Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:20 am 
Robert Walls

malbi wrote:
99prelim wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Agree BV just getting there is an achievement but more importantly it would give our team a taste of finals experience but also a realisation that they are a different ball game

Just playing the devils advocate here...we make the 8 and don't embarrass ourselves in the first final but lose

Could it continue to paper over cracks and lull us into believing we are better than we are...possibly doing more damage next year??

Or...just like we want players to earn their spot in the side so they are hungrier, would just missing out on the 8 make us reflect on a season of "what might have been"??? and make us hungrier and more driven next year?

If just missing out was the tough medicine we need, I'd take that option every day of the week...just my opinion
I think we know where the cracks are.

We can either be a glass half full or a glass half empty. Will sneaking into the finals give them the belief to go further next year?

Will missing out tell them that they will never be good enough and give us further years of mediocrity? I think we've had a number of years of that already.

Most of the game is won between the ears.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Agree...and as a club, it is our achilles heel; being the hunted, playing to expectations, having the spotlight on us etc etc etc

Like I said, maybe just missing out on the 8 is the tonic for having a preseason of frustration about all the games we let slip by...and possibly/maybe/hopefully having a player driven commitment to significantly improve in 2022

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If we can make the 8 with all the injuries we have, it increases the Trade Value of the peripheral players.

Cerra looked really good yesterday. Not as good as Brayshaw, but Brayshaw isn't uncontracted, nor Victorian.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:08 am 
Craig Bradley

Brayshaw is Victorian.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stefchook wrote:
Brayshaw is Victorian.

Quote:
Brayshaw was born to Mark and Debra Brayshaw in Western Australia.[1] He was born into a sporting family with his grandfather, Ian, representing Western Australia in cricket and is a premiership player with Western Australian Football League club, Claremont.[2] His uncle James played first-class cricket for Western Australia and South Australia and his father played 32 matches for the North Melbourne Football Club.[1]

Brayshaw attended Haileybury College and played his junior football with the Hampton Rovers Football Club.[3] He was recognised as an elite talent at a young age when he received a scholarship with the Australian Institute of Sport through the AIS-AFL Academy as part of their level one squad in the 2012 intake.[4] In the same year, he was selected to play with Vic Metro in the under 16 championships and was awarded the most valuable player for Vic Metro.[5]
Wikipedia

I knew he was born in WA, and had family there, but didn't know he played for the Hampton Rovers, a team I played for (one year in U19's). Rovers home ground at David st was the biggest ground in the Southern Hemsiphere.

Thanks Stefchook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
Brayshaw is Victorian.

Quote:
Brayshaw was born to Mark and Debra Brayshaw in Western Australia.[1] He was born into a sporting family with his grandfather, Ian, representing Western Australia in cricket and is a premiership player with Western Australian Football League club, Claremont.[2] His uncle James played first-class cricket for Western Australia and South Australia and his father played 32 matches for the North Melbourne Football Club.[1]

Brayshaw attended Haileybury College and played his junior football with the Hampton Rovers Football Club.[3] He was recognised as an elite talent at a young age when he received a scholarship with the Australian Institute of Sport through the AIS-AFL Academy as part of their level one squad in the 2012 intake.[4] In the same year, he was selected to play with Vic Metro in the under 16 championships and was awarded the most valuable player for Vic Metro.[5]
Wikipedia

I knew he was born in WA, and had family there, but didn't know he played for the Hampton Rovers, a team I played for (one year in U19's). Rovers home ground at David st was the biggest ground in the Southern Hemsiphere.

Thanks Stefchook

Good old Hampton Rovers. Played against them a few times back in the day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

This aged well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

Believe it or not we can make it with 10 wins, but everything needs to go our way. I can't see us winning the two games required anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

Please don’t at this stage we won’t win another game and we don’t deserve to

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

malbi wrote:
Believe it or not we can make it with 10 wins, but everything needs to go our way. I can't see us winning the two games required anyway.

Just stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

[/thread]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Re-open this Thread in Round 16 in 2022 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:16 pm 
Banned

CFC8795 wrote:

Why then? We will be three games in front at top of ladder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Walsh wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:

Clarkson... super coach eh? :razz:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:53 pm 
Banned

Hornet wrote:
Walsh wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:

Clarkson... super coach eh? :razz:

I dont care providing Teague is treated fairly and we are on top of ladder with three games in hand!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Walsh after today no one will be here if Teague is coaching next year today signed the death knell on his coaching career the side continues not to turn up to games can’t win more than one game in a row and has a game plan that coaches of bottom sides pick apart
Thrr we players had multiple opportunities to show they are playing for him but they don’t
It’s over it isn’t necessarily fair on him but the sooner you get your head round it the better

I was hoping we would win 2out of the last 3 games ie against GC and Gws but no hope now
Losses against zNorth and Gc have sealed the deal
This team and coach are crushing the supporters spirit rusted on supporters are fed up and need new hope and a reset so they will buy memberships for 2022

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

I only have one question I would ask Teague. How is it every opposition (every) has so much room in forward line to lead into or run into or find loose players in, yet we seem to have every forward either manned up or double / triple teamed?

Actually 2 questions, why do we keep playing a loose man back when it doesn’t work for us? Surely if the opposition punch theirs back we can push ours up through the midfield?

Speaking of midfield, why don’t our boys use the runner on the outside?

Questions, questions, questions...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:37 pm 
Banned

frank dardew wrote:
Walsh after today no one will be here if Teague is coaching next year today signed the death knell on his coaching career the side continues not to turn up to games can’t win more than one game in a row and has a game plan that coaches of bottom sides pick apart
Thrr we players had multiple opportunities to show they are playing for him but they don’t
It’s over it isn’t necessarily fair on him but the sooner you get your head round it the better

I was hoping we would win 2out of the last 3 games ie against GC and Gws but no hope now
Losses against zNorth and Gc have sealed the deal
This team and coach are crushing the supporters spirit rusted on supporters are fed up and need new hope and a reset so they will buy memberships for 2022

As I have been saying its not the coach nor coaches. The list is not good and midfield is less than good.

We have a handful of excellent players but that's where it stops. Most of the players we think should be in 22 would be playing in the magoos for other clubs.

We need to rebuild the midfield and perhaps we will be getting the results we are after - we are getting smahed in the clearances week after week as players are not good enough and need better rotation options. I am sure the club if worth its salt would recognise that,

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

The coach and the players aren’t good enough and have fss aasilex us but of course they can’t get rid of all the players so who gets it in the neck the coach

After today surely you understand why the need for footy dept review .

Review probably will come to following conclusions given our underperformance this year

The coach should at least be able to get sides up for the contest -failed at that continually
Coach Should have a game plan that players understand and if players adhere to it should be able to effect more wins than losses -failed here

Over preseason a coaching group should be able to rectify the deficiencies of the team from previous season - failed here

Coach should ensure amongst others selection integrity -failed here

Coach should provide an environment in which various and different young players develop -failed here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16