Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

We will get smashed....
Media will go nuts....
Mick will continue to be stubborn...
Carlton fans will go even more nuts...
Nothing will change....

And repeat....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:59 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I used to say this when Pagan was coach

Another 10 goal belting coming up :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We will be underdogs. So should do well. It's all part of the master plan. mM knows we struggle as favourites. Tank first 4 rounds and play remainder of season as underdogs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

MM's plan is to get an extension on his contract. 3 years has never been enough and it started last year with the noises he made about the playing group, etc. Unfortunately, the group has accepted that they are either out the door ala (BETTS) or no good and confidence is shagged (GARLETT). There is no turning back now and we will once again lose quality players because they are the ones that others want anyway.
Sadly, we have been down this road before and not too long ago. The playing group is divided and the man responsible has the excuse manual in his back pocket, spinning whatever is needed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 pm 
Horrie Clover

You know things are bad when the doggies are paying just 1.47. At least I got on the dees for 5.80. Still doesn't overcome the emotional loss of watching what was served up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:33 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

chubbyruss wrote:
I used to say this when Pagan was coach

Another 10 goal belting coming up :sad:

Round and round we go.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

..the quality players that we might lose,,, are they the same ones that for years sulk, don't put in, and lack consistency of anything meaningful on the footy field..?..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
MM's plan is to get an extension on his contract. 3 years has never been enough and it started last year with the noises he made about the playing group, etc. Unfortunately, the group has accepted that they are either out the door ala (BETTS) or no good and confidence is shagged (GARLETT). There is no turning back now and we will once again lose quality players because they are the ones that others want anyway.
Sadly, we have been down this road before and not too long ago. The playing group is divided and the man responsible has the excuse manual in his back pocket, spinning whatever is needed.

He took his book with him to THE Marrakesh?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

But we have to remember that the Dogs "are a very very good side"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

If they are going to go down - can they at least bring in someone who can just clean up someone with a legal hip and shoulder? Forget the scoreboard - at least have a physical dip.

Does Carlton have a player with a bit of mongrel? I can't think of one. Bell, Everitt, Robinson, Waite, Scotland are the only ones who can play physically and McLean has it in his blood, but refuses to tackle.

Carlton is too nice a team. If they are going to go down, they might as well throw around a bit of weight around in the process. That would at least make the volleyball styled non-contact game they play at present bearable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm looking forward to it.

Just need the dogs to win by a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:10 am 
Bruce Doull

For the people shooting Mick down for the comments on the way Melbourne played, after quarter time they played with an intensity I would be proud of Carlton putting in. They might have botched it a bit in execution with some poor skills, but they legitimately went at the contest the way we should have.

If we had shown their level of effort, we'd have won by 10 goals.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:18 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Mil Hanna wrote:
AGRO wrote:
They will beat us like a rabid dog that has rabies, or is that a rabies infested rabid dog - I don't know rabid dogs or rabies but I do know this, we will lose.

The rabid dog with rabies needs to be put out its misery with a brain lobotomy?

Might have take a trip to the automatic ATM machine to get money to pay for it though.

Having trouble finding it? Use the Global GPS System and you'll be right.

It depends what the one single criteria is.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

jimmae wrote:
For the people shooting Mick down for the comments on the way Melbourne played, after quarter time they played with an intensity I would be proud of Carlton putting in. They might have botched it a bit in execution with some poor skills, but they legitimately went at the contest the way we should have.

If we had shown their level of effort, we'd have won by 10 goals.

So why didn't we?

I would have thought that getting a good effort from our team would have been simple for a man of Micks talents.

Wasn't he supposed to "sort a few of these blokes out" "take them to the next level".

All he has manger is to turn some good players to average and some average players to shit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:30 am 
Bruce Doull

Honestly, I'm going to give it another month before I write it off. I think we're witnessing the death throes of the last few petulant players in the club.

It'll be frustrating, but I'm prepared to sit through a bit more muck while lessons that should have been learned 5 years ago sink in.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:08 am 
Rod McGregor

Mick is going to take the broom out & do more sweeping during the summer....Lookat what he did when he first went to Collingwood, he turnred their list over.
Just need to play a few and see who can play, but sometimes it takes time & persisteence so to get there sights in. Yep Mick will turn it all over watch this space...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:11 am 
Rod McGregor

Just got to be patient ...This year is a bit of a transitional for us. We arent going to win many games. If we do its a bonus, just as long as we unearth a few that can play..& build on it for next year, where hopefully we pick up another couple who can play.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Is the Menzel injury a hamstring or quad strain?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:22 am 
Rod McGregor

At least we have the next day off so I drown my sorrows unapologetically during the match.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:23 am 
Craig Bradley

Effes wrote:
Is the Menzel injury a hamstring or quad strain?

Took a great mark whilst getting smashed into right in front of me, limped straight away and then never saw him again.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a really bad corky

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next