Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:03 am 
Rod Ashman

I have to say if we are really thinking of winning a flag in the next few years it ain't going to happen if we think a full forward has to kick most of the goals.History tell us the bottom side have 1 guy who kicks the goals while the top sides have contributions.

I say if a player isn't 110% dedicated to winning,trade them or get them out. I would let Chris Judd have a major big say to cutting the list of 38. The players,he thinks isn't giving it their best shot and who is too much of a head case or never make it as a AFL player.

The players who performed poor today,should just concentrate on next week game and show 110% in training.They should be hurting and want to better their skills and look what they can do against the Swans.

I'm starting to think the club has to go backwards to step forward and may struggle for a little while until they don't rely on one bloke scoring the goals and do the offer to let Fevola go if he want's to go and get a first round and something.

I'm starting to think we can't be successful with him,pity because he sure can play when he really wants it.

He doesn't seem to be happy about something in my personal opinion. I wonder if he is holding a grudge because of the club when they disciplined him and now he holds the cards.

It was pretty awful last night seeing him being so friendly with the St Kilda guys at the end of the game while the other guys felt the loss. I think i was more upset in that then the lost. I guess he felt the loss later in the change room maybe.

Mark Maclure was correct in that article,his a true blue man. I remember how good he was and remember him having a blinder against ST Kilda when we thrashed them like nearly 200 points one day in 1984 or 1985.

Last edited by Rambo Stallone on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:08 am 
John James

All I have to say to this thread is.....................

Time for me to go to bed. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:06 am 
Rod Ashman

TianaCon wrote:

lol yeah maybe you can dream of us winning a flag while you sleep, but in reality in the short term it don't look like happening if players are being selfish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:15 am 
Rod Ashman

our forward line looked very mediocre last night.
may have had something to do with stkilda's flooding/double-maning fev.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:16 am 
John James

Rambo Stallone wrote:
TianaCon wrote:

lol yeah maybe you can dream of us winning a flag while you sleep, but in reality in the short term it don't look like happening if players are being selfish.

Which is it - short term or long term? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

We had no answer to their flood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Depends on your definition of a long time.....

Western civilisation is 3.000 years old...

The earth is many billions of years old....

3000 years in the context of many billions of years is not a long time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

TianaCon wrote:
Rambo Stallone wrote:
TianaCon wrote:

Which is it - short term or long term? :roll:
Short term if you get rid of the players who heart is not with the club,long term if you carry players who play for themselves and not the team.

Last edited by Rambo Stallone on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Depends on your definition of a long time.....

Western civilisation is 3.000 years old...

The earth is many billions of years old....

3000 years in the context of many billions of years is not a long time...

Probably your life time,not that it's very long when you think about it,40 or a bit more if you are like 30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:47 am 
Serge Silvagni

i reckon we'll get pick 5 or 6 & 23 or 24 something along these lines. the run home is too tough and we will drop more games than win.

i can handle that -- wouldn't mind trading 3rd round pick for a good negative inside player. crows have heaps of them....russell & 3rd round pick for someone like chris knights...high tackling player whose efficiency just doesnt go below 65%...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:14 am 
Stephen Kernahan

blue4 wrote:
i reckon we'll get pick 5 or 6 & 23 or 24 something along these lines. the run home is too tough and we will drop more games than win.

i can handle that -- wouldn't mind trading 3rd round pick for a good negative inside player. crows have heaps of them....russell & 3rd round pick for someone like chris knights...high tackling player whose efficiency just doesnt go below 65%...

Why would Adelaide want Russell? Just because he's a local? Surely if the residents here can identify his flaws, the Crows or Port can also?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 am 
Serge Silvagni

Rambo Stallone wrote:
Mark Maclure was correct in that article,his a true blue man. I remember how good he was and remember him having a blinder against ST Kilda when we thrashed them like nearly 200 points one day in 1984 or 1985.

You must have a phenomenal memory.
You were 6 years old in 1985. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:38 am 
Geoff Southby

I'm not sure what the hysteria is. Flowered sides look to their gun forward most of the time. As the team gets better, you'd expect more options to open up ie a CHF who is good for two goals a game, midfielders who are good for a goal a game. It would be panic stations if still Fev reliant in 2 or 3 years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:49 am 
Wayne Johnston

Add a fit Hartlett to our side will make a huge difference and change the dynamics of our forward line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:49 am 
Robert Walls

We wont win one until we develop a forward line. Simple as that

Did anyone watch the Bombers last night?? i do recall many of you on here absolutely paying out on that club bagging there list and now look at them. They are only one game behind us, with no star recruits and will end up finishing above us on the ladder

Why's this you ask?? they have a coach with experience, a coach with a vision and a coach who was not appointed because he can say 'yes'

They have young players who have been backed in, have the confidence to attack the game, players who know there role within the team and can contribute 100%

I hate to say this as they are my enemy. But they have a forward line to die for and some great talent coming up in Neagle and Gumbleton, throw in Jetta and Davey and thats a potent structure

We have plan A, B and C which is Juddy win it out of the middle and everyone kick it to Fev

and if that fails throw Jordan Russel at fullback, waitey forward, Eddie Betts in the middle, Setanta up forward, Grigg on a flank, Grigg half back why not just flip the team around and have jammo at full forward and fev full back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:54 am 
Harry Vallence

Melvey wrote:

Did anyone watch the Bombers last night?? i do recall many of you on here absolutely paying out on that club bagging there list and now look at them. They are only one game behind us, with no star recruits and will end up finishing above us on the ladder

Why's this you ask?? they have a coach with experience, a coach with a vision and a coach who was not appointed because he can say 'yes'

They have young players who have been backed in, have the confidence to attack the game, players who know there role within the team and can contribute 100%

I hate to say this as they are my enemy. But they have a forward line to die for and some great talent coming up in Neagle and Gumbleton, throw in Jetta and Davey and thats a potent structure

We have plan A, B and C which is Juddy win it out of the middle and everyone kick it to Fev

and if that fails throw Jordan Russel at fullback, waitey forward, Eddie Betts in the middle, Setanta up forward, Grigg on a flank, Grigg half back why not just flip the team around and have jammo at full forward and fev full back

Funny that ..... A guy with a bit of football knowledge (Nathan Buckley) on Game Day just said we need a class centre half back. Carton's game can be built around their developing mid-field and forward line isn't a major concern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:55 am 
Wayne Johnston

Melvey wrote:

Why is that? They have Llyold and Lucas in the key roles. Both Premiership players, both 60+ goals kickers, both 10 years players and finally both set to retire in the short term.

Neagle and Gumbleton aren't proven so thinking they will just step up and replace Llyold and Lucas feats is dreamland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:03 am 
Serge Silvagni

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
blue4 wrote:

Why would Adelaide want Russell? Just because he's a local? Surely if the residents here can identify his flaws, the Crows or Port can also?

i did add a 3rd round pick. not russell alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:06 am 
Ken Hunter

and they have a ruckman in Hille but hey lets leave out the facts that dispute the point :garthp:

we will be better when
a) Cloke is not our ruckman

b) our ruckmen are not our second avenue (and often matching hope EVERY week - especially a kid in his first year)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

mjonc wrote:
Add a fit Hartlett to our side will make a huge difference and change the dynamics of our forward line.

disagree with that, from what i've seen of hartlett in the carlton team, he hasn't shown any where near enough to say he'd make a huge difference and change the forward line.