Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 12:23 am 
Ken Hunter

kezza wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Seeing 20k empty seats after 3 qtr time is a huge statement by the fans...

Did anyone notice a few boos at 3/4 time?

Loud and clear on TV

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 12:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
Hey….

to all of you who walked out at 3/4 time…
well done…it was noticeable…i hope the
players noticed it too…!

and to those that stayed…bless you too…
mighty effort…!

kindest regards tommi

i feel let down…anyone else feel let down…?

let down…!
I stayed. Because I still had half a midstrength beer in a plastic cup with me.

I'm not an animal you know

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 12:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I refuse to watch anything to confirm this but I thought Pitto played really well, yet doesn't rate a mention in many write ups.

Am I off the mark?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 1:21 am 
Bruce Doull

He definitely got on top in the last quarter. But I didn't think he was great prior

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 1:31 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Traveller86 wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Mid table team is gunna mid table

We're out of our usual excuses so it's time to face facts...

Hence my posts in the match day thread.

Why is it a surprise that they're a 5 goal better side than us? Why do fans spit the dummy and threaten to give up on the club?

Agree, our supporter base is embarrassing, we played a far better team.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 2:15 am 
Bruce Doull

Jesus, just read that someone fell from level 2 at the ground

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 2:20 am 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
kezza wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Seeing 20k empty seats after 3 qtr time is a huge statement by the fans...

Did anyone notice a few boos at 3/4 time?

Loud and clear on TV

I didn't boo, I just left.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 2:29 am 
Geoff Southby

kingkerna wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
Hornet wrote:

Why is it a surprise that they're a 5 goal better side than us? Why do fans spit the dummy and threaten to give up on the club?

We did play a way better side. I left early as I did the math as I drove in, and it was raining so thought just beat the traffic, and I was pissed off.

In saying all of that, if you look at our side, people will disagree, but it isn't a top 8 side, let alone top 4 or 6. We would need luck going for us to be a top 8 team, on talent for our 22 we are 10th-12th.

People are seduced by our top 6-8, and many of them are mentally fragile and broken by playing in garbage sides most of their careers.

We have been gaslit as a supporter base and wanted to believe. Truth is, this side is a shadow of even our 2011 side, which would easily beat this current side. So we have been living in denial thinking this side is anywhere near as good as that. Compare the forwards of Betts, Walker, Waite and Garlett to bloody JSOS, Motlop, Durdin and Honey. We have Charlie and Harry, surrounded by average VFL players. (Durdin and Motlop still have upside, the other 2 do not)

Last year I think is the peak of what this side can achieve, and we finished 9th. To progress further, we need some good and dynamic players, decent small/half forwards, a ruckman who is at least average etc.

Not advocating a whole rebuild, we need to just keep adding to what we have. Coaching panel and board is bog average, which matches the onfield too.

Its a complete mess frankly, yet we have to work with what we have and keep trying to win every game and try to get better. No more greenshoot rebuild BS,

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 3:13 am 
Laurie Kerr

Poo-trid and poo-thetic. Thos club is a joke now. Used to be a powerhouse but now a nuthouse. After being 1 eyed blue for 47 years i am close to sacking this club from my support. They dont even realise their turnovers are the problem. This club is just wasting my time and causing me grief and completely taking the piss. I swear on my brothers grave if they play another respect game next year im sacking them. If they dont get serious and stop screwing up basics goofing off very very soon i am going to sack them.if they kerp turning over the ball like morons, im out. Will find a real footy team to support whoare serious about the game and might appreciate their supporters.
Feelings i used to get from supporting carlton where pride, passion, joy , fun, anticipation, relief, strength, loyalty, brotherhood, needed.
Feelings i get now fron supporting carlton now are embarressment, distaste ,sadness, despair, defeated,, anger, disbelief, confused, stressful, pain, apathy, frustration.

Am getting sick of this club wasting my damn time. This club has been screwed up bigtime at all levels from the top down. Who would ever have guessed years ago you could be an afl player at top level and not be able to kick a football well. It is bewildering.
Looks like shes all good with the players on camera after the match. Ah well who cares

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 5:41 am 
Craig Bradley

Adam Chatfield wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
Hornet wrote:

We did play a way better side. I left early as I did the math as I drove in, and it was raining so thought just beat the traffic, and I was pissed off.

In saying all of that, if you look at our side, people will disagree, but it isn't a top 8 side, let alone top 4 or 6. We would need luck going for us to be a top 8 team, on talent for our 22 we are 10th-12th.

People are seduced by our top 6-8, and many of them are mentally fragile and broken by playing in garbage sides most of their careers.

We have been gaslit as a supporter base and wanted to believe. Truth is, this side is a shadow of even our 2011 side, which would easily beat this current side. So we have been living in denial thinking this side is anywhere near as good as that. Compare the forwards of Betts, Walker, Waite and Garlett to bloody JSOS, Motlop, Durdin and Honey. We have Charlie and Harry, surrounded by average VFL players. (Durdin and Motlop still have upside, the other 2 do not)

Last year I think is the peak of what this side can achieve, and we finished 9th. To progress further, we need some good and dynamic players, decent small/half forwards, a ruckman who is at least average etc.

Not advocating a whole rebuild, we need to just keep adding to what we have. Coaching panel and board is bog average, which matches the onfield too.

Its a complete mess frankly, yet we have to work with what we have and keep trying to win every game and try to get better. No more greenshoot rebuild BS,

Good post
Sums it up
McGovern is now a backman with no real opponent
Gave up the farm to get him
Saad we gave up a first rounder is so overrated
Clearly he was the only guy to go to Cameron for pace but like Toby Greene a few years ago wasn’t put on him because he isn’t really a defender
Both are one trick ponies
Acres has always been a turnover merchant
Gave up little for him but why have him on our list for 3 years
Because our premiership window is open
It’s actually been constantly shut
Clearences were even
And we won the contested ball
So we had a crack
But our skill level was awful because we arnt good enough
Voss needs to really make some hard calls on some players
Play Durdin in the middle. We are too slow . He played his junior footy there

He is nearly halfway through his tenure and should put the pencil through a few guys
Play Cowan Binns Carroll as much as possible
Forget about finals and do a rebuild
A proper rebuild

Last edited by keogh on Sat May 06, 2023 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 5:46 am 
Craig Bradley

And as I said last week was almost meaningless
We played witches hats
This week we played a final 4 team who came to play
The one shining light is that Bris have addressed some issues around hardness
And Payne and Andrews are gun key defenders
I know he turned it over early but I really like Kemp
Cincotta is ok too

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 6:46 am 
Geoff Southby

They seemed to do the cluster and there was no answer from Carlton. You can probably let off Hansen but Voss and condom head were coaches when that was in vogue and should have at least had some answer a bit earlier

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 7:19 am 
Harry Vallence

I have been saying this for awhile

The loser mindset is so ingrained in this club that until this changes we are going nowhere

22 years of mediocrity does that to you

Cripps and Weitering look broken to me

Under pressure we crumble nearly every time. Little belief throughout the entire club.

No way do we lose that final game against Collingwood last year with a winning mindset

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 7:40 am 
Rod Ashman

WOW wrote:

The loser mindset is so ingrained in this club that until this changes we are going nowhere

Under pressure we crumble nearly every time. Little belief throughout the entire club.

No way do we lose that final game against Collingwood last year with a winning mindset

As distinct from the Pies where Macrae has pushed a ‘winners’ mindset.
To me, it looks like the players are thinking too much in transition which slows everything down. Then the options run out and we bomb it in to the forward line.
We lack dare. There were times when a player eg Cripps was running through the centre towards our forward line ahead of his man but we didn’t kick it to him.
We may as well pull the trigger on those and give him the chance to win an imperfect but quick kick given we are butchering the slow, precise pass forward anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 7:56 am 
Craig Bradley

kingkerna wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
Hornet wrote:

Unfair... our supporter base is passionate but frustrated.

Last night we played a team that started their rebuild around the same time as us... and yet they're a 5 goal better side than us currently. It's not unfair for people to expect us to be farther along that where we currently sit.

After last season, I've resigned myself to the fact that we have a mid table list so performances like tonight don't hurt as much... and it seems the penny has dropped for many others after last night.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 8:21 am 
Craig Bradley

Judging by Voss’ presser he isn’t going to change much

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 8:28 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

keogh wrote:

Pretty much said same thing after aints game. We'll look against bottom 2 or 3. Probably get an unimpressive win against 12th to 16th sides but struggle against rest. Win a few but lose the majority.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 8:49 am 
Craig Bradley

rhino27 wrote:
keogh wrote:

Pretty much said same thing after aints game. We'll look against bottom 2 or 3. Probably get an unimpressive win against 12th to 16th sides but struggle against rest. Win a few but lose the majority.

As I have said before sacking coaches is not on before their contract is up( Voss2024)
It’s frustrating that we have been ordinary for nearly a year but he seems to think we don’t need to change much
It’s clear our midfield is too slow and one dimensional
So why not play Durdin in there
Why not play Saad on a wing
Why not play McKay in the ruck
Why not give Carroll some senior time
It isn’t one two or three games
It’s nearly one year

It seems to me that internally as nearly always we think we are better
Moving the magnets around might take us 2 steps backwards initially but could make us a better team in the long run
Keep things as the status quo and we may sneak into the eight but not progress
His press conference was not convincing

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 8:53 am 
Harry Vallence

WOW wrote:

Absolutely agree with you , the losing culture in our senior core plays always comes to surface in huge statement games !! Weiters saad McGovern and acres shouldn’t look anyone in eye Monday , disgraceful last night …

I can’t believe we are here again and coach we needed ( cause he didn’t want interview) is coaching the saints,,, wtf and it’s official we are the tigers of 1982 to 2017 , strap yourselves in we are years away and the pies are going to pass as for most premierships

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:00 am 
Harry Vallence

side note a question I wanted answered , we are getting smashed by a strong midfield , why is Kennedy on the bench until we are 7 goals down ???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next