Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 80  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

I see he's actually out of Contract but linked with the Swans... shame, I hear very very good things about him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Wow, 3 gone already with possibly more to come (Riley?). I'm slightly surprised they are shaking things up so much, but hopefully that means the club has quality people lined up to replace them. Let's hope at lease one of them is an experienced Assistant from a successful club.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Teague made an Assistant (defence), and Wiggo moved into a Development role (possibly even VFL coach?).

FWIW - I've heard nothing but good things about Riley and I hope he ends up staying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

As much as i hate him.............Matty Lloyd as forwards coach

Also bring Chris Scott over and make him an assistant then he can take over the senior role at the end of next season !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by deano35 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
My understanding is that Riley is considered a good assistant? Am I wrong on that?
Quote:

Very good midfield coach...good bloke to have around the place, but after a change and has been shortlisted for the Eagles List Manager position which is taking an age to find a candidate.

With regard to Alan Richardson, he's still contracted as an assistant to Essendon* and is believed to be interested in staying at the club even if he doesn't land the head coach position.

Doc - what feedback have you been hearing about Harris? Capuano? Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FWIW, Robert Walls mentioned tonight that Simon Goodwin (or management) has put a 250k price tag on his head in regards to becoming an assistant and Carlton are keen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 pm 
Bob Chitty

Get:
Garry Lyon as Fwd Coach
Peter Dean as Def Coach
Nigel Lappin as Mid Coach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:40 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

Why SImon Goodwin? Please tell me the difference between Goodwin and Montgomery?
I want a process whereby we interview a pool of assistants and do this whole thing properly- Goodwin, Montgomery, OBree all shuffling deckchairs on the proverbial..
Who cares how long this takes- lets find the best by scouring the land for the best.. and for hats sake lets do it thoroughly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Josh Kaplan wrote:
and for hats sake

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:

Never hear much about Darren Harris, but Ratts and Riley think highly of his work. All the ruck boys think highly of Matty Capuano, and he's certainly added to our development program. Has done a lot with Levi Casboult too. Ability to be a 'go to' guy for the young players is a real bonus to have on the coaching staff when some of the young blokes might be a bit shy in approaching Ratts, Riley, Teague etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Who knows Josh. Wallsy probably has no more insight than someone on an Internet forum and may just be passing on a rumour started by his management to pump up his tyres.

Monty is the surprising one. Look, speculating on the performance of assistants is complete guess work but I thought someone who was considered for a senior job at Port, would be capable of at least still fulfilling an assistants role.

Only for inner-sanctum to judge though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:51 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Thanks to those coaches for their efforts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thanks all for your work.

But I think this was a good move from the Club.

Excited about who will come on board, but i'm guessing Wiggo will be given Harvey's role.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:03 pm 
Horrie Clover

blueboy8 wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
get rid of the hacks wrote:
Is Rielly officially gone too ?

Not mentioned, but you'd hope so....

Im hoping we bring in SOS and Laidley...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/h ... 5921162041

In the Heraldsun it says Reily is staying. And SOS is headed to GWS

I heard Reilly have already signed with GWS.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Never hear much about Darren Harris, but Ratts and Riley think highly of his work. All the ruck boys think highly of Matty Capuano, and he's certainly added to our development program. Has done a lot with Levi Casboult too. Ability to be a 'go to' guy for the young players is a real bonus to have on the coaching staff when some of the young blokes might be a bit shy in approaching Ratts, Riley, Teague etc.

I reckon you look to where improvement has come and where it hasn't and that is where we need to focus....Capuano has done a pretty good job given the improvement in Sammy Hammer and 206 during the course of the year....I reckon the midfield defense and forward is where we need to make changes in coaching personnel....

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

deano35 wrote:
As much as i hate him.............Matty Lloyd as forwards coach

I doubt he'd come - he has made little effort to disguise his hatred for Carlton, I actually don't have problem with that by the way, in fact I kinda respect it, but I really believe he just hates us too much to work for us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:06 pm 
Wayne Johnston

If we want our team to set up more defensively then those tactics seem to follow Viney and Tudor.

I would also like teague to get on the coaching panel. Has a touch of Paul Roos' about him as the players seem to really want to play for him. Gets results with the bullants.

Id say the powers at the blues have been searching high and low for replacements for a long time and id say they have some people in mind.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
That will make some around here happy

Farewell and good luck

Safe to assume they have been moved on for a reason....and I doubt that the reason is to appease....

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Peter Sherry wrote:
Thanks to those coaches for their efforts.

Agreed. And there's no hard feelings. Harvs got what he wanted out of it and now moves to the Saints and that's a great result for him. He was out of his depth surrounded by midfield coaches in the box (Ratts, Riley, Bradley) for a year and a bit...but this year from all reports worked particularly well with Riley in the development of the midfielders defensive accountabilities.

Monty's coaching methodology is fantastic. He's a great one-on-one coach and unfortunately couldn't get a few of the smaller defenders to take the next step. But his work with Jordan Russell has definitely paid dividends.

For Matty Lappin the assistant coaches job was an incentive to retire early. But it was a good decision as he'd previously been selected to go to Ireland as an assistant and can deliver his message fairly succinctly. As a player he worked extremely hard leading, doubling back and leading again. His work with Eddie Betts on use of space in the forward line cannot be discounted.

Having said that - line coaches messages can get stale and repetitive. While nice to have some continuity in the coaching ranks, fresh blood can often bring out the best in footballers who are stuck in a holding pattern.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wayne Carey to be forwards coach next year - Source current Carlton player.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

club29 wrote:
If we want our team to set up more defensively then those tactics seem to follow Viney and Tudor.

I would also like teague to get on the coaching panel. Has a touch of Paul Roos' about him as the players seem to really want to play for him. Gets results with the bullants.

Id say the powers at the blues have been searching high and low for replacements for a long time and id say they have some people in mind.

Hope ur right as this is where our main deficiencies are....Ratts needs to be given the best to work with....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 80  Next