Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 am 
Bob Chitty

those angry fans hanging over waving their memberships at the players make us look like richmond. whats next? some asshole will spit?

we all have the right to be angry and upset but to hang over like that is a disgrace and if they were so angry and flashing their memberships as if they are throwing them away well then why not do it instead of looking like flower. reason they held on is cos they will be back next week and the week after.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:31 am 
Rod McGregor

Springsteen wrote:
those angry fans hanging over waving their memberships at the players make us look like richmond. whats next? some asshole will spit?

we all have the right to be angry and upset but to hang over like that is a disgrace and if they were so angry and flashing their memberships as if they are throwing them away well then why not do it instead of looking like flower. reason they held on is cos they will be back next week and the week after.

While I'm certainly not one of them, they have every right to be as vocal as they wish given the current predicament. We just lost to @#$%&! Melbourne, and pretty convincingly too.

This is as low as we've ever been in my book.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

If Carlton fans want to make a statement I suggest going on mass to the next open training session and spend the entire time standing with your back to the arena.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:44 am 
Bruce Doull

This game will show us how to build a team.
You start with a midfield... not hbfers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:47 am 
Wayne Johnston

Liam Jones to kick 5.0
Cooney BOG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:52 am 
Bruce Doull

watch us get swamped two ways in the midfield ... by a group of skillful committed hard working runners .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:54 am 
Harry Vallence

Not a fan of dropping players for a week and then bringing them straight back in, Waite and Jeffy can have another week in the VFL.

Watson in for Jamison.
Temay in for Menzel.

Rowe, I'd rather see him omitted for a smaller player this weekend. Doggies are a running team and the extra height isn't needed. Don't think Docherty would be fit enough after only 2 games and minimal pre-season.

I'd contemplate Wood for Warnock too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 am 
Bruce Doull

Pretty bland presser with Hendo & Simpson:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2014- ... conference

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Pretty bland presser with Hendo & Simpson:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2014- ... conference

why should they be exciting nobody else is...???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Back to basics

Mostly one on one... extra floater in defence

Get possession, keep possession.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

Locke wrote:
Not a fan of dropping players for a week and then bringing them straight back in, Waite and Jeffy can have another week in the VFL.

Watson in for Jamison.
Temay in for Menzel.

Rowe, I'd rather see him omitted for a smaller player this weekend. Doggies are a running team and the extra height isn't needed. Don't think Docherty would be fit enough after only 2 games and minimal pre-season.

I'd contemplate Wood for Warnock too.

Yes, agree with 1 week off bit but Waite may bounce right back in.
Jamison, Menzel & maybe Thomas as per the injuries over the weekend.
Need to cover Crameri & Jones as their "talls" up forward. Perhaps Bootsma may come in? White was unlucky to miss according to MM so he may be in the mix at the expense of Rowe.
We'll need plenty of run to match the Bulldogs. Solo ruckman for them as well. They may be sluggish after playing on the sandpit up in Canberra on Sat.
Wonder if B.Johnson is getting close to a promotion to our under performing forward line?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Curnow to Macrae

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If anyone wants a couple of tickets for sunday I've got a couple on the (fitting) Half back flank, level 1, which are only $30 each. Shoot me a PM.

No refunds if we play like shit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Curnow to Macrae

Just for the stats, is that a kick or handball turnover?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
Curnow to Macrae

That's right we have to send a 5th year player to tag a 2nd year player, shows exactly where we are.

:roll:

Eye roll is at the club Effes not you. :wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:48 pm 
Bert Deacon

picken to murphy anychance ot playing touy in the middle hard body quick can kick need to try something diff this week .One question how can i watch the game from koh samui.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

pew1 wrote:
picken to murphy anychance ot playing touy in the middle hard body quick can kick need to try something diff this week .One question how can i watch the game from koh samui.

I'll switch with you - no problem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

pew1 wrote:

you can get very creative over there and watch it with a smile on your face regardless of the result....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The match day report against Carlton’s Robert Warnock for striking Melbourne’s Jake Spencer in the third quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. Warnock and Spencer are grappling when Warnock makes high contact to Spencer. After viewing all the available footage, speaking with the umpire who laid the report and receiving a medical report from the Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel that the force used by Warnock was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Effes wrote:
The match day report against Carlton’s Robert Warnock for striking Melbourne’s Jake Spencer in the third quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. Warnock and Spencer are grappling when Warnock makes high contact to Spencer. After viewing all the available footage, speaking with the umpire who laid the report and receiving a medical report from the Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel that the force used by Warnock was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

No surprise there...I'd have been shocked if Warnock ever misses games for excessive force... :grin:

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next