Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Seems clubs are already heavily chasing Fevola, who comes out of contract at the end of the year.
He's on about $230,000 but clubs are ready to throw up to $500,000 at him.
Negotiations have started but Fevola said on radio: ``I don't think we're at anywhere ... we'll wait and see. I'll just wait until I've played some good footy.''
Whitnall and Camporeale also come out of contract at the end of the year.
Lance on over $500,000; Campo on $600,000 and Fev on $230,000 ... work that one out. Oh, and Kouta's quiet mil.

Thanks Jack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So we can pay Fev what he's worth from the money we will save on the reduced contracts for Kouta, Campo & Whits.

What's the problem?

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:08 pm 
Bob Chitty

I would find it very hard to see Fev leaving now that Denis has signed up for a further three....I'd expect Fev to do the same thing...

Still to early to speculate though...If he throws tanties every game this year and does jack (which i hope he doesnt), then I wouldn't be suprised if we traded him...Put it this way...The only way Fev will leave, i feel, is if we trade him, not him wanting to go...Good clubs always find a way to keep their star players..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:19 pm 
Robert Walls

I wouldnt sign him until after the season - allows us to trade him if necessary (at a significant premium) whereas signing him now would kill that option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:55 pm 
Horrie Clover

Even though he hasn't quite reached his full potential he is already one of the top full forwards in the comp..be silly not to sign him as soon as possible...and pay him 500,000 if thats the going rate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:19 pm 
Trevor Keogh

the pies could finish bottom 4 this year Buckley could retire, Fev puts a big price tag on his head and gets more money for his appearance on the footy show. He loves Eddie Mcguire he and his partner have had dinner with Eddie and his wife.
If Fev holds the club to ransom i will personaly sh!t in his mouth. He is not worth more than 300k to 320k a year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lets wait to see what sort of season he has. Collins will pay Fev a fair price and he will stay at Carlton. He wants to develop as a leader not a mercenary. Look at Lappin , he stayed despite Richmond offering him a lot of cash. Did he make a mistake? No. There are more important things than the salary to offer a player. With Pagan at the helm, we can offer something that most clubs cant, including Collingwood.
If the club wants to end this I expect a mid season re-signing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:40 pm 
Trevor Keogh

ballistic blues wrote:
the pies could finish bottom 4 this year Buckley could retire, Fev puts a big price tag on his head and gets more money for his appearance on the footy show. He loves Eddie Mcguire he and his partner have had dinner with Eddie and his wife.
If Fev holds the club to ransom i will personaly sh!t in his mouth. He is not worth more than 300k to 320k a year

i understand what you're saying ballistic blues, but i believe fev would NOT prosper at collingwould under the coaching of archimedes-malthouse (malthouse ... good name for a theatre in south melb).

i know fev was immature at the time, but the keep possession at all costs game which brittain used did NOT suit fev IMHO.

fev has to understand that he needs to be part of a team which tries to move the ball into the forward line as quickly as possible .... ie Carlton!!

fev knows that he owes pagan, so as long as we don't offer him some ridiculously low amount i'm sure he'll stay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:33 pm 
Horrie Clover

We'll never know how much money he signs for anyway....it's all speculation on our part..

He's also one of the best known faces at our club with Kouta and Denis Pagan.... he promotes Carlton in a very positive way on 'The Footy Show' and the media love him...these things are worth many, many thousands of dollars to the club in encouraging sponsors and memberships..so he's worth the big pay packet ..in my view.

I'ld love to say that he would never leave but the reality is that money talks these days ( it's happened to us before ) so sign him up as soon as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'd offer lance and campo $300,000 and Fev $350 to 400K nothing more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Richmond's the worry

they'll finish near the bottom....... he used to barrack for them.......

they're a bit skint, though. Hawthorn as well, perhaps.

Let the Footyshow pick up some of his wage, and as BC says, $350-$400 p/a to play under Denis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:43 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Tyrant, not sure where you heard that Fev was a Richmond supporter. I read somewhere that he was a St Kilda fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

As long as that scum sucking turd David Allison is not his manager we dont have anything to worry about. :wink:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Fevola has gone on record time and time again at how much he loves this club and at how well they have treated him. Look at what type of player he has become under Dennis (although i fully believe he was wasted with that dick of a coach brittan).

Fevola ain't going nowhere. He'll get more cashola! And deservedly so too, but he'll be at Carlton next year and beyond. I see him as a one-club-player.

In actual fact, i'm looking forward to hearing the offers, i know that West Coast Fans LOVE him. So do Adelaide, Hawthorn & the Bulldogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:40 pm 
John Nicholls

I'd wait until the season is over before Lance's contract is re-newed.
I'd be looking at offering him 300k.
Same offer for Campo. He won't change his game much in the next 2-3 years.
Kouta should get somewhere in the vicinity of 250-300K.

Fev should get 350K.

He won't leave.
After the faith Pagan has shown in him the past 3 years, it'd look bad if he left.
I think Pagan's signing will have a big influence on his decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:53 am 
Ken Hunter

phoenix johnson wrote:
I think Pagan's signing will have a big influence on his decision.

Your on to something here. Signing up Pagan would definately encourage others to re-consider moving elsewhere.

Fevola for Judd anyone :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:00 am 
Rod Ashman

IMO sign him as quick as u can so he can keep his head on footy and footy only. We dont want teams talking to him mid-seasons and trying to hook things up as this could put him a lil off track.
Lance, wait till the end of the year and see where they r at. This way Lance will really have work for his cash and give all the "Lets trade Lance" ppl something to chew on.
Campo when they sign him they sign him, now or later not to fussed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:37 am 
Harry Vallence

Fevola - nothing but Blue. Will.Not.Move.
Campo - one team man - will finish at the Blues.
Lance - he's the question mark. keep him for the right price. I think his blue Bagger connections will keep him here.

and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:45 am 
Bruce Doull

Why would Kouta take $300k when he has another season left on his contract after this one?
Campo wont be signed up till after the season.. he will be given a contract and at age 30 will have to test the water elsewhere.Wont get what he hopes so will have to accept being a one club player...
Whitnall will be given a take it or leave it offer IMO.

Big things are being planned..for next year.
No Corey contract.
No Beauie contract.
No Mott contract.
No Harf contract
Whitnall and Campo will not get anywhere near what theyre getting currently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:08 am 
Horrie Clover

I would expect this summer to be one where we go after a lot of big names, land one or two & drive up the prices for all the other clubs hoping to retain the rest of them.