Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

No

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pfft your love affair with the underperforming coach and subjective analysis is what people are griping about

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Pffft..... throw away comments and passive aggressiveness is the norm around here.

Says the bloke who calls everyone “softcocks” and whatever other insult he can find when he’s against the wall :roll:

Nothing throwaway or PA about it - your Teague love is endless and perplexing to almost all on here; your continual doubling and trebling down is both amusing and sad.

Teague plant.

Direct enough for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Any experienced , well qualified, hard nosed coach with appropriate support team , is urgent.
The David Teague selection at the time was a hasty decision , without due diligence , frankly just unqualified for the post. Nice bloke, liked by team, perhaps an excellent assistant coach but not main man.
The administration has to get cracking we need a new direction.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:12 pm 
Banned

Scotty12000 wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Pffft..... throw away comments and passive aggressiveness is the norm around here.

Says the bloke who calls everyone “softcocks” and whatever other insult he can find when he’s against the wall :roll:

Nothing throwaway or PA about it - your Teague love is endless and perplexing to almost all on here; your continual doubling and trebling down is both amusing and sad.

Teague plant.

Direct enough for you?

Yes thats better... nothing worse than a passive aggressive.

Mean what you say and say what you mean.

Teague is not the issue - he is a very capable head coach just like Brett Ratten before him except I believe Teague is better.

I bet this board was trying to hang Ratten out to dry in this way as well.... tells me alot about this forums collective character.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Get the feeling this thread & the hope it brought is the reason for all the in & post game gnashing of teeth. Realistically, we've still got port over there, & the saints always seem to get us as well. I wasn't overly confident about north & once Harry was out, pretty pessimistic.

The reality was Goldy gave absolute silver service to cunnington & co on the day, & our fwd line was just dysfunctional compared to the last qtr last week.

Was always going to be a big ask to make the 8 from 4-9.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

We would but we'd never have the want or motivation to maintain intensity for 4 more matches.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:16 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree CK we weren’t very good last week really and North have beaten us 5-6 times -our players are intimidated by Cunnington and Ziebell -mind you we are the only team that is -we regularly lose to the Aints as well and can’t beat GWS either the flat track bully Finlayson always kicks goals and Toby and Mummy terrify our little cup cakes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Agree CK we weren’t very good last week really and North have beaten us 5-6 times -our players are intimidated by Cunnington and Ziebell -mind you we are the only team that is -we regularly lose to the Aints as well and can’t beat GWS either the flat track bully Finlayson always kicks goals and Toby and Mummy terrify our little cup cakes

Hit nail on head.

We lack strength mentally and physically.

I remember one contest when Cunington just pushed Cripps out of the way to win the loose ball in the centre. Not even Cripps is intimidating to Cripps, let alone Carlton.

Most of our boys, as we all know, don't like it hard and tough.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mathematically yes but Carlton have been cursed by injury once again.

Quote:
The 17-player injury list could force Teague’s hand to finally turn to youth in the final month, with Carlton so far unveiling just one debutant (Luke Parks) in 2021 — the equal-fewest in the competition along with Melbourne and Gold Coast.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teagues-blues-labelled-disgraceful-as-they-take-another-huge-step-backwards/news-story/bdaa6080f6461ec14661abeea824cdbc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:43 am 
Wayne Johnston

They bother to mention we have equal lowest debutants but don’t say where our injury list if 17 players places us?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:09 am 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:

Teague is not the issue - he is a very capable head coach just like Brett Ratten before him except I believe Teague is better.

I bet this board was trying to hang Ratten out to dry in this way as well.... tells me alot about this forums collective character.

Walsh, most of us actually like Teague, don't want him sacked and even feel he can coach. Problem is, IMO he has failed in showing it.

He needs to set the standards within the playing group and he needs to make sure they are adhered too. He hasn't been able to bed down our team defense and we continuously show the same structured issues every second week.
Setups, structures, defensive efforts and forward entries. Players played out of position and even refused to play certain players, almost to the extent of being stubborn in his thinking. Some examples - Kennedy, O'Brien, Cottrell just been played, SpS in the backline ..... it's just one after another.
Yes, injuries have hurt us but sh1t mate - if he had shown one limitation (centre clearance work for instance) we could work with it, but he is failing on so many levels right now. I hope he can produce a lazarus in the last four weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:01 am 
Harry Vallence

Can’t foresee any miracles, Saints, Port & GWS all want finals time , will compete desperately & strongly to achieve it and lists are in good form.
Perhaps we may sneak in a win against the Suns but they won’t be push overs either.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:05 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Saad Fog and Williams also made their Carlton debut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Walsh, most of us actually like Teague, don't want him sacked and even feel he can coach. Problem is, IMO he has failed in showing it.

He needs to set the standards within the playing group and he needs to make sure they are adhered too. He hasn't been able to bed down our team defense and we continuously show the same structured issues every second week.
Setups, structures, defensive efforts and forward entries. Players played out of position and even refused to play certain players, almost to the extent of being stubborn in his thinking. Some examples - Kennedy, O'Brien, Cottrell just been played, SpS in the backline ..... it's just one after another.
Yes, injuries have hurt us but sh1t mate - if he had shown one limitation (centre clearance work for instance) we could work with it, but he is failing on so many levels right now. I hope he can produce a lazarus in the last four weeks.

Anyone who mentions LOB losses me straight away. I have been following his progress closely and he has shown no improvement. Is this development, coaching or more symptomatic of attitude which seems to pervade the whole Carlton side. A lack of willingness to do what it takes to get better and improve and be the best. It seems it all gets too hard for some players leaving it to too few.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
They bother to mention we have equal lowest debutants but don’t say where our injury list if 17 players places us?

To do so means the media would have to report all the facts and that wouldn't suit their agenda.

Should be a criminal offence to print half truths/ one side of the story, as if its truth, for public consumption.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

:clap:

I'd like to edit "every second week, to every week". We have lapses every week.

Had a thought that SPS may have been tried at HBF because he was never going to make it as a mid because of his inability to run defensively and stick a tackle. Nevertheless, he should have been developed in the reserves midfield. IMO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Anyone who mentions LOB losses me straight away. I have been following his progress closely and he has shown no improvement. Is this development, coaching or more symptomatic of attitude which seems to pervade the whole Carlton side. A lack of willingness to do what it takes to get better and improve and be the best. It seems it all gets too hard for some players leaving it to too few.

He wasn't a pick 10 other than through SOS' eyes.

Set to fail from day 1.
Was given ample opportunity. May have been too young.
But he hasn't shown that much in the Ressies tell me the keen ressies watchers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mathematically....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

Shoosh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next