Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 80  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:44 pm 
Bruce Comben

Back to the topic of this thread- assistant coaches, what are your thoughts on Gavin Brown ( a pie man with 26 years service ) joining the Blues ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:46 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 am 
Stephen Silvagni

blueswoop wrote:
Back to the topic of this thread- assistant coaches, what are your thoughts on Gavin Brown ( a pie man with 26 years service ) joining the Blues ?

Its great, stuff Collingwood.

I hear he was a Carlton supporter growing up anyway.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:47 am 
Bruce Doull

TruBlueBrad wrote:
I hear he was a Carlton supporter growing up anyway.

I didn't know that.

It's acknowledged for all of Malthouse's faults that he is actually a pretty good coach, haha. So with any luck the addition of Brown will bring with it some new ideas that can be transferred to the whole playing list and not just to be used in his defensive line role.

On reflection I think the club has to be greatly applauded for the assistants it has brought to the club. There is a perception that our coaching staff are lacking in tactical acumen - there's no plan B on match day, it would seem. You would hope that Richardson and Brown (and Barker to a lesser extent) will be able to bring with them some fantastic input, learned from their previous clubs, to address our shortcomings in the coaches box.

A place in the top 4 next year is likely to be as open as it has been in recent years and 2011 could/should be a breakout year for us. Let's hope so, anyway. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:20 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Top post CB......and I agree (with fingers crossed)........... :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

camelboy wrote:
There is a perception that our coaching staff are lacking in tactical acumen - there's no plan B on match day, it would seem. You would hope that Richardson and Brown (and Barker to a lesser extent) will be able to bring with them some fantastic input, learned from their previous clubs, to address our shortcomings in the coaches box.

I am happy with the coaches we have secured for next season. On this plan b that everyone wants, it does not exist. If you have a plan B that means you don't have enough faith in plan A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

woof wrote:
camelboy wrote:
There is a perception that our coaching staff are lacking in tactical acumen - there's no plan B on match day, it would seem. You would hope that Richardson and Brown (and Barker to a lesser extent) will be able to bring with them some fantastic input, learned from their previous clubs, to address our shortcomings in the coaches box.

I am happy with the coaches we have secured for next season. On this plan b that everyone wants, it does not exist. If you have a plan B that means you don't have enough faith in plan A.

I think (or at least I hope) what people refer to when they say 'plan B' is another way of moving the football when in possession. That's easily coached into a team and once learned in the pre-season is just a matter of calling it on match-day. A good team knows how to beat the opposition when the match-ups are unfavourable to their dominant style of play.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:03 pm 
Robert Walls

Dominator_7 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Name one KPI that Kernahan has not improved
Membership - up
Crowd numbers up
Wins - up
Facilities - completed
Sponsorship - Full
TV - Audiences - UP

Whingers - UP

He made one of the toughest calls of any President by sacking the king of the kids - It was a minor set back

and those highly critical of him for his support of Elliott - Well you better add Pratt to that list

Membership was lower in 2010 then 2009
Matchday attendences were lower in 2010 then 2009
Wins down in 2010 then 2009

Sorry Dom, but I have to comment here:

The word you are looking for is "than" not "then". Sorry, but this has become so commonplace now it's starting to bug me....

Carry on! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

The word you are looking for is

This

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:42 am 
Craig Bradley

You should "of" said it sooner :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:10 am 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:
The word you are looking for is

This

THIS..... +1

QFT

Sorry, I should of been smarter then that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Article in today's Hun (sorry cant find the link), saying that Dean Laidley is likely to stay at Port next year. There's a quote from Laidly himself who says that he stpoke to Swann just after the GF, but hasnt heard anything since the appointment on Alan Richardson.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Someone posted on BigFooty that Martin Allison who has coached the Calder Cannons for the last two years is the favourite to coach the Bullants next year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Apparently the new coach of the Bullants will be announced today. An internal (Carlton) appointment as posted by ericpascoe on BigFooty.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

It's Darren Harris according to the ants facebook.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Darren Harris it is. Personally would have preferred David Dickson (Former Carlton, Preston and one of the best underage coaches)...but hopefully it can work. Harris knows the system, the players and how to develop...but it's a big task...David Teague couldn't handle it - but he didn't have Alan Richardson.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 pm 
formerly Fevola

Isnt Darren Harris already in our system ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm 
Garry Crane

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
Darren Harris it is. Personally would have preferred David Dickson (Former Carlton, Preston and one of the best underage coaches)...but hopefully it can work. Harris knows the system, the players and how to develop...but it's a big task...David Teague couldn't handle it - but he didn't have Alan Richardson.

Doc, does this mean we will be replacing Darren Harris current position as Developement Coach?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

So by my count last year we had 9 coaching staff (Ratts, Riley, Lappin, Monty, Harvey, Teague, Braddles, Capuano, Harris) and this year we have 8 (Ratts, Riley, Richo, Brown, Barker, Braddles, Capuano, Harris).

Were we overloaded with coaching personnel last year or are we cost cutting this year?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

Just Judd wrote:
Dr.SHERRIN wrote:

Doc, does this mean we will be replacing Darren Harris current position as Developement Coach?

Apparently not...

http://twitter.com/#!/Bullants_FC/statuses/29539209216

Quote:
Darren will remain in his current job at @Carlton_FC whilst taking on the Senior Coaching role. #AntsArmy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 80  Next