Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Folks you’re dreaming.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

BlueJean wrote:
Folks you’re dreaming.

We'd have to win all 5. Reckon the Tigers will be 8th (will win 4/5) which is better than *Essendon*

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:16 am 
Banned

Can we make finals - Absolutely
Will we make finals - Time will tell

Boys just need to keep working and keep building on connection/cohesion. Putting speed on the ball will be important for us. Between 12th to 6th is about right for us at the moment.

Back six personell has been settled past few weeks and starting to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:51 am 
Harry Vallence

No purpose at all at this juncture, better to assess team personal future contribution and sustainability, get players on the park to resemble a stronger more competitive team, because at the pointy end of the business any of top 8 teams would just demoralize us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Can we make finals - Absolutely
Will we make finals - Time will tell

Boys just need to keep working and keep building on connection/cohesion. Putting speed on the ball will be important for us. Between 12th to 6th is about right for us at the moment.

Back six personell has been settled past few weeks and starting to show.

One week at a time.
Don't get too far ahead.
Go in 100%.
Look after your mates.
Run hard.
Don't watch. Defend and Pressure.

Starts again this week against NM.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:09 am 
Craig Bradley

killpies wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Folks you’re dreaming.

We'd have to win all 5. Reckon the Tigers will be 8th (will win 4/5) which is better than *Essendon**

I reckon the tigs will lose to Geelong by a bit and lose one of GWS, Freo in Perth or Hawthorn. Prior to beating Brisbane they'd lost 4 in a row. For once they have a mountain of injuries and now Dusty is out for the year. They are very vulnerable and gettable for just about anyone. If they win 3 and we win 4 we can get them on percentage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

At worse we need to win 4 out of our last 5 games.
We need all other games to be won by the higher ranked team and for Richmond or WC to drop one game they are expected to win.
So the answer is yes but we need to keep winning.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

bmaurizio wrote:
No purpose at all at this juncture, better to assess team personal future contribution and sustainability, get players on the park to resemble a stronger more competitive team, because at the pointy end of the business any of top 8 teams would just demoralize us.

Are you suggesting that making the finals would be bad for us because we'd be smashed? Maybe I've misunderstood. But if we did make finals it would be with some serious momentum and form, so I think other teams would be a bit worried about facing us. I think we should be all-in going for it, no disgrace if we miss out from a 4-9 start.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

I would prefer to keep winning but just miss out.
Our boys need to feel the pain that the Tigers felt when they kept missing the finals.
And the Demons more recently.
We need to really internalise the concept that we can't just switch it on when the pressure is off. We can't fluff around for the first half of the year and then allow our 'talent' to bring us home.
We need to be like the Cats, Swans, Hawks... think Joel Selwood who would rather have his eyes poked out with hot pincers than lose a coin toss! Walsh seems like that. But too many of us still play 5mins of good football and then think it will all just happen. When was the last time we won three games in a row? Let alone four or five??

I want to win; can't help wanting that. But I also don't want to give any of the players or the reviewers the opportunity to sugarcoat our deficiencies which I believe are mostly mental but also go into more structural, cultural things too. I want a hard nosed and thorough scrutiny whatever that entails.
I

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Who's to say we aren't better off getting a taste and having the disappointment of not going further?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:38 pm 
Banned

We are going to come close having our best side on the park by last round.

high morale and confidence does wonders for a team. Keep winning and the momentum could turn into a tsunami.

Last 5-6 games is where premiership teams focus on to build momentum leading into finals. Whatever happens will be good experience for the group.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
We are going to come close having our best side on the park by last round.

high morale and confidence does wonders for a team. Keep winning and the momentum could turn into a tsunami.

Last 5-6 games is where premiership teams focus on to build momentum leading into finals. Whatever happens will be good experience for the group.

Just give us the CUP now!

Its doable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

Let’s get over North first I just want us to turn up and beat them like we should nothing more or nothing less

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:32 pm 
Banned

Well Ive put $500 on the Blues to win the flag at $101

Throwing good money after bad? Who cares.... its the best odds I will ever see next 10 years with the ways things are shaping up.

Im happy to lose out on that bet...but to win it... I will be celebrating at Princes Park like nuts. So I am happy to take that punt for potential elation on all fronts.

(Not investment advice)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:

Throwing good money after bad? Who cares.... its the best odds I will ever see next 10 years with the ways things are shaping up.

Im happy to lose out on that bet...but to win it... I will be celebrating at Princes Park like nuts. So I am happy to take that punt for potential elation on all fronts.

(Not investment advice)

Stub please

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:04 pm 
Banned

GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:

(Not investment advice)

Stub please

Yeah and if it shows it's $5000 what you gonna say muppet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:

(Not investment advice)

Stub please

Well, I’d probably say that’s an incredible waste of cash.

So show it and stop @#$%&! beating your meat.

I’m not sure if you realise but there’s a long history in these spaces for many of us who’ve been around a long time (like 20 years) to be sceptical of blowhards who come in posting aggressively from day one and particularly those who turn up at particular times.

You rocked up in the week that Teague took over.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Teague, but he is accountable as every coach should be.

If you’re “just another poster” I apologise but your posting history suggests otherwise.

Have a great evening. :wink:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:42 am 
Rod Ashman

Walsh wrote:

(Not investment advice)

We would have to win the next 9 games. Bring it on!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:44 am 
Harry Vallence

GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:
GWS wrote:
Walsh wrote:

(Not investment advice)

Stub please

Well, I’d probably say that’s an incredible waste of cash.

So show it and stop @#$%&! beating your meat.

I’m not sure if you realise but there’s a long history in these spaces for many of us who’ve been around a long time (like 20 years) to be sceptical of blowhards who come in posting aggressively from day one and particularly those who turn up at particular times.

You rocked up in the week that Teague took over.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Teague, but he is accountable as every coach should be.

If you’re “just another poster” I apologise but your posting history suggests otherwise.

Have a great evening. :wink:

Haven't seen the word "plant" used around these parts since the heady days of 'Sakc Ratts' but I think we may have a bona fide Teague plant up in here...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:49 am 
Banned

Pffft..... throw away comments and passive aggressiveness is the norm around here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next