Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

If McGovern doesn't come up. Why not bring in S Durdin and free up Young or Weiters to play the intercept role.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

killpies wrote:
If McGovern doesn't come up. Why not bring in S Durdin and free up Young or Weiters to play the intercept role.

Absolutely when Durdin is fit and in form.
Young and Weitering are excellent intercept marks.
Problem is Durdin hasn’t shown much in the reserves this year.
Let’s hope he finds form vs Tigers in the VFL this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

We’re still putrid across half forward, with next to no pressure on the ball coming out.

Durdin & Motlop are doing a good job, but we’re two, maybe three, smalls short of an effective group. One good athlete could do the job. The trouble we’ve got is that plugging those gaps puts us over the 22 players.

We have to drop the second ruck. It’s not working. The million dollar man’s PR team are already reverting back to ‘developing ruck’. He’s had his arse handed to him by two very good rucks and a cavalcade of shit ones as well. He’s completely unsighted as a forward target.

Unless Young has been swapping GPS units pre game, he’s racking up some serious kms as a key defender. With Docherty out and the rehab lifers reverting to type, perhaps the ruck solution is more obvious than we want to admit. We’ve got a pretty decent defender in the ressies & if McGovern is right, there’s good aerial support when Young is up the ground.

I really think we need to be putting more time into Akuei as a defensive forward. He’s a god-awful footballer, but sometimes you can put an athlete out there & just hope he can at least move the ball in the right direction. It’s not like Honey & Owies are setting the bar too high for him… maybe the horse has already bolted there.

At the end of the day, it’s a lot of work, just to fit guys like Hewett & Kennedy into the same team as Cripps and two rucks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:32 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Durdin is averaging 9 fantasy points in the 2s this year, second worst is 29 (Blake Kuipers) so would be a leap of faith to call him up. Those points were in round 1 and he hasn't played since, so presume injured?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Jack Martin not playing reserves tonight so I doubt he will come under consideration for the Saints match.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:17 pm 
Bob Chitty

Hope McGovern can play as he’s important to the backline but I’m not holding my breath. Mitch doesn’t usually do 1 week injuries, he usually ends up with long term injuries. Martin’s 4 week absence through “calf tightness” doesn’t fill me with much confidence given they’ve said the exact same thing about Mitch. I’m expecting to hear donuts from the club until he’s not selected in the final team on Friday and we’re told he’s got a grade 2 hammy and will be on the Marchbank perpetual injury timeline.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

killpies wrote:

That will make us even slower. Kemp should be the preference for McGovern.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

I wouldn’t be averse to putting JSOS back if McG doesn’t come up. He is very good at reading the play. Only problem is his marking is variable as is his kicking. If Pitto is out, I very much doubt we will drop JSOS.

But if I could address one thing, it would be to get the boys moving at all times. Lead, create options, create space, move opposition players. I think this would make the biggest difference. Oh, and manic pressure. We pulled ahead when we were able to lift our pressure against the Crows. And got smashed when our pressure was off.

Apart from injuries…
Out: Plowman, Honey, Fisher
In: McGovern, Dow, Carroll
And I’d even think about giving Binns a go as sub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

17th Premiership wrote:
I wouldn’t be averse to putting JSOS back if McG doesn’t come up. He is very good at reading the play. Only problem is his marking is variable as is his kicking.

His effort is great but his kicking is a liability. You need kickers in the back half. He's currently a turnover machine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
I wouldn’t be averse to putting JSOS back if McG doesn’t come up. He is very good at reading the play. Only problem is his marking is variable as is his kicking.

His effort is great but his kicking is a liability. You need kickers in the back half. He's currently a turnover machine.

This

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

& slow as a wet week

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:58 am 
Geoff Southby

I know some of the players/coaches for the saint are not there this week/year but you'd hope they actually have some proper plan. Saints absolutely hunted in the first quarter and carlton were playing catchup for the rest of the game. Youve had taylor walker on the party pies the last few times against Carlton. surely we will have some half competent strategies to actually be in it against saints

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:37 am 
Ken Hunter

Memphis Blues wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
- We have a 10 day break vs the Saints' 6 day break

We have 10, they have 7

Can anyone recall a game where we had this type of advantage and we actually ran over the top of a team ? It always seems to work the opposite way with us
Agreed but in terms of injuries it may help us.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:46 am 
Robert Walls

Crusader wrote:
We’re still putrid across half forward, with next to no pressure on the ball coming out.

Durdin & Motlop are doing a good job, but we’re two, maybe three, smalls short of an effective group. One good athlete could do the job. The trouble we’ve got is that plugging those gaps puts us over the 22 players.

We have to drop the second ruck. It’s not working. The million dollar man’s PR team are already reverting back to ‘developing ruck’. He’s had his arse handed to him by two very good rucks and a cavalcade of shit ones as well. He’s completely unsighted as a forward target.

Unless Young has been swapping GPS units pre game, he’s racking up some serious kms as a key defender. With Docherty out and the rehab lifers reverting to type, perhaps the ruck solution is more obvious than we want to admit. We’ve got a pretty decent defender in the ressies & if McGovern is right, there’s good aerial support when Young is up the ground.

I really think we need to be putting more time into Akuei as a defensive forward. He’s a god-awful footballer, but sometimes you can put an athlete out there & just hope he can at least move the ball in the right direction. It’s not like Honey & Owies are setting the bar too high for him… maybe the horse has already bolted there.

At the end of the day, it’s a lot of work, just to fit guys like Hewett & Kennedy into the same team as Cripps and two rucks.

mmm...I'm not so sure about that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:06 am 
Garry Crane

Decided to make the trek to support the team next week against the Saints but showing as sold out on Ticketmaster.

Anyone got three tickets they aren't going to use??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:49 am 
Bruce Doull

What's the latest on Saad?

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

CK95 wrote:

Members choice: TBC or 1-2 weeks.

One things for certain, he’ll integrate back into skills training once sufficiently healed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

If McGovern unfit I would play Jack in defence
Cincotta to come into defence
Binns must be close to a run

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Like to see:

McGovern for Plowman
Carroll for Fisher
Cincotta for Cowan (needs a rest)
???? for SOS
Honey out

Is Pittonets slashed eye ok?
Looked pretty serious. If Pitto out, SOS is safe. I love 2 rucks but no to Mirkov please.

If Owies is back he will take back his spot Fisher (Honey was sub).

Carroll wasn't banging the door in the VFL imo. If anything sub perhaps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Members choice: TBC or 1-2 weeks.

One things for certain, he’ll integrate back into skills training once sufficiently healed.

:lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next