Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 80  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:33 am 
Craig Bradley

This sucks I am agreeing with Sydney Blue and he is a Neo-Con :sad:

L.M 35-06

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:49 am 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Name one KPI that Kernahan has not improved
Membership - up
Crowd numbers up
Wins - up
Facilities - completed
Sponsorship - Full
TV - Audiences - UP

Whingers - UP

He made one of the toughest calls of any President by sacking the king of the kids - It was a minor set back

and those highly critical of him for his support of Elliott - Well you better add Pratt to that list

Membership was lower in 2010 then 2009
Matchday attendences were lower in 2010 then 2009
Wins down in 2010 then 2009

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

ScottSaunders wrote:
every year a task has been set, and every year it has been achieved. i simply do not understand what more anyone could expect!!

Generally don't disagree with what is being said but from an on field perspective the goal this season past was to win a final. We did not achieve that.
I believe the goal this year is too get a home final but I am not sure Ratten said we had to win it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

Dominator_7 wrote:

Fev + Booze Cruise probably helped that

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:28 pm 
Wayne Johnston

ScottSaunders wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
those advocating more change are like what I said before looking for the magic wand to cure or ills

How much upheaval do you want - How much more can the club and its supporters tolerate before it all becomes to hard and everyone just walks away

since 2002 onwards there has been drama after drama in this footy club and what it needs most is not Dean Laidley or Sanderson - It needs a sustained period of stability - Heads down bums up get down and dirty for 5-10 years to come .

The same people who were not happy under Elliott and Brittain soon grew tired of Collins and Pagan lost patience with Smorgan - were put back in their place when Pratt arrived and now are crawling out from under the wood work making all the same noises they did 8-9 years - And yet they hide behind a computor screen and the Carlton One ticket or the unofficail selection committee

since taking over fully the reigns in 2008 only 6 teams have a better win/loss ratio than Carlton and this is coming off 3 spoons in 5 years - that to me puts Ratts in the top section of all the coaches floating around

and it would most likely have been higher if he hadn't lost His key forward and His second best midfielder

sydney blue, that type of rational thought, is not welcome here.

i suggest a self imposed ban before you do your own head in trying to convinced the unwashed masses of the very things you have stated there, which i agree completly with.

sometimes i wonder just what people expect!! i dont think the club, coach, or players, could be asked to achieve anything more than they have.

every year a task has been set, and every year it has been achieved. i simply do not understand what more anyone could expect!!

Agreed. Some people seem to prefer a good shitfight ahead of good honest hard work and teamwork.

Give the plans Pratt put in place a chance to work. Its not as though they haven't so far unless you are unrealistic and/or very impatient.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Problem this year was we won games early that we shouldn't have and lost games late that we should have won - Expectations were raised and came crashing down very quickly.

As a supporter it pisses you off and you want explanations but sometime shit happens .

When we were 7 and 4 I was quite excited and impressed had the worst run of anyone and came out looking like champs - Soon turned to chump pretty quickly and some of those losses really left and empty pit in you stomach .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
Problem this year was we won games early that we shouldn't have and lost games late that we should have won - Expectations were raised and came crashing down very quickly.

As a supporter it pisses you off and you want explanations but sometime shit happens .

When we were 7 and 4 I was quite excited and impressed had the worst run of anyone and came out looking like champs - Soon turned to chump pretty quickly and some of those losses really left and empty pit in you stomach .

it was a massive year of inconsistancy.

one week look like millionaires, the next like paupers.

but its to be expected. i have said it a 100 times, until the core of our group is around 23-27, rather than 21-24 like they are now, we will continue along this path, but every year, our consistency should get better and better.

love it or hate it, 2009 was always a transition year, as we adapted to life, post fevola, and IMO, we did better than many suggested we would.

next year, we need to hit top 6, if not top 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:49 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:

Opposition teams worked us out not long after the St.Kilda game and we had no answers which lead to a confidence drop and a poor return of results for the remainder of the year.
Let's hope our new additions to the coaches box have (a) the ability and (b) the opportunity to address the 'questions' our team is asked from week to week next year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 pm 
Robert Walls

camelboy wrote:
Oh noes, Judd will be 30 soon, the world will end ... elite mids never, ever, play beyond their 30th birthday. :razz:

I get the point, but if we get the ingredients right the rest should look after itself.

And if Judd stays fit there's no reason to expect he couldn't play until 33 and possibly beyond. By which time we'll be complaining that Murphy is 30 and Gibbs is not far behind.

:lol:

Thats EXACTLY IT......'if we get the ingredients right' All I'm saying cb is that some on this site are more concerned than others about getting the ingredients right. StK have had the ingredients almost right for the last two years and missed out cause of other issues. It's timimg, its luck its a shitload of things. Therefore taking a 'steady as she goes mentality' doesn't even guartantee you a place on the last Sat in Sept (see WB). The club IMHO has not been proactive enough in the area of coaching, asst. coaching and recruitment in the last 3 seasons. We have not added enough catalysts into the ingredients for my liking. Yes I'm happy with our asst. coaching pickups this year, but why couldn't we have been more aggressive from the start??? Ratts was a young coach. Why couldn't they realise at the end of '07 that he needed to surround himself with better asst coaches or a coaching mentor who worked for the club???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:07 pm 
Robert Walls

Dominator_7 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Name one KPI that Kernahan has not improved
Membership - up
Crowd numbers up
Wins - up
Facilities - completed
Sponsorship - Full
TV - Audiences - UP

Whingers - UP

He made one of the toughest calls of any President by sacking the king of the kids - It was a minor set back

and those highly critical of him for his support of Elliott - Well you better add Pratt to that list

Matchday attendences were lower in 2010 then 2009
Wins down in 2010 then 2009

average losing margin from 2009 -2010- UP

max. number of consec. wins - SAME

number of quarters won - DOWN

brownlow votes (even with Judd winning this year) - DOWN by 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:23 pm 
Horrie Clover

What does 'going around in circles' mean?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

dooky wrote:
What does 'going around in circles' mean?

you get dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Does anyone know what Adrian Hickmott is up to since he left Essendon* where he was a development coach?

He'd be a decent coach for the Bullants if available.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:

All I'm saying cb is that some on this site are more concerned than others about getting the ingredients right.
Ratts was a young coach. Why couldn't they realise at the end of '07 that he needed to surround himself with better asst coaches or a coaching mentor who worked for the club???

Point 1: Some are concerned differently to others - 'more' is like 'I'm a better supporter than you' stuff.

Point 2: Perhaps their thinking was - let him find his feet, test himself, gain confidence and understanding (without being surrounded by those who 'know more' have 'more experience' etc) while the team is young and still being rebuilt

now it may be - okay he's had a good go and the team is ready to go - lets build a stronger coaching group.

We really do not know - and in the end that's the problem with all the 'concern'. None of us know what the thinking was behind appointments and without that knowledge you only have faith or fear. When we lose fear dominates this site when we win its faith.

Your concerns are fine

as are everyone's

and so is the faith.

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:47 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Sin City wrote:
Does anyone know what Adrian Hickmott is up to since he left Essendon* where he was a development coach?

Why? Because Essendon* has developed well over the past few years?? Or, because he was once a Carlton player?

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

moshe25 wrote:
Sin City wrote:

Why? Because Essendon* has developed well over the past few years?? Or, because he was once a Carlton player?

Because he's a hard, determined character with experience as an AFL development coach in which he will have learnt a lot. He also coached the Bendigo Bombers in the VFL before a promotion to full time development coach and before that he coached Gippsland Power in the TAC Cup. He's also coached Shepparton and Rumbalara before joining Gippsland. Has worked as a Sport and Personal development officer with Melbourne Uni before as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Looking at some comments on BB I don't think Hicks would be missed there. Many of them lamented Richardson leaving by saying "Why couldn't they take Hickmott instead?". So obviously he didn't inspire much from them for what it's worth.

Still, hard to listen to those flower talk about one of our boys like that :(

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
Looking at some comments on BB I don't think Hicks would be missed there. Many of them lamented Richardson leaving by saying "Why couldn't they take Hickmott instead?". So obviously he didn't inspire much from them for what it's worth.

Still, hard to listen to those !@#$%& talk about one of our boys like that :(

I doubt most of them really know anything about the work he did at the club.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:45 pm 
Robert Walls

dannyboy wrote:
99prelim wrote:

All I'm saying cb is that some on this site are more concerned than others about getting the ingredients right.
Ratts was a young coach. Why couldn't they realise at the end of '07 that he needed to surround himself with better asst coaches or a coaching mentor who worked for the club???

Point 1: Some are concerned differently to others - 'more' is like 'I'm a better supporter than you' stuff.

Point 2: Perhaps their thinking was - let him find his feet, test himself, gain confidence and understanding (without being surrounded by those who 'know more' have 'more experience' etc) while the team is young and still being rebuilt

now it may be - okay he's had a good go and the team is ready to go - lets build a stronger coaching group.

We really do not know - and in the end that's the problem with all the 'concern'. None of us know what the thinking was behind appointments and without that knowledge you only have faith or fear. When we lose fear dominates this site when we win its faith.

Your concerns are fine

as are everyone's

and so is the faith.

Go Blues!

DB Your 'point 1' response is a silly generalisation. If I'm 'more' concerned than anyone else, it just a product of my perceptions about the club. It will be different to your perceptions or someone else's. Certainly doesn't make me think that either is a better supporter than the other

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

If I said 1 mother was 'more concerned' about her children than another mother or this teacher was more concerned about her students than another teacher or this footballer was more concerned about his game than another player- what's the implication behind the statements?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 80  Next