holy Grail on field after MLG drove us there off field, with or without Clarkson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Matthewzac wrote:

Have a listen to this. Everyone make their own minds up. Love or hate the bloke ..one thing he brings up more than once is the importance of a great culture. Hmmm…that’s right we don’t have that key ingredient. A fascinating listen and boy our club could learn so much. All the wisdom, wealth of knowledge, experience, man management and on and on you can’t buy. Our club at this point in time lacks what he brings to the table in this interview with Dylan Buckley. I am looking at the big picture here. Just maybe he has something to offer. At this point in time we are on our knees. We need a man who has gone to the mountain before. 4 times! But I am sure there will and always will be people who will continue to take pot shots at him. If there is a better replacement on offer so be it.

I have been talking to a lot of people, carlton people, including friends in my own football community here in sydney about my hatred of the man Clarkson.

I don't like the word 'hate', or should I say I hate the word 'hate', because as Ive said to my boys, it eats at you, and if you don't do anything about it, it consumes you and defines you.

After viewing this interview by our very own Dylan Buckley, whose father "chased and clobbered Clarkson every second he could" in the Battle of Britain, I have come to terms with Clarkson. I don't like what he did to Fev and Ian Aitken, but I'm not going to let my blind hatred of Clarkson get in the way of what's right or wrong for Carlton in its quest for the right coach.

Like Clarkson said, he's been shaped a by alot of stuff but he was lucky the Hawks found their culture just before he got there, and unfortunately after Schwab, and the club was aligned for success. God recruitment was part of it, and development was a key, but the whole club was aligned for success...that sounds like Carlton of old...and we can and will have that again, no doubt.

Its not survival that concerns carlton today. We are again an off field power house, but on field e have to get a few issues ironed out. That's what i hope this review does, and I dare to dream Sayer will guide us to the Holy Grail on field after MLG drove us there off field, with or without Clarkson

Gary Ablett only played 6 games for the Hawks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

david31 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
In principle I’ve got no issue with getting Clarkson if he’s interested and feels he has something to bring, and this is a key recommendation from the review.

However, I’ll be annoyed if (ala Malthouse):
- Our entire process was “just call Clarko”
- Clarko would just be doing it for the money and not through a belief in the group
- We’ve not given thought to putting a decent team around him and leave every decision to him

Agreed Don
Regardless of who is hired, the club needs to run a comprehensive and exhaustive process
We’ve done the non-exhaustive process before and it doesn’t work
Bring in a number of candidates and hear them out with an open mind
Follow due process for once if that’s not too much to ask for a “professional” organisation

We have given the position to candidates with and without exhaustive process:

Messiah: Malthouse :mad: Ratten :wink: Teague :yikes:

Exhaustive process: Bolton .... he came with new ideas, a successful program .. on training wheels?

Succession Plan: Brittain ... Master to the Apprentice :gift:

There's got to be a bit of luck involved with the decision.

Remember Clarkson was a first year coach and after a few years he was on the cards of being shown the door. Every coach has to start by being a first year coach. So what type do we choose?

Just watched the Dylan Buckley interview with Clarkson. Opened my eyes. There's a lot of luck involved, as well as a great culture where the club is aligned on all levels.

We are all sceptics having experienced what we have with coaches this century. We have become a facetious lot at TC.

Should we go through an exhaustive process if Clarkson choses to take up our offer in the next few days? or do we say "thank god he said yes and he believes he can get us into Finals"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Matthewzac wrote:

Gary Ablett only played 6 games for the Hawks.

Yeah.....Right......what's the point you're making?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jamespul65 wrote:
just retire and hop onto your horse and ride into sunset /maybe will see you at the end of 2022

Not if we commit to another first year coach for 3 years after an exhaustive process : assuming Teague's gone ... which the whole football thinks is the case.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

From 'Barass70" on Big Footy, who is usually right on the money.

Attachments:
Clarko.jpg
Clarko.jpg [ 34.65 KiB | Viewed 1304 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
barass70 on BF wrote:
Clarkson will give the club an answer in next few days.
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluehammer wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
barass70 on BF wrote:

Suppose i can delete my post then seeing i'm hours late...lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:20 pm 
Bruce Comben

Thanks for your reply bondiblue. :thumbsup: Your post was a good read. Like all on here I just want the best man for the job and for our club to truly get its house in order. A kingdom divided will not stand. We just have to get this right with the review.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
barass70 on BF wrote:

Suppose i can delete my post then seeing i'm hours late...lol.
Haha just yankin your chain Jim.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:52 am 
Harry Vallence

If and only If Clarkson says yes then I'd like the following to happen

Clarkson - Senior Coach
Bolton - Forwards Coach
Power - Midfield Coach
Leppitsch. - Defensive Coach
Buckley - Football Manager
Dean Solomon. - Development Coach

Emma Murray- Mind Coach.

Emma is probably to most crucial to all of this.
Our players need help mentally especially our Senior leaders and if she can get them all to buy in then that's half the battle.

IMO we have the players but for some reason they are mentally weak and Football is played between the ears for most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

deano35 wrote:

Clarkson - Senior Coach
Bolton - Forwards Coach
Power - Midfield Coach

Emma Murray- Mind Coach.

Our players need help mentally especially our Senior leaders and if she can get them all to buy in then that's half the battle.

IMO we have the players but for some reason they are mentally weak and Football is played between the ears for most of the time.

Looking good
Would be just as happy with Pyke instead of Buckley (eg if not interested/available)
Also unsure about Leppitsch interest to just be a line coach
The one I'd be chasing is Lappin from Geelong who's looking after their ball movement. He's been with them since retiring so might see benefit to career of change and challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

deano35 wrote:

Clarkson - Senior Coach
Bolton - Forwards Coach
Power - Midfield Coach

Emma Murray- Mind Coach.

Why Bolton as forwards coach when the only thing everyone can agree he did well with us during his time here was defence?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Its only my opinion BUT yes Bolt's defence coach if Leppa isn't interested and I'd be happy for Lappin to take an assistant role also

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Soft cap surely makes that impossible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Scotty12000 wrote:
deano35 wrote:

Clarkson - Senior Coach
Bolton - Forwards Coach
Power - Midfield Coach

Emma Murray- Mind Coach.

Why Bolton as forwards coach when the only thing everyone can agree he did well with us during his time here was defence?

Probably more to do with him being focused on defence initially.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next