Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:56 pm 
Horrie Clover

Just like to know when our team finally turns it all around and we are a powerhouse again. How will you react? Me well I'm gonna soak it up this time more than I did in all the past years. We probably took success for granted but now it will be different, probably a lot sweeter given from the depths we've come back from. There may be a hint of the arrogant swag there somewhere but a much greater appreciation of the sacrifices involved to be successful.

What about you guys?

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:17 pm 
Ken Hands

Like all good stories, the diversity and struggle that one has to face on the journey makes the rewards even sweeter.

Carlton of old has died and the rebirth of the blues will create an uber club that my grandchildren will be proud of. I will be soaking up the glory from the other side of the world... Who knows it may even be enough to get me back to Oz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Buy my 9 year old all the chips, drinks, jumpers and footys that he wants..

here's a clue, he's been coming to (just about) every game with me since he was 3!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:18 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I'm going to walk out of every game, pull out the video camera and watch the opposition supporters faces as I sing the Wheels on the Bus go round and round .......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mine involves a giant granite sculpture of a clenched fist with and extended middle finger - I'm thinking around 12 to 15 foot high.

There will be a strategically placed Carlton Football Club emblem on it.

This will be installed on the footpath outside 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands - in full view of the AFL Boardroom and "The Spew's" office.

Then I will make a few dozen scale models of these and send them to the people on my list.

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

its going to be so very sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:38 pm 
Bert Deacon

I have put up with so much crap these past few years although now it's gone a bit quiet as I think they just feel sorry for me. I miss being able to gloat and dish it out. I am going to bring back the arrogant, obnoxious Calrton supporter in spades. Nobody is going to avoid the taunting and teasing and general abuse I am going to hand out. After what I've put up with they will have created a monster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:46 pm 
Horrie Clover

AGRO wrote:
Mine involves a giant granite sculpture of a clenched fist with and extended middle finger - I'm thinking around 12 to 15 foot high.

There will be a strategically placed Carlton Football Club emblem on it.

This will be installed on the footpath outside 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands - in full view of the AFL Boardroom and "The Spew's" office.

Then I will make a few dozen scale models of these and send them to the people on my list.

:lol: good to see you won't be overracting and keeping a lid on things.

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:46 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

I'm gonna give it to all the smug, patronising Crows supporters over here who have been giving it to us for the last few years! My kids will also get to see a powerful Carlton side at last and appreciate why interstate blues supporters like us need to be as passionate as we are...the wheel is turning!! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You mean it is going to turn around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Humble at first, then gradually arrogant. Got a few Filth and Bummers mates to pay out on.....big time. Will enjoy not having to tell my 11yo daughter that "we'll be ok one day...we've got a lot of good kids" :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

I am gonna just sit back, smile and enjoy!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:00 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

Will no doubt go broke buying Name A Game DVDs, only to have my cousin steal them right out from under me!

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'm going to be the most ARROGANT PRICK OF ALL TIME and stick it up all those Saints fans who have missed their "window".

Flower em all, Pies fans can continue worshipping mediocrity, Bummers go multiply.DA DADA DA DA.

DEMETRIOU.......GET FLOWERED!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

I can't wait to look for a pick 16 rather than a pick 1-3. :shock: :shock:

Regards Cazzesman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I hope they show they footy in my nursing home. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

townsy wrote:
I have put up with so much crap these past few years although now it's gone a bit quiet as I think they just feel sorry for me. I miss being able to gloat and dish it out. I am going to bring back the arrogant, obnoxious Calrton supporter in spades. Nobody is going to avoid the taunting and teasing and general abuse I am going to hand out. After what I've put up with they will have created a monster.

Bloody oath!

If they thought Carlton supporters were arrogant before, wait til they see me when we're back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
I can't wait to look for a pick 16 rather than a pick 1-3. :shock: :shock:

Regards Cazzesman

This time around we will use the trade period a whole lot better. :wink:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:33 am 
formerly p(12)terg

I will be a proud bearer of a Carlton guernsey more often! When the boys win, I wear my guernsey to work. Pity that it has started a trend with the Swines and Weagles supporters at work (but I haven't seen anything from the Aints supporter yet 8) )

I will well and truly revel in it, especially with aforementioned Swines and Weagles supporters!!

I will also enjoy my footy more often - the feeling after we won those few games earlier this year will grow more and more .. I might even turn into aforementioned arrogant flower (well, become more arrogant when it comes to my footy!)

I can't wait to attend my first Grand Final / win!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

p(12)terg wrote:
I can't wait to attend my first Grand Final / win!!!

Having attended 6, I can tell you they aren't too bad. :wink:

Winston Churchill