Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

FarmerBlue wrote:
With Kemp looking good in defence could we play McGovern as a wingman ala Mason Wood? He’s mobile, good kick, excellent mark and can push forward or back to help. Tall wingman that can do this like Wood Acres Lukosius are Gold

Yeah nah… maybe the same role further up the ground at times, but he’ll be found wanting if turned around in transition.

We’d need a lot more running power off half forward (to pick up the overlap) if McGovern is going to ply his trade across the middle of the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

FarmerBlue wrote:
kezza wrote:
Does Cowan come back this week or does he play VFL?

Question for me is who does he replace? Good problem to have

Yeah I agree, he needs to win a place back from Cincotta and Kemp (hopefully not via injury)... good experience for the kid.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

IN: Cottrell Motlop
OUT: Fisher Hollands

Ed stays on notice… he might even benefit from the extra size (still hard to believe the change in body shape) & speed that Cottrell brings to the role.

Nothing against the job that Hollands is doing, but we’ve got this game, then Doggies under the roof, then the filth on the big stage with an extra short turnaround to Sydney in Sydney. Give him a freshen up this week, then straight back in for Dogs (sub maybe) with the aim to have him primed for 90k at the G.

Honey holds his place with Owies needing the run.

I like Kennedy as the sub… I like him more in the starting 18, but he’s a great option to break the deadlock when the arm wrestle starts in the second half. He’s the sort of player that can go off for 15 touches & 6-7 clearances in a quarter.

Blues by 16… goals.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

GreatEx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
kezza wrote:

Yeah I agree, he needs to win a place back from Cincotta and Kemp (hopefully not via injury)... good experience for the kid.

I never expected Hollands or Cowan to play more than 15 games this season. They will be very good players but having a break and playing some reserves games won't hurt them this year. Another pre season and I expect both to be genuine Best 22 next year

With so many good players starting to come back we are finally making it hard to get a spot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

missnaut wrote:
Rather play them here than up there.

They're midfield runners and small forwards tend to burn us out in space. Playing at Marvel will hopefully negate that. The loss of Zorko (and Rich) will help as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:31 pm 
Robert Walls

Crusader wrote:

Ed stays on notice… he might even benefit from the extra size (still hard to believe the change in body shape) & speed that Cottrell brings to the role.

Nothing against the job that Hollands is doing, but we’ve got this game, then Doggies under the roof, then the filth on the big stage with an extra short turnaround to Sydney in Sydney. Give him a freshen up this week, then straight back in for Dogs (sub maybe) with the aim to have him primed for 90k at the G.

I like Kennedy as the sub… I like him more in the starting 18, but he’s a great option to break the deadlock when the arm wrestle starts in the second half. He’s the sort of player that can go off for 15 touches & 6-7 clearances in a quarter.

Blues by 16… goals.

How does Motlop win an auto return?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:39 pm 
Bruce Doull

That was a beautiful goal Cottrell kicked in Q4 yesterday & I am looking forward to him taking Fisher's job, but I think another week in the 2s first.

Owies eventually to take Honey's job.

We should be confident about this game...Brisbane are flaky both forward & in defence.

Carlton by 16 points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
kezza wrote:

I never expected Hollands or Cowan to play more than 15 games this season. They will be very good players but having a break and playing some reserves games won't hurt them this year. Another pre season and I expect both to be genuine Best 22 next year

With so many good players starting to come back we are finally making it hard to get a spot

May that last sentence apply to each and every player on our list. I haven’t seen any reason to omit Hollands this week or last week. He doesn’t have to make way for anyone. He won the wing role from the get go. He didn’t displace anyone.

May the best player win his position every week.

Lucky 19yo Scott Camporeale wasn’t pigeon holed as a kid. Didn’t miss a game on the wing and played every finals game and never had to give anybody else his wing.

I never expected Hollands to even see the seniors in his first year. He broke into the team from the get go and the little Duracell keeps on running.

Giving up his spot for someone not as well equipped as him might not hurt Hollands but it may hurt the team.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Blues by 16… goals.

I don’t get it either. All you have to do is read the post match opinions of Motlop last 2 gan
Mes to know he was losing traction …ie form.

Fisher, I get. Underdone Cottrell for out of form Fisher. But Motlop? For Hollands. Form player for an out of form player. No thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
With Kemp looking good in defence could we play McGovern as a wingman ala Mason Wood? He’s mobile, good kick, excellent mark and can push forward or back to help. Tall wingman that can do this like Wood Acres Lukosius are Gold

Yeah nah… maybe the same role further up the ground at times, but he’ll be found wanting if turned around in transition.

We’d need a lot more running power off half forward (to pick up the overlap) if McGovern is going to ply his trade across the middle of the ground.

Gov on a wing?
Really?

Ask his hamstrings first.
How many rotations for rest will a high power athlete need to avoid a breakdown?
You know there’s a cap on rotations hence the importance of running machines on the wing. It isn’t LOBs footy IQ that gives him a chance on the wing before Acres and Hollands made the wing their own.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
That was a beautiful goal Cottrell kicked in Q4 yesterday & I am looking forward to him taking Fisher's job, but I think another week in the 2s first.

Owies eventually to take Honey's job.

We should be confident about this game...Brisbane are flaky both forward & in defence.

Carlton by 16 points

Carlton invented flaky.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
B: Boyd Young Kemp
HB: Cincotta Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Docherty
HF: Durdin McKay Walsh
F: Silvagni Charlie Motlop
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Cerra
Int: Newman McGovern Owies Kennedy (Ed)

3 changes after a 100+ point win? I wouldn't have thought so.

Maybe, Maybe Not

I thought Honey Fisher and Ed were average in a good side (and have been for a few weeks) and Hollands will get a rest like Cowan did this week. Fisher may stay if Owies not ready. Better, regular Best 22 players are also coming back. We are playing Brisbane in Brisbane. It's a whole new ball game

Cottrell TDK LOB Dow Binns also played well yesterday and are pushing for spots as well

Finally we have some options

Not playing in Brisbane. Marvel on Friday night.

I reckon Cowan was dropped.
I haven’t seen a glimpse of Cowans running game and ability to break lines. He looked tired and struggling. His kicking hasn’t featured either except for that one 60m kick to Harry 5 weeks ago.

Holland hasn’t shown fatigue. He’s still running 15km per game. He’s a natural. Halves contests, closes space…does what we need a wing to do.

He will be dropped when…if…his game drops. So far so good.

Voss has made it clear a couple times Honey replaced the injured Owies, like for like.

What’s Fishers role? I reckon he is on thin ice.

With Chinky and Kemp doing well, I can’t either of them, let alone Saad Newman Doc making way for Boyd. We already have 8 defenders. Doc plays both mid and Defence.

I can’t see so many changes either after a 100 point win.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:42 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I must be the only one that doesn’t believe Hollands needs a rest, just yet anyway.

I don't think he needs one just yet either. He will need one I reckon but not yet.
Also, in response to FarmerBlue, game is at Marvel, not Brisbane

Agree... Can't see Holland being dropped

bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
B: Boyd Young Kemp
HB: Cincotta Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Docherty
HF: Durdin McKay Walsh
F: Silvagni Charlie Motlop
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Cerra
Int: Newman McGovern Owies Kennedy (Ed)

3 changes after a 100+ point win? I wouldn't have thought so.

Maybe, Maybe Not

I thought Honey Fisher and Ed were average in a good side (and have been for a few weeks) and Hollands will get a rest like Cowan did this week. Fisher may stay if Owies not ready. Better, regular Best 22 players are also coming back. We are playing Brisbane in Brisbane. It's a whole new ball game

Cottrell TDK LOB Dow Binns also played well yesterday and are pushing for spots as well

Finally we have some options

Not playing in Brisbane. Marvel on Friday night.

I reckon Cowan was dropped.
I haven’t seen a glimpse of Cowans running game and ability to break lines. He looked tired and struggling. His kicking hasn’t featured either except for that one 60m kick to Harry 5 weeks ago.

Holland hasn’t shown fatigue. He’s still running 15km per game. He’s a natural. Halves contests, closes space…does what we need a wing to do.

He will be dropped when…if…his game drops. So far so good.

Voss has made it clear a couple times Honey replaced the injured Owies, like for like.

What’s Fishers role? I reckon he is on thin ice.

With Chinky and Kemp doing well, I can’t either of them, let alone Saad Newman Doc making way for Boyd. We already have 8 defenders. Doc plays both mid and Defence.

I can’t see so many changes either after a 100 point win.

Yep... No signs of fatigue by Holland late in the game or any stage....
Unless he has a niggle, or feeling sore...can't see it... Fish was tackling better early but was being broken through late... there's your clue.
Cowan isn't replacing Cincotta either....

I haven't done the match ups yet, but unless there's some weird match up issue, or someone sore after the flight (it's a bugger of a flight) , can't see a change except 'maybe' Fish/Honey for Motlop.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:29 am 
John Nicholls

Crusader wrote:

Is Cottrell bigger this year?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:54 am 
Harry Vallence

We're wearing the Carlton Respects jersey.

3rd time lucky? :yikes:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:58 am 
Bruce Doull

Yikes….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:02 am 
Ken Hunter

Can't see there being any changes (unless an injury) after a 100+ point win.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:25 am 
Harry Vallence

tommi wrote:
Yikes….!

kindest regards tommi

We all know the usual suspects will be out in force if we lose blaming the woke left etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:43 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
london blue wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Blues by 16… goals.

I don’t get it either. All you have to do is read the post match opinions of Motlop last 2 gan
Mes to know he was losing traction …ie form.

Fisher, I get. Underdone Cottrell for out of form Fisher. But Motlop? For Hollands. Form player for an out of form player. No thanks.

Voss rates him highly and he is on talent the best small forward we have. Still young and will be inconsistent. I reckon they will bring him straight in

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:44 am 
Robert Walls

No change.

Lions are very gettable away from home.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next