Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

mymanmurph wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Umpire 22 Nathan Williamson

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Why does he hate us so much ?
It all started with the Curnow boys and umpire contact.
That was Naaf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

My thoughts on final 22 going on process of elimination firstly.
I don't think Corey comes up and shouldn't play regardless. We have 4 talls down back - Weiters, Young, Marchbank and Gov. 4 up front-H,Charlie, JSOS and resting ruck. Even if we cop early injury we have enough cover. That eliminates Kemp. Setters must be dropped. Last spot between Newnes and Fog. Fog been good in ressies and that form should be rewarded. Good tackler and plays with intent. Something we lacked last week and Vossy referenced. He plays along with TDK as they want 2 rucks, Dow plays as we need an extra mid. Jack M plays for added class and also tackling capacities. Newnes the sub.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:10 pm 
Trevor Keogh

geez i saw the AFL app headlines and then went to carlton App and Jack not named in the INs. had to scroll to the positions to see he is playing in the forward line! i nearly lost it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:11 pm 
Robert Walls

rhino27 wrote:
I don't think Corey comes up and shouldn't play regardless. We have 4 talls down back - Weiters, Young, Marchbank and Gov. 4 up front-H,Charlie, JSOS and resting ruck. Even if we cop early injury we have enough cover. That eliminates Kemp. Setters must be dropped. Last spot between Newnes and Fog. Fog been good in ressies and that form should be rewarded. Good tackler and plays with intent. Something we lacked last week and Vossy referenced. He plays along with TDK as they want 2 rucks, Dow plays as we need an extra mid. Jack M plays for added class and also tackling capacities. Newnes the sub.

I reckon that's about right! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:17 pm 
Trevor Keogh

FarmerBlue wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
We have been in VERY poor form for 5 weeks. Rather than the philosophy 'steady as she goes ... stay with the process', we badly need to change it up.

- We are consistently getting beaten for the ball.
- We move the ball too slowly.
- Our decision making is woeful.
- We have no plan B.

We need to move the ball on at all cost ... break the lines ... lower the eyes going forward.

I support the steady as she goes philosphy. We've come a long way and Voss has said numerous times this is about long term and building us in a successful club over a sustained period.
At the moment we trying to find the balance between attack and defence and controlling the tempo. At the start of the year we were run and gun and then hung on to win a few games. At the moment we look like we have gone to far into slowing the game down.

I would definitely try and release them a bit this week and be more attacking but this is very much in line with what is trying to be achieved.

It's been hard to get it all going and will need another pre season. Also, having many key players injured makes it hard to have some consistency as we simply don't have the depth

I feel our best team and beat anyone but if we don't we fall away.

yeah it’s like when we had great D under bolton and the en teague comes in and goes ok let’s down hill ski a bit more than this. he assumed the defensive game would hold up without the entire team playing hard D and rebound to an open midfield and F50. it didn’t work like that. or D dropped off. so voss has hardened it up well and much fewer and shorter lapses in concentration leading to fewer goal spree swings in momentum to the opposition.

like you said FB it’s about finding the balance of a few different aspects to the game. all teams are constantly fighting to get the balance as oppositions change from week to week and trends i. the game change from month to month. (and even trends in the umpiring!), Melb and Geelong the only ones who are doing it pure. we’re improving but last six weeks we’ve seen setbacks. that’s life trying to reshape the system and and recondition the players into winning sportsmen. only crippa and walsh don’t need coaching. and even crippa needs more discipline.

Last edited by diesel95 on Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Traveller86 wrote:
Nathan Williamson umpiring.

Start preparing for the Dees.
I was already struggling for this game and this doesn't @#$%&! help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:37 pm 
Trevor Keogh

Paddycripps wrote:
I always felt Jacob was an exceptional speaker, since day one he has talked more like a Rhodes Scholar than a footballer

But he lacked flow and conviction when he spoke the other day

IMO he seems caught between being told to be ultra positive and being realistic about the team needing to harden up

Clearly the players have been told be project positivity this week . Harry spoke in a similar tone

But I think they can be positive while also being realistic and commenting with more passion about the fact they need to be a lot harder and competitive (and consistently so)

whatever it was it’s very average media training advice. they need to review and see how it looks. dunno why weiters and H are always doing the media, i guess requests but clearly preferred by blues management too. rhodes scholar, well so was John Eliot and he’s a slob.

Last edited by diesel95 on Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

John Elliot a Rhodes' Scholar?
I think you're thinking of Mike Fitzpatrick.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

rhino27 wrote:

Cant argue with that ...............but somehow i would have squeezed Honey in there . Somehow , not sure how .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:05 pm 
Garry Crane

Sydney Blue wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

That was Naaf

I can’t recall an umpire more obviously against us in recent years, how the afl don’t review umpire behaviour and see the blatantly obvious ones like him it baffles me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I've been sulking all week but hope springs eternal... I like the look of the team on paper. Win or lose, it's about how we play this week. Go down swinging and having a genuine crack with the right attitude. Show intent from the first bounce and be brave enough to take the game on a bit more. We can win. I don't think we will but we can. Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

mymanmurph wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

That was Naaf

I can’t recall an umpire more obviously against us in recent years, how the afl don’t review umpire behaviour and see the blatantly obvious ones like him it baffles me.
Only explanation is that it's an in joke.

"let's put Nafan in again and see what crap he can come up with"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:27 pm 
Garry Crane

bluehammer wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

That was Naaf

Only explanation is that it's an in joke.

"let's put Nafan in again and see what crap he can come up with"

It’s better than any reason I can come up with :donk:

At least we shouldn’t have him next week….

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

rhino27 wrote:

Rhino I'm happy with your selection as well, My reasoning for Kemp over Fog is that we've replaced both Plowman and Newman with Marchbank so I saw Kemp as insurance for Marchbank who's playing game 2 in quite a looooooong time.
Happy for Fog to come in and smash it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:47 pm 
Garry Crane

Surely Dow plays….

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:35 am 
Stephen Kernahan

mymanmurph wrote:
Surely Dow plays….

Not necessarily. Recently the order of mids have been Cripps, Hewitt, Cerra, Kennedy, Walsh and Fisher when required. With Dow following that group. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Fogarty come in to play a defensive role (Rich?) and to have small stints in the middle assisting the available 4.
I'd rather Dow come in but as I said, recent history tells me it's definitely not a certainty.

3 or 4 years ago most teams wanted larger groups of mids but that has changed the last year or 2. Several are settling with a core group of 4 and a half forward pinch hitting where required.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:

Why? Why? Why?

This is an important game and the winner should be allowed to win fair AND square 18v18, not 18v 19.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I hope Martin is selected - we need an injection of class up forward.
Glad to see Marchbank in the 18.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
Surprised C.Durdin on extended bench. If fit, should be dropped anyway. 3 kicks in nearly a half last week all of which went to opposition following on from about 8 weeks of poor form

He couldn't feel his shoulder last week, and was subbed off.

Not sure how that helps him with his one vital weapon for a small forward, tackling.

I agree his form has been on the decline over a long period, and we could get more value from someone else till he freshens up and returns to that early season form.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:

I like your thinking rhino. Saved me the head ache.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next