Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

azzablue wrote:
keogh wrote:
This whole fiasco sums the board up
Conduct an external review mid season make it public to create disunity and basically put a gun to Teague’s head
Hand pick 3 blokes that suit them to conduct a review of everyone below them

External. It’s been kept in house( but it will leak out anyway)

Have no knowledge of how to be successful in 2021 on field except for one of them who as usual flowers off earlier than expected the escape any scrutiny and keep his “ squeaky clean “ image in tact

Basically imply with their actions that it’s everyone fault except them

Will appoint Lyon or Clarkson with no thought process other than let’s get an experienced coach who is a hard arse
We do need a hard arse but the right one
Think the list is better than what it actually is because they have no @#$%&! idea
If it’s Lyon it will be a disaster
There will be a honeymoon period then it will fall apart
Lyon is a weirdo
He provides little unity
Same players love them many loath him
Ask 95% of Docker supporters over here in the West what they think of this creepo

So which hard arse do you suggest if it ain’t Clarko or Lyon ??

As is keogh's way, he'll let you know in 3 to 4 years.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
azzablue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Conduct an external review mid season make it public to create disunity and basically put a gun to Teague’s head

Have no knowledge of how to be successful in 2021 on field except for one of them who as usual flowers off earlier than expected the escape any scrutiny and keep his “ squeaky clean “ image in tact

Will appoint Lyon or Clarkson with no thought process other than let’s get an experienced coach who is a hard arse
Think the list is better than what it actually is because they have no @#$%&! idea
Lyon is a weirdo
He provides little unity
Ask 95% of Docker supporters over here in the West what they think of this creepo

As is keogh's way, he'll let you know in 3 to 4 years.

So he is hindsight problem solver , he should be on our board then

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

jim wrote:
azzablue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jim wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/link/follow-20170101-p58iv9

Quote:
Carlton being unable to stop runs of scores, lacking a defensive system to combat high-pressure teams coming at them, is not a new problem and is one that will no doubt be central to the findings of the review. In that sense the size of the loss on Saturday will reinforce what the report must have found. Change is needed to a football department and game plan that continues to tolerate these sorts of defensive failings.

This is a playing group that wanted answers from their club and got none. They played like a team uncertain as to who they were playing for or under. Blowouts can happen late in seasons, in finals especially, when a team realises its season is over and the will to fight dims. At Carlton, players know their season is gone. Some have no idea if they will be, too, or if the coach will be, or the football manager.

This was a team that looked to their coach and football manager for answers about the review on Friday, but received a shrug of the shoulders as the officials didn’t know either.

I think this is the more pertinent comment. I thought it was poor of the club to announce the review mid season and the subsequent wins/losses should not surprise. Hard to perform when your mind is worrying about your future. As far as I am concerned - Sayers, Failure in his first action as President elect. I am not saying at the end of his tebure he won't have been a good President, all I am saying is the impact on the playing group was predictable. Of course the cynic in me says this is what

the board wanted as they needed all the excuses possible to replace Teague as coach!

Sorry mate , the review was called at the right time

How many games did we win before the review was called ?? And we had just lost to wc who fielded a wafl side against us ,,,, since then the eagles have hardly won a game when they had their players back

So please stop using the excuses of the review , we have a mentally fragile playing list with no leadership from their captains or their coaches who developed no game plan for them to flourish ,

This has been a complete balls up right from the outset ,

Unfortunately you can’t sack a whole playing group ...

And I don’t know why the playing group don’t know what’s going on , I have worked in big companies and internal politics always going on and when changes are coming you know what’s happening before the appointment

The playing group would be frustrated that they haven’t walked Teague out and circus around them will continue on them for another week if the incompetent board let him coach this week

You don't ever call a review mid-season. Players, coaches are playing with a sword hanging over them for half a year. Eventually you get so much disunity you get what we have seen the last couple of weeks. Trust everywhere is gone. Teague had little support, no help, players being interviewed about him, essentially hung out to dry. Then we expect a young coach to perform under pressure and his players to perform each week. Easy for us sitting being our keyboard, we're not there copping it and coping with the stress. Damn lucky we were still a finals chance for as long as it was.

There's things he could have focussed more on, like team defence, but that defence did work ok when the players felt like doing it, as is also a big issue discussed ad nauseum, especially after that blast at half time against Hawthorn. Last year was our chance. We were equal 4th for qtrs won, but the 5 goal bursts, hence bad qtrs, cost us. Young coach rookie error. That could be sorted with another preseason. Last preseason was unfortunately a short one due to COVID. Plus too we choked up 2 last qtrs in 5 days when finals looked right on for us.

Please Answer the question , which teams had we beaten before the review had been announced??

How many top 8 sides had we beaten before the review

How did he rectify the 5 goal onslaughts against us before the review

How was our defence holding up against other teams before the review

Oh and were we sitting on the ladder when the review was announced ?? Top4? Top8?

Stop blaming the world including Covid , swans got Pyke during these times

Blame a incompetent board and footy dept including a Gilligan for a coach[/quote]

Irrelevant. You don't call for reviews mid-season. It promotes distrust, hence destabilisation. Means you get performances like we have seen 3 of the last 4 weeks uinless your brain is between the cheeks of your arse somewhere.

That Gilligan has a better record than every coach this century bar Ratten. That includes two hard arsed premiership coaches. Took over a side that had won 4 from the last 43. Can't coach bad culture. if you think our issues are about coaching then you're frankly showing no understanding of our issues. Next coach will go the same way. Honeymoon period year 1, then if the root of the issues aren't sorted he'll go the same way even if it's Clarko. 6 coaches haven't sorted our issues. What does that tell you? It's not hard.

What does the Swans getting Pyke have to do with anything? Young coach, working through the pressure COVID issues, little support, a short pre-season to work on things, then a mid-season review. Like seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

azzablue wrote:
Please Answer the question , which teams had we beaten before the review had been announced??

Oh and were we sitting on the ladder when the review was announced ?? Top4? Top8?

Yep, it was a shit sandwich before the review was called. Teague had demonstrated that he couldn't produce a balanced game style that valued defensive cohesion.
What the review has done is given us the answers we required now. It enables us to approach the coaches we want, to implement the football administrators we want before the trade/draft window commences.
There is no perfect timing but this has occurred at the time that will give us the most options moving forward.

Sad for Teague but I support Carlton Football Club and what is best for the organisation. Not individuals.
No doubt had we waited and missed out on the best candidates, the usual suspects would have whinged about that as well. You can't win with some.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

I agree with BV and azza on this, it was the right time.
Maybe the board didn't want to sack Teague mid season like very other coach, only to have an interim coach come along and add to the already $h!t show of the last 20 years. And rightly so, as it was always a possibility we had another player/supporter lead appointment of a head coach.
I think a review was the more professional way to go.
It put Teague and co on alert and gave them time to make adjustments while letting future coaches know we have matured as a club in our processes.
To his credit Teague and co had a good crack, made some changes but still came up short when it counted.
To the rest of the world, this has shown he's not the right man for the job.
Carlton can now not only release him, but do their due diligence and make an informed appointment with the backing of a review before silly season so we can hit the ground running in 2022.

Last edited by Sidefx on Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:

Yep, it was a shit sandwich before the review was called. Teague had demonstrated that he couldn't produce a balanced game style that valued defensive cohesion.
What the review has done is given us the answers we required now. It enables us to approach the coaches we want, to implement the football administrators we want before the trade/draft window commences.
There is no perfect timing but this has occurred at the time that will give us the most options moving forward.

Sad for Teague but I support Carlton Football Club and what is best for the organisation. Not individuals.
No doubt had we waited and missed out on the best candidates, the usual suspects would have whinged about that as well. You can't win with some.

Beautifully put , I too support the Carlton football club and Teague had his crack , it’s time to move on with new energy , game
Style and toughness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Feel sorry for Teague but to be fair he knew he was gone after the hawthorn game said as much at a Richmond pub after the game … on the flip side with Walsh writing his CV he’s guaranteed another gig …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sidefx wrote:
It put Teague and co on alert and gave them time to make adjustments while letting future coaches know we have matured as a club in our processes.

I think that's a good point actually. The review has some detractors but in general terms it does show that we actually give a damn about cleaning up our mess.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:

Yep. Forcing us to evaluate and get better.

Rather make the change before the Draft- Trade period.

Hopefully a new set of Assistants ...all within the soft cap.

Mathieson will pay the fine for going over soft cap with any pay outs for Teague. I think the club has the money nowdays.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Walsh wrote:
There is an EGM coming Mick...I am definitely going to be in attendance. These people have done well on the business side but its time for them to step aside allow football people to take over is my feeling.

Been to a few AGM"s in my time . They make me feel good coz if there is one thing about a Carlton supporter he is dedicated , passionate , and fair dinkum . You would have to be to stick around after twenty five years of ape dropping's . I live in hope , and i hope there is greatness out there waiting to emerge . I"ll give you one thing Walshy , you come up with a couple of blokes that i had completely forgot in Jammo and Prender . Now there is a couple of young blokes with tram's and train's who would be IDEAL to come into the joint and be big plusses . Hope this bloke Sayers has got the kahuna's he is supposed to have to turn the joint upside down and REFRESH big time .......................Yeah , the AGM's are a great Carlton institution . Never dull even when we where flying . Some brilliant characters get along to those . .................Joe , " The Golfer ", The matter , the Professer , The Rat , Fantasy land , Nerves etc etc .................brilliant Carlton people who are the essence of who we are .

I'm alive in Carlton when I read your posts.

We dare to be different.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Feel sorry for Teague but to be fair he knew he was gone after the hawthorn game said as much at a Richmond pub after the game … on the flip side with Walsh writing his CV he’s guaranteed another gig …

Is Walsh Liam Pickering?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

azzablue wrote:
keogh wrote:

Lyon is a weirdo
He provides little unity

Buckley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

I think that's a good point actually. The review has some detractors but in general terms it does show that we actually give a damn about cleaning up our mess.

It was probably one of the more professional things the club has done in a while.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:21 am 
Bruce Doull

Mark LoGiudice wrote:
Dear Donstuie,

As communicated to you earlier this year, this season is to be my last as President of the Carlton Football Club, with my tenure officially concluding this week, whereby I will formally complete my extensive handover to incoming President, Luke Sayers.

I have full trust and confidence that Luke as President, and the Board of Directors, will continue the work of growing the entire football club, delivering on-field success for all our teams and importantly serving you, and all our members. Stability and managed succession are still the keys to the future success of this football club.

I’d like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for the support and patience you have afforded me and the Board during my tenure.

With your support, and with a total unified club effort, by our Board, our players, our staff, our members and our commercial partners and sponsors, we have delivered:
• Record membership (81,302 members in 2021).
• Record sponsorship with multiple long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships that demonstrate a significant show of faith in the direction of our club. We are incredibly grateful for their support.
• A skills-based Board with strong governance, strategy, succession and accountability.
• The establishment of a Reconciliation Action Plan.
• A flagship community program in Carlton Respects that raises awareness of gender equality for the prevention of violence against women.
• The establishment of a women’s team in the inaugural AFLW competition, an historic achievement for our club.
• A club that for the first time since 1996 is debt free and no longer a financially assisted club of the AFL.
• A strong financial position that will enable us to continue to increase our investment in all our football programs.
• Record revenue including new, non-traditional revenue streams through Carlton IN Business and Carlton College of Sport, and;
• The largest infrastructure project for IKON Park, which will provide fully integrated, elite facilities for all our teams, better conditions for our members to watch games, and provide an interactive museum displaying our rich history. IKON Park will continue to be the home of the Carlton Football Club long into the future.

Despite these many achievements, the key objective and responsibility remains to deliver improvement in our on-field performances each year. To this point, the Club has undertaken a review of the football department with the key focus on our AFL team.

The independent, external panel last week provided an update to incoming President Luke Sayers and the Board. This update was part of the review process, which remains ongoing and any further updates will be communicated to members in due course.

It’s been an honour and privilege to serve you and the Club over the past 12 years as a Director, and as President over the past eight years.

My focus has always been to do what is in the best interests of the Carlton Football Club.

Thank you for entrusting me with the role of President, it is a responsibility I have never taken for granted and I thank each and every member for their support.

Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 1201017

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:41 am 
Banned

Yeah read the letter - what a load of self serving hog wash.

Forgot to mention - never replaced Football Director
Forgot to mention - never supported Football dept appropriately
Forgot to mention - allowed Sayers to hang the football dept out to dry

Governance my left nut.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:43 am 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
Mark LoGiudice wrote:
Dear Donstuie,

As communicated to you earlier this year, this season is to be my last as President of the Carlton Football Club, with my tenure officially concluding this week, whereby I will formally complete my extensive handover to incoming President, Luke Sayers.

I have full trust and confidence that Luke as President, and the Board of Directors, will continue the work of growing the entire football club, delivering on-field success for all our teams and importantly serving you, and all our members. Stability and managed succession are still the keys to the future success of this football club.

I’d like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for the support and patience you have afforded me and the Board during my tenure.

With your support, and with a total unified club effort, by our Board, our players, our staff, our members and our commercial partners and sponsors, we have delivered:
• Record membership (81,302 members in 2021).
• Record sponsorship with multiple long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships that demonstrate a significant show of faith in the direction of our club. We are incredibly grateful for their support.
• A skills-based Board with strong governance, strategy, succession and accountability.
• The establishment of a Reconciliation Action Plan.
• A flagship community program in Carlton Respects that raises awareness of gender equality for the prevention of violence against women.
• The establishment of a women’s team in the inaugural AFLW competition, an historic achievement for our club.
• A club that for the first time since 1996 is debt free and no longer a financially assisted club of the AFL.
• A strong financial position that will enable us to continue to increase our investment in all our football programs.
• Record revenue including new, non-traditional revenue streams through Carlton IN Business and Carlton College of Sport, and;
• The largest infrastructure project for IKON Park, which will provide fully integrated, elite facilities for all our teams, better conditions for our members to watch games, and provide an interactive museum displaying our rich history. IKON Park will continue to be the home of the Carlton Football Club long into the future.

Despite these many achievements, the key objective and responsibility remains to deliver improvement in our on-field performances each year. To this point, the Club has undertaken a review of the football department with the key focus on our AFL team.

The independent, external panel last week provided an update to incoming President Luke Sayers and the Board. This update was part of the review process, which remains ongoing and any further updates will be communicated to members in due course.

It’s been an honour and privilege to serve you and the Club over the past 12 years as a Director, and as President over the past eight years.

My focus has always been to do what is in the best interests of the Carlton Football Club.

Thank you for entrusting me with the role of President, it is a responsibility I have never taken for granted and I thank each and every member for their support.

Mark LoGiudice
President
Member ID: 1201017

What a joke of a message and talk about all
Him

But yet no apology for the failures of coach’s he has appointed and he resigned yesterday effective immediately so he doesn’t have Teague sacking on his supposed successful record ,, weak as piss as per sticks , smorgon and sell out collo!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:33 am 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Is Walsh Liam Pickering?

Yes yes yes yes yes yes !!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:36 am 
Banned

azzablue wrote:
Effes wrote:
Juddy&theKruezers wrote:

Is Walsh Liam Pickering?

Yes yes yes yes yes yes !!

Im moving up in the world I see.

First I was anonymous posters now Im a famous player manager.

Next I am going to be a minister - perhaps Frydenberg.

Keep at it people one day you might get it right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

It doesn’t take a genius to work out that David Teague was a temporary popular solution , now the consternation is selection of a very good experienced coach ready to take us upwards , and footy department , assistant coaching , playing list overhauls too
Our problems are serious and multiple, keep our fingers crossed that Luke Sayers has the fortitude & ability to see it through.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

Where is Chris Teflon Judd
Just when the club needs him the most he is MIA :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 174  Next