Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
Might be worth getting Joe Ingles and Patty Mills into the club to talk about One Agenda, commit to a common goal, sacrifice and Unity.

Regards Cazzesman

I don't think they will come to the club...long way a way from the USA.

Worth a try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cazzesman wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
what makes a coach successful?

The answer is simple.

Two words.........................'One Agenda!'

Sadly we will never see that again. Carlton Football club has barely had one Agenda since about 1995 and getting everyone on the same page is simply not possible from here on in.

Being Capt Obvious, blind Freddy can see the entire World is fast devolving into an Agenda's driven society, on every level. I have 8 staff directly under me. Every phone call I get from them tends to be some subtle form of manipulation or an attempt to plant a seed for their own ends. After so many years with them I can read their Agenda's like a cheap novel.

Covid, Politics, Media, Social Media, Big Tech, Lift, Right. etc, etc, etc. It is all about 'I'm right you are wrong and how can I make money by taking a certain side or stance.'

Carlton FC is simply a microcosm of the World over the past 30 years. Having a personal Agenda and being selfish is the norm at most Football clubs. The Agenda's and cliques go on infinitum and I have seen them up close and personal for 11 years. 5 years since I finished, there are still plenty going on and things are obviously broken.

Carlton FC is so far away from having a single glorified Agenda, that hoping for a flag is like hoping to win Tatts.

For every CFC Board Member, there are 10 of their friends trying to influence them with their own selfish Agenda's. Some of the friends have real clout so the Agenda's get traction.

The World is pretty well @#$%^& so why should we expect CFC to be any better. People in Power, with Money are the pinnacle of the Agenda driven society.

I'm wondering if this is merely Lockdown 6.0 talking..............but tell me I am wrong and why.

Regards Cazzesman

Yep , you have the happy knack of hitting the nail on the head Cazz . Despite the truth of what you say , someone comes out on top . And hopefully there is a modern day George Harris out there who despite the odds will take the bull by the horns and by hook or by crook will drag us out of this shit..............a second coming , thats what we need . I point blank refuse to believe we will never be great again .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:

What's your Agenda?

:lol: :lol: :lol: A world where people in control of others make decisions based on how they will improve the life of those around and under them.

Do I live like that? Not always by any stretch, but I try not to be selfish. I believe in Karma and what you give out, you get back down the track somehow, someway.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Caz has gone all Hoodoo Guroo.

"What's my Scene "

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Ironically just bumped into Parko when going for a stroll -now that is a coach and those were the days Girls and boys

There's a bloke who would blow a fuse if he saw someone going in half hearted or playing like an entitled premadona.

Come on bondi you know you can't talk to the player in a demonstrative tone or drop them these days. There is only so much these mentally fragile over privileged prima ballerinas can take. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:30 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
what makes a coach successful?

The answer is simple.

Two words.........................'One Agenda!'

Sadly we will never see that again. Carlton Football club has barely had one Agenda since about 1995 and getting everyone on the same page is simply not possible from here on in.

Being Capt Obvious, blind Freddy can see the entire World is fast devolving into an Agenda's driven society, on every level. I have 8 staff directly under me. Every phone call I get from them tends to be some subtle form of manipulation or an attempt to plant a seed for their own ends. After so many years with them I can read their Agenda's like a cheap novel.

Covid, Politics, Media, Social Media, Big Tech, Lift, Right. etc, etc, etc. It is all about 'I'm right you are wrong and how can I make money by taking a certain side or stance.'

Carlton FC is simply a microcosm of the World over the past 30 years. Having a personal Agenda and being selfish is the norm at most Football clubs. The Agenda's and cliques go on infinitum and I have seen them up close and personal for 11 years. 5 years since I finished, there are still plenty going on and things are obviously broken.

Carlton FC is so far away from having a single glorified Agenda, that hoping for a flag is like hoping to win Tatts.

For every CFC Board Member, there are 10 of their friends trying to influence them with their own selfish Agenda's. Some of the friends have real clout so the Agenda's get traction.

The World is pretty well @#$%^& so why should we expect CFC to be any better. People in Power, with Money are the pinnacle of the Agenda driven society.

I'm wondering if this is merely Lockdown 6.0 talking..............but tell me I am wrong and why.

Regards Cazzesman

I could not agree with you more about people's agendas and territorial interests Cazz. This is not one upmanship but as a principal, I have 55 teaching and 25 non-teaching staff under me. You are soooo right about being in the business long enough to read staff like a "post-it note"...you just know that what they are suggesting will improve things is a thinly veiled attempt to gain some personal advantage and not for the greater good of students and the school

Having said all that, and I have no doubt about the multiple agendas of conflict at Carlton, surely...surely these agendas exist at other successful clubs??? maybe they are suppressed better or challenged better with lines like, "this is our vision and direction, our strategic plan...if you don't like it, find yourself another organisation that will acquiesce to your views" or something like that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
Might be worth getting Joe Ingles and Patty Mills into the club to talk about One Agenda, commit to a common goal, sacrifice and Unity.

Regards Cazzesman

Roberto Mancini took a soulless, lazy, selfish and dispirited Italian national team that couldn't score a goal against Sweden to qualify for the last World Cup...to European Champions in the space of 3 years

He threw out the rule book about strategy, mindset, team-offense, team-defense and stopped gifting games to prima donnas from the big clubs (Juventus, AC Milan etc), favouring players with a will and determination to bleed for the national jumper from so many lesser known clubs...it's an amazing turn around...the most "united and genuinely caring for the greater good" Italian national team in decades

Last edited by 99prelim on Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

I challenge anyone to watch what’s happening at Marvel right now and tell me with a straight face that our team isn’t [REDACTED] in the head and soft as butter.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:46 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
I challenge anyone to watch what’s happening at Marvel right now and tell me with a straight face that our team isn’t [REDACTED] in the head and soft as butter.

Belief in the coaching team -with no flower hidden agendas like us
Belief in the system

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

redback wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Ironically just bumped into Parko when going for a stroll -now that is a coach and those were the days Girls and boys

There's a bloke who would blow a fuse if he saw someone going in half hearted or playing like an entitled premadona.

Come on bondi you know you can't talk to the player in a demonstrative tone or drop them these days. There is only so much these mentally fragile over privileged prima ballerinas can take. :roll:

:lol:

Tell Clarkson that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:

I promised myself afetr yesterday's game I would watch no footy for the rest of the weekend. Its been really enjoyable TBH.

@#$%&! I just had a look at Marvel game.....they were the laughing stock last year.

Rutten has got them playing a game plan they believe in.

Austin gave the Pick 8...they didn't need that. They've got a decent coach and the players believe in him.

Our players are conditional, but like I keep asking WTF is Teague's plan?

If the plan is a shoot out, well great deal of good that's done us...then yesterday we score 3 goals to 8 in the 2nd half...its the NM game all over again.

Teague is in over his head

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:00 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

I promised myself afetr yesterday's game I would watch no footy for the rest of the weekend. Its been really enjoyable TBH.

@#$%&! I just had a look at Marvel game.....they were the laughing stock last year.

Austin gave the Pick 8...they didn't need that. They've got a decent coach and the players believe in him.

If the plan is a shoot out, well great deal of good that's done us...then yesterday we score 3 goals to 8 in the 2nd half...its the NM game all over again.

Sooooooo...are we not in the 8 tonight bc of 20 years of culture/mediocrity/every other sin under the sun...OR are we not in the 8 because DT is a completely inept coach who is "in over his head"???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Sooooooo...are we not in the 8 tonight bc of 20 years of culture/mediocrity/every other sin under the sun...OR are we not in the 8 because DT is a completely inept coach who is "in over his head"???

The past is in the past.
We've moved with the times.
The present is the present, and we have Teague.
We are failing in the present.

I know some inside the club think he's in over his head....and its not coming from the Board, or Off field.

I know we can turn this around.
I know we can't with Teague.
and I'm not even Nostradamus :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

I like to think our players were forced to watch with a clear “I hope seeing that @#$%&! stings” message delivered afterwards, but we all know there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of that occurring.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:19 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

The past is in the past.
We've moved with the times.
The present is the present, and we have Teague.
We are failing in the present.

I know some inside the club think he's in over his head....and its not coming from the Board, or Off field.

I know we can turn this around.
I know we can't with Teague.

and I'm not even Nostradamus :wink:

:thumbsup: That's my point...we can bang on about the past till we're blue in the face but like you, I have no doubt that a quality uncompromising coach with strong assistants will turn us around IMMEDIATELY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:20 pm 
Banned

Fat chance - not even a trio of super coaches will turn around a pea hearted midfield.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

The drug cheats winning today and them making the 8 , is the final nail
In the coffin for this club

Teague should be sacked immediately and Austin also for giving the drug cheats pick 8 and extension of that cain Liddle for getting rid of sos ( who would never given pick 8 for Saad ) and hiring Austin

The ripple of effect of us becoming the drugcheats of 2019 , a laughing stock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Both 99

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

I’m voting both as well

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:

bondi I rest my case about Agenda's. Your mates feeding you whatever info you get will have them. Good clubs/businesses/governments don't leak or gossip or put out propaganda.

Very little the club can do about the media whiteanting the Club but when it comes from 'inside sources' (my words) then it means the club is destined for mediocrity.

I hope Sayers says 'Get on Board' 100% or get the @#$% out of the way and cut the crap when you go.

Sadly football ego's at Carlton won't allow that.

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 266  Next