Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Dominator_7 wrote:
I wont know how to react.. I've almost forgotten how it feels to win ganes regularly.. It'll be great to get the expectations of losing weekly out of my system.
Cant wait to give it to opposition supporters who've dumped crap on us over the last 5 years!!

Don't forget WE'VE dumped heaps of crap too !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Dominator_7 wrote:
I wont know how to react.. I've almost forgotten how it feels to win ganes regularly.. It'll be great to get the expectations of losing weekly out of my system.
Cant wait to give it to opposition supporters who've dumped crap on us over the last 5 years!!

..forgotton how to react..?.. ..think a comfy couch in front of a big widescreen tv, many victories on dvd and some vasoline..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:14 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

about fu%^%ing time it has been a long hard 5 years a s a blues fan.
Then to find some arrogance :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:21 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

We've inherited arrogance....it's our right to have it !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:29 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

When Wayne Johnston unleashed his running torpedoes from 60 yards out and turned immediately to run back to the centre with his arms and fists raised as he knew it was a goal as soon as he kicked it.....now.....THAT'S arrogance............................and CLASS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

Now that we have the new young coach, when the war starts, that will be a sign that Carlton is in a premiership year.

For me, Carlton's return to power will be so sweet - made all the sweeter by our years of suffering, but it will also be a welcome distraction from the events going on around us at the time.

Bryce Gibbs will have an incredibly good season when Carlton wins the future flag Ive often spoken of.

Now this is a long shot, but Ive always felt that the side that we defeat in the grand final of that year will be St Kilda - who will be on their very very last open centimetre of their rapidly closing premiership window.

The Saints in that year are a top 4, maybe top 2 side, and we are about 6th or 7th. The thing that allows the Saints to do well at that time is that they have very few injured players.

We only end up in that position because of a reasonably good percentage, which comes about by a very good second half of the season.

It is an amazingly close season, with maybe 4 or 5 positions in the final 8 decided on the basis of percentage.

However, the Saints end up as flag favourites, and everyone wants them to win - but I think we defeat them in a Grand Final by between 10 and 15 points.

I saw a TV shot of a game - quite possibly the GF - showing Denis Pagan - who looked to be a quietly satisfied man - for he had a hand in many of the building blocks of this triumph, but all the glory goes to Brett Ratten - who has propelled himself into the elite coaches category because of his performance with Carlton.

But there is a great deal of anger about the apparent unjust nature of an audacious premiership win like this by Carlton, but we beat them fair and square and deserve our victory.

Most of the badmouthing towards Carlton is the result of jealousy - but as they say, winners are grinners - and losers can please themselves.

Following their defeat, St Kilda has to re load, while our era of being a football power has only just begun.

The Saints are devastated, but the harsh reality is that they must now rebuild again.

Last edited by blueman on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:47 pm 
Horrie Clover

blueman wrote:
Now that we have the new young coach, when the war starts, that will be a sign that Carlton is in a premiership year.

For me, Carlton's return to power will be so sweet - made all the sweeter by our years of suffering, but it will also be a welcome distraction from the events going on around us at the time.

This is a long shot, but Ive always felt that the side that we defeat in the grand final of that year will I believe be St Kilda - who will be on their very very last open centimetre of their rapidly closing premiership window.

The Saints in that year are a top 4, maybe top 2 side, and we are about 6th or 7th. The thing that allows the Saints to do well at that time is that they have very few injured players.

We only end up in that position because of a reasonably good percentage, which comes about by a very good second half of the season.

The Saints are flag favourites, and everyone wants them to win - but I think we defeat them by between 10 and 15 points.

I saw a TV shot of a game - quite possibly the GF - showing Denis Pagan - who looked to be a quietly satisfied man - for he had a hand in many of the building blocks of this triumph, but all the glory goes to Brett Ratten - who has propelled himself into the elite coaches category because of his performance with Carlton.

But there is a great deal of anger about the apparent unjust nature of an audacious premiership win like this by Carlton, but we beat them fair and square and deserve our victory.

Then St Kilda has to re load, while our era of being a football power has just begun.

The Saints are devastated, but the harsh reality is that they must now rebuild again.

Isn't foresight a beautiful thing... :-D

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'll be wiping my arse with a picture of Wayne Carey

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote

Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne Carey's not good enough for that. :roll:

Yo're being pretty rough on yourself ther young Donstuie. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:34 am 
Garry Crane

thedominator wrote:
Warby wrote:
chyna wrote:
Without reading all the comments on this thread apart from the first page, I would have to say (facetiously) that is so good to see that the past 6 years has really taught the average Carlton supporter a bit of humility!

Sickening bile!

What 6 years?........................ 8)

:-D :-D :-D

2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007.

Let me see..

1...2... 3... yeah.. ok.. so far so good.. 4.. umm... . 5... shit.. this counting thing is getting hard... ...what comes next.. shit.. where is that bloody abacas. .... umm.. there it is.... yeah.. that goes over there.. and that thing falls over the top... aahhh.. 6!! yeah.. 1-2-3-4-5-6.\

Do some of you ppl actually forget who took us to our first ever spoon. Here's a hint. It wasn't @#$%&! Denis Pagan!!

Zig and Zag and Bozo have been joined by Krusty and the rest of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Big Kahuna Boot wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:

..forgotton how to react..?.. ..think a comfy couch in front of a big widescreen tv, many victories on dvd and some vasoline..

Aah the vasoline. It's great. I use it too. I put it on the doorknob so it's slippery and the wife can't come in and change the channel off the footy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:38 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I didn't know you put Vaseline on your knob......I learn something everyday....... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote

Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne Carey's not good enough for that. :roll:

Yo're being pretty rough on yourself ther young Donstuie. :shock:

Good point. Who knows what I'd catch :shock:

#GUILTY