Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Can you peanuts take your personal vendetta's to a place where they're wanted. Every flowering time I jump on this fan forum after a game to read opinions there's a personal argument going back and forth and ruining the experience. If its not the pre or post game thread it's a player thread, or the presidents thread, or a recruitment thread. Take your shit personal crap and F$&k off!

.....needed to get that off my chest

I thought we had a good gutsy win tonight and despite the scoring shot differential (-5) and a 10 min patch to end the 3rd, I thought we controlled the game and deserved the chocolates. Pressure was almost there for 4 quarters tonight. Docherty improving and adds a touch of class. Menzel will star with a bit more consistency. Perhaps the 17 odd boys that had short preseasons are starting to find some fitness. 4 out of 5 with a couple of gritty wins. Looking forward to my first trip to the GABBA next week.
Go blues

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Well said Diesel

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:01 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Sugarcane wrote:
Does the captain have to be the best player?

Simpson plays like a captain
Courage personified
And doesn't get tagged out of it so maybe they'd have been better with him skipper
Hindsight is a comfort though I know

I am getting behind Murphy. We all should. Help build an aura that will help the team in coming years.

He is an attacking player who got tagged out of it in the second half. Decent first half though. Didnt stop running both ways and i doubt anyone on the ground clocked up as many Kms as he did. Freed up Gibbs and Simpson.
Thomas was better this week but noticed him still running out of puff. Finally got one through the big sticks.

Dangerfield was guttsy and his aura almost got them over the line but his stats not much different to Murphy. Only 1 tackle too and that was a pretty meaningless soft tackle out on the wing.

Go Blues! Good win.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

club29 wrote:
Sugarcane wrote:
Does the captain have to be the best player?

Simpson plays like a captain
Courage personified
And doesn't get tagged out of it so maybe they'd have been better with him skipper
Hindsight is a comfort though I know

I am getting behind Murphy. We all should. Help build an aura that will help the team in coming years.

He is an attacking player who got tagged out of it in the second half. Decent first half though. Didnt stop running both ways and i doubt anyone on the ground clocked up as many Kms as he did. Freed up Gibbs and Simpson.
Thomas was better this week but noticed him still running out of puff. Finally got one through the big sticks.

Dangerfield was guttsy and his aura almost got them over the line but his stats not much different to Murphy. Only 1 tackle too and that was a pretty meaningless soft tackle out on the wing.

Go Blues! Good win.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluehammer wrote:
Anyway.

The way Simpson went back and slotted that goal was pure leadership.

Yep. What an absolute superstar.

Bit of Kenny H about him :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

good call diesel

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Just home, jumped straight into this thread. Can't believe we lost.

How much did we lose by.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:08 pm 
Robert Walls

:thumbsup: :thanks:
diesel_85 wrote:
Can you peanuts take your personal vendetta's to a place where they're wanted. Every flowering time I jump on this fan forum after a game to read opinions there's a personal argument going back and forth and ruining the experience. If its not the pre or post game thread it's a player thread, or the presidents thread, or a recruitment thread. Take your shit personal crap and F$&k off!

I thought we had a good gutsy win tonight and despite the scoring shot differential (-5) and a 10 min patch to end the 3rd, I thought we controlled the game and deserved the chocolates. Pressure was almost there for 4 quarters tonight. Docherty improving and adds a touch of class. Menzel will star with a bit more consistency. Perhaps the 17 odd boys that had short preseasons are starting to find some fitness. 4 out of 5 with a couple of gritty wins. Looking forward to my first trip to the GABBA next week.
Go blues

:thumbsup: :thanks:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:09 pm 
Robert Walls

diesel_85 wrote:

Go blues

Great post Diesel!

We are definitely improving in some areas. Most importantly is the consistency of effort and hunger for the contest.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:13 pm 
Bert Deacon

Mil Hanna wrote:
diesel_85 wrote:

Go blues

Great post Diesel!

We are definitely improving in some areas. Most importantly is the consistency of effort and hunger for the contest.

Alleluia! Well said! Keogh, please take note- a win is a win is a win.... :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:18 pm 
Bob Chitty

well said diesel, some real flower here, thats why i dont bother much.

ofcourse we can all look at the negatives cos that was a terrible loss,. cant believe we were 20 up and got steamrolled in last quarter to lose. we are soft as butter and keep losing close games . we are rubbish for sure, no determination. pack of weak asses .

buckley, docerty, menzal, who drafted these guys? are they blind, why do they get games ? they are soooooooo bad.

simpson was rubbish tonight,. not to be seen, where was he when we needed him? where was thomas in the last quarter when we needed someone to stand up and kick a goal.

wooden spoons for he next 4 years

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The backline were solid against the Adelaide talls as well.

Another good game by Rowe, White and Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Springsteen wrote:
well said diesel, some real flower here, thats why i dont bother much.

ofcourse we can all look at the negatives cos that was a terrible loss,. cant believe we were 20 up and got steamrolled in last quarter to lose. we are soft as butter and keep losing close games . we are rubbish for sure, no determination. pack of weak asses .

buckley, docerty, menzal, who drafted these guys? are they blind, why do they get games ? they are soooooooo bad.

simpson was rubbish tonight,. not to be seen, where was he when we needed him? where was thomas in the last quarter when we needed someone to stand up and kick a goal.

wooden spoons for he next 4 years

Sack mm, bring back rotten.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm 
formerly cj69

diesel_85 wrote:

Go blues

Well said and totally agree. Too many good posters have left because of people's personal agendas.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Malthouse: "We had to play players early in the season who were underdone, which left us vulnerable." #AFLBluesCrows
Malthouse: "We did have a lot of players coming off surgery. It's difficult to master intensity without a pre-season. We're building."
Malthouse: "Dennis Armfield did a pretty good job on Dangerfield." #AFLBluesCrows
Malthouse: "I'm just happy to get a win over a very good football side." #AFLBluesCrows

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Nice one... You remember buy you don't remember
Sums you up
I said big tackles

I remember about 3 tackles in all the years I've been watching football.

Wallis tackle, the one where Army got pinged by that Sydney dude in the final and Eddie tackling some Bombers donkey but I don't remember the game.

What sums you up is pumping Daisy and running down Murph, Judd anyone else linked to the regime.

Daisy was pretty damn awful in the

first half or did you think all those time the commentators called his name it was him? It was Waite.

It's the first time Daisy has broken even in a performance.

Nuffy.

big tackle doesnt mean drama of the game.. means someone runs at murphy at pace and he doesnt run his hands down his body and let him past

lol

i know u only remember 3 tackles..... brain cells are missing...

which what makes u what u r... nuf nuf

watch murphys tackles statistics and what he sticks and what he doesnt...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:39 pm 
Robert Walls

cimm1979 wrote:
The backline were solid against the Adelaide talls as well.

Another good game by Rowe, White and Jamison.

Yes, good point Cimm. They have been solid for weeks now - shame they don't get the credit that is due.

Funny that they are the first to get lambasted for their performance when we lose though!

I reckon that Rowe has improved out of sight. And so has White when you think about it.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

I don't mind the twilight game as it allows us Peninsula folk to get home at a reasonable hour.

That being said if the AFL are wondering why crowds are down , well they only need to watch the 1st half of todays game.
It was deplorable!

Something has to be done. The first half was a rolling maul of 36 players.
Even the missus noted that 80% of the ground was vacant space.
Kicking backwards/sideways/backwards/sideways is absolutely shitfull to watch.
Our forwards leading to the boundary at all costs.

I never thought I'd say this but a rule of 2 players in the forward 50 at all times would improve the spectacle.

The 2nd half was much better as the players tired. So reduce the interchange. Cap it at 50.

Eddie...used to love you, but you can piss off now, wearing that shit jumper

Menz and Doc will be 200 gamers
Everitt was great after half time.
Gibbs had a good game. Lots of contested ball, and a lot of the stuff he did went unnoticed
Touhy kicked the best torp I've seen in years, but is down on confidence
Levi...stick him in the square and put it on his head!!!!!!
Simmo started poorly but was great in the end
Daisy is getting better, but you tell he's still underdone
I thought Waite was ok, we look better with him up forward
If only Yazz could take it on even more. To often he breaks the lines only to hesitate and stop. Become a bit selfish and finish things off.
Rowe and White in particular are looking more comfortable each week
Hendo one to forget

And Jeffy
Why even bother playing him????? Nearly cost us the game with his unwillingness to follow his man in the last qt, and his half arsed attempts at competing were laughable.
Needs serious weeks in the magoo's

Jacobs 23 possies and 38 hitouts...took Warnock to the cleaners

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

the reason crowds are down because there are too many teams and the pool of talent isnt that hot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next