Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next

To tank or not to tank???
YES - lets get picks 1 and 2 this year and be a force for the next 10 seasons 42%  42%  [ 77 ]
NO - we will be right with what we've got 58%  58%  [ 106 ]
Total votes : 183
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:57 am 
John Nicholls

GAVROMAN wrote:
BUMP!!!

They key for us will be the game against Melbourne in 2 weeks. Lose that games, and i'm confident we will give up on the season, blood the young kids and enjoy picks 1 & 3 in the draft.

That way, we get to improve our ruck (Kreuzer) and midfield (Cotchin) stocks.

I dont know why this is so hard for some of u to understand.

The Melbourne game is my one game this year so I hope we have a strong performance. Bugger the picks, I am being selfish, I want a win and I want to sing the song!
Go Blues!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:11 pm 
Trevor Keogh

GAVROMAN wrote:
BUMP!!!

They key for us will be the game against Melbourne in 2 weeks. Lose that games, and i'm confident we will give up on the season, blood the young kids and enjoy picks 1 & 3 in the draft.

That way, we get to improve our ruck (Kreuzer) and midfield (Cotchin) stocks.

I dont know why this is so hard for some of u to understand.

GAV, I understand what you are saying "short term pain for a longer period of success"

I think season 2007 isn’t about winning games but developing our players (so far I think Pagan and the coaching staff have failed). I would rather see Bower; Edwards develop, than see Saddington and Bannister running around knowing that they won’t be part of our future!

What’s different about this season is that we have the ability to get pick 1 without finishing last on the ladder...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:30 pm 
Horrie Clover

The game against Melbourne this week is the key.

If we lose this game, we WILL get the PP.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

08/02/1981 - GATE 7...Our brothers will never be forgotten!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jeez kruezer looked very very good today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Lets see what Ratts is made of. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

GAVROMAN wrote:
The game against Melbourne this week is the key.

If we lose this game, we WILL get the PP.

We play Melbourne in round 22 as well. If we're still on 4 wins then I think you can expect a textbook lie down from the Dees. That game will be ugly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I can see four matches which could prevent us from obtaining Kreuser AND a gun mid in this years draft. These draftees along with a new coach and improved facilities would almost ensure a period of sustained success in the period 2009 onwards. Both Walker and Kennedy have been signed up so there won't be any issues with losing any of our quality youngsters to another club at the end of the year.

The matches of greatest concern are:

R14 Melbourne - MCG: Dees should win this game. Walker hopefully not playing and they might relish the fresh approach of a new coach. In addition they are a better side at the moment.

R16 Brisbane - Gabba: Lions have a similar amount of talent to us however the home ground advantage will hopefully get them over the line.

R21 Kangaroos - MCG: If we were still on four wins at this stage you'd think the MC would have the sense to tank. Kangas hopefully will be gunning for finals and have plenty to play for.

R22 Melbourne - MCG: See R21 above regarding tanking. One problem might be if Melbourne were level or below us at this stage and decide to tank as well. I'm hopefull that this wouldn't occur as they don't have the same incentive regarding the Priority Pick. For the rest of this season we all should be cheering on Melbourne so they don't end up in this situation i.e. they win >4 games before round 22. I'm very disappointed with their loss to Essendon* last night!

For those sentimental types who like to win meaningless games just remember that there are only 9 games until the end of the season. If we obtained the PP this year this could effectively erase all the negative memories/feelings we've had regarding the Black Friday draft sanctions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

But there are people here who want a new coach for just nine games, so then we can win another 3 or 4 games, and get pick 5 and get a new coach in 2008 instead of getting picks 1 and 3 and getting a new coach in 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:49 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Now.....this is getting pretty tricky, but where do we all think this thread belongs???

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It's a tanking thread brad. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Its a common sense thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

talkingshit?

talkingflower?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:08 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

And the Gold Star for this week goes tooooooooo...JARUSA!

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

bah

i reckon i was closer

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:14 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

grrofunger wrote:
bah

i reckon i was closer

:)

Kreuser would look nice in Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Jarusa wrote:
But there are people here who want a new coach for just nine games, so then we can win another 3 or 4 games, and get pick 5 and get a new coach in 2008 instead of getting picks 1 and 3 and getting a new coach in 2008.

who's saying win a few games? i just wanna see the back of Pagan so as hopefully we can get within 5 goals of a side between now and then and hopefully see a few kids get some game time and given a chance to do something exciting instead of spending the afternoon rotting in the back pocket on a wifebeater...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

showbag wrote:
Jarusa wrote:

who's saying win a few games? i just wanna see the back of Pagan so as hopefully we can get within 5 goals of a side between now and then and hopefully see a few kids get some game time and given a chance to do something exciting instead of spending the afternoon rotting in the back pocket on a wifebeater...

I don't want to get involved in another smacking thread. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:12 am 
Rod Ashman

Jarusa wrote:
showbag wrote:
Jarusa wrote:

I don't want to get involved in another smacking thread. :wink:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:54 am 
formerly Moaty

This thread is a total waste of time.

Anyone who thinks that we have tanked in the past is dreaming.

We have never had to tank as we have had the worst list in the comp for 4-5 years.

Add to that our troubles i.e board level, coaching etc and we have been well and truely up against it.

Our recruiting has been near pathetic and this is why we are where we are today.

Now other clubs, well thats a different matter. It has been obvious that some clubs have dropped off in order to reinforce (improve) their picks in the draft.

Sadly they have mostly chosen well and have out recruited us....by a proverbial mile.

People on this site repeatedly make excuses for our poor performing recruits when frankly many of them have not been up to it.

Rarely does anyone have a day out in the VFL where I can say " bloody hell this blokes going to be something special". Mean while other clubs slip blokes in there firsts line ups that hit the ground running.

Now don't go on about injuries, poor coaching techniques, and lack of experienced supporting players etc, if a young bloke has something he'll show it here and there. The stuff that makes you sit up and take note....we are lacking.

Hopefully Dick can sort this out for the future.

If we did tank the only difference would show in our percentage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:06 am 
Bruce Doull

Lets win one more..... for that 'winning culture'...
Get Kreuzer or Cotchin plus another kid in the top 4 .. and its going to help isnt it???

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next