Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Surely we can configure a sham deal like the Bummers and Lions did for Daniher. Didn't the Bummers claim Daniher received 800K over 3 years or something similar but after the compo was awarded, the deal magically reduced significantly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

I hope the reports of our salary cap being tight is not right. There’s significant holes to fill in the side if we’re to do anything meaningful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Question marks over Fogarty Cottrell O’Brien Dow Hayes Setterfield Cuningham Marchbank Parks Stocker Philp Newnes at the end of the year.

Too many players who are either injured or can’t produce consistent AFL performances.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:55 am 
Ken Hunter

And McDonald. Unfortunately I cannot see any justification for keeping him on, he appears to be permabusted.

Gov, Williams and Martin all under a cloud too but obviously not easy to move on, and have the greatest upside if we can sort them out.

If it were my job to sift through your list, I'd go:
Keep - Cottrell O'Brien Dow Marchbank Stocker Newnes
Look to move on - Fogarty Hayes Setterfield Cuningham Parks Philp

That is not to say that I think the latter six are useless, but in terms of ceiling + availability I think they miss the cut. It's especially difficult to say that about Cunners, and I'd love to persist with him if we had fewer broken bodies on the list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:56 am 
Harry Vallence

GreatEx wrote:
And McDonald. Unfortunately I cannot see any justification for keeping him on, he appears to be permabusted.

Apparentley the club have found someone who reckons he can fix McDonalds back issue. If he proves he is over them by end of year they want him to stay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Apparentley the club have found someone who reckons he can fix McDonalds back issue. If he proves he is over them by end of year they want him to stay

Not sure why we'd worry now he's missed two years of football

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

jezzarules wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Like Charlie did?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Like Charlie did?

Oscar isn't Charlie or Marchy or Docherty or Cunningham who had all shown something before injury

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

jezzarules wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Like Charlie did?

Oscar isn't Charlie or Marchy or Docherty or Cunningham who had all shown something before injury

I reckon he did and he can fill a vital role.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

In the preseason, Oscar looked the obvious choice to replace Jones.
Young didnt look anywhere as strong and experienced as Oscar.

Oscar is a rookie, and we were grateful we had him when Jones went down.
Ive heard the club are keen to hold onto him if the op proves a success as they expect.

Hopefully, next year, we have Oscar and Durdin on the cheap playing VFL. Both good back up for the KPD, and those who can't remember what Oscar can do...well there's 100 AFL games he's played and only 26yo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:46 pm 
Garry Crane

how bad was silvagni recruiting , Sps,Dow.and Lob first rnd picks and then he picks GWS players they didnt want ,plowman ,setters . kennedy (ok this yr but slow ) then injury brigade that history at previous club ,martin.williams, and Gov. He nailed curnow and TDK and i could pf picked walsh and weits.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

jpulice1969 wrote:
how bad was silvagni recruiting , Sps,Dow.and Lob first rnd picks and then he picks GWS players they didnt want ,plowman ,setters . kennedy (ok this yr but slow ) then injury brigade that history at previous club ,martin.williams, and Gov. He nailed curnow and TDK and i could pf picked walsh and weits.

oooo, this is a novel discussion point.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

muzza wrote:
jpulice1969 wrote:

oooo, this is a novel discussion point.

Whatever happened to

IN SOS WE TRUST.

:razz:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

jpulice1969 wrote:

Recruiters fault or club and culture? Didn't he also pick Curnow & McKay? and how does it stack up to other recruiting?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jpulice1969 wrote:

...and Pitto and Harry

I agree. It doesn't look good.

Jury still out with his other first round picks: Stocker, Philp, Kemp...and Cuningham who was the last picked in the first round of 2015 draft.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Various aspects to list management. Agree his drafting was hit and miss and jury is still out on others.
However, he did an exceptional job getting our TPPs down which in turn enabled us to have a real crack at some FA's.
Again some misses, but think his trading was good. In particular what we good for players we traded out such as the Gibbs trade and the "Hendo pick".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:21 pm 
Garry Crane

what would people say if he was not favorite son gun player but recruiting not that good ,hughes ,rogers really stuff club up. The most important people at a club recruiting manager .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

jpulice1969 wrote:
what would people say if he was not favorite son gun player but recruiting not that good ,hughes ,rogers really stuff club up. The most important people at a club recruiting manager .

You can say that again .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
Various aspects to list management. Agree his drafting was hit and miss and jury is still out on others.
However, he did an exceptional job getting our TPPs down which in turn enabled us to have a real crack at some FA's.
Again some misses, but think his trading was good. In particular what we good for players we traded out such as the Gibbs trade and the "Hendo pick".

Agree on TPP, and his first draft with all those first round picks he had.

Gibbs deal was a pearler.
The Hendo pick was straight forward.

He had it pretty easy being allowed to Trade for picks and rebuilding a whole list.
He will be judged when all his recruits have played their careers... Dow has a breakthough year....at another club?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Agree on TPP, and his first draft with all those first round picks he had.

Gibbs deal was a pearler.
The Hendo pick was straight forward.

He had it pretty easy being allowed to Trade for picks and rebuilding a whole list.
He will be judged when all his recruits have played their careers... Dow has a breakthough year....at another club?

Agree with everything you said though if a player leaves and flourishes at another club, how much is the recruitment of that player at fault as opposed to player development/club culture?

For the record I'm not in the SOS is the greatest list manager of all time camp. Nor am I he was total shit camp.
I think he did a reasonable job overall. Not a great and not a bad job. Reasonable.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 93  Next