Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Miserable fail.

Not making a GF with a list built in earnest post penalty period (after 2004).

Parkin has alot to answer for
Brittain was handed a dead dog....wooden spoon
Pagan has a lot to answer for....wooden spoon
Ratten has a lot to answer for
Kerna put him there.

Judd is the greatest player we had since Kouta.
Kouta was a premiership player.
Maybe Judd could've done more....if he really really really wanted a flag.
he should've known Pratt couldn't do anything for us with footy boots on.

Maybe there's times Swan needed to get involved in on field matters given the guesswork that was taking place over a decade.

What an embrassment

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ok its really take 5 or something...
another chance to modernise the club...and bring it back into line....
will we be here again in 5 years?

probably yes....

anyway...... ho hum

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

The only + ve was Judd, Sticks hired his mate for the coaching gig and we were underachievers as a result

what a waste that period was in regards to winning a flag

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Kernahan era has been a disaster for our Club.
We are a lower middle rung Club now (on most, if not all indicators) and the Board for that period has managed the decline of Carlton
The plain and simple fact is that there are two (2) reasons why we have not been a Premiership threat:

1. THE DRAFT
2 THE SALARY CAP

The Club has not adapted to the modern AFL way.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I agree with all of the above but I'm curious about the fact that we continue to criticise our club (justifiably) and yet despite the horrors of the Essendon* regime of the last couple of years there are still so few Essendon* fans willing to question their organisation.

Baffling. :|

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:35 am 
Bruce Doull

theyre in denial.....about the savegery thats about to fall upon that club

they are on the brink of eternal doom

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:58 am 
Craig Bradley

It all starts from the top in any profession that doesn't meet it's objectives
You could write a book about it
To me the Warnock and Judd deals symbolise where the club has gone wrong
Shortsighted
Quick fix
Poor recruiting
You name it
And it will continue until wise people run the club

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:06 am 
Wayne Johnston

Winning a flag is the measure of success. We along with 12 or so other clubs have failed in that period.
Teams like Richmond, Essendon*, Footscray, Melbourne and North were all trying to do the same thing at the same time and all have been disasters.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:22 am 
formerly King Kenny

keogh wrote:
Shortsighted
Quick fix
Poor recruiting
You name it

Warnock is our first ruck last time I checked. How is that shortsighted or quick fix?

I won't even comment on Judd.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:33 am 
Wayne Johnston

King Kenny wrote:
keogh wrote:
Shortsighted
Quick fix
Poor recruiting
You name it

Warnock is our first ruck last time I checked. How is that shortsighted or quick fix?

Probably because we had Sauce coming through.

All would have been fine if the players we got in the Sauce trade were on our list and firing.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:55 am 
Harry Vallence

Well if one where to keep repeating the snickering and unjustified cheap shots eventually the multitude follow.
The module and dynamics of modern footy is evolving continuously, but certain things remain the same . Ability , commitment, passion and professionalism and funding to enable to get the job done right at all operation levels.
Lo Giudice must ensure we have the ability to bring home the big prize and re engage disenfranchised supporters , mistakes have been made in the past that's history now, he must unify the fold.
He can do it , he's an astute professional and passionate Carlton man . Let's get June over and done with and things will start to happen . Go Baggers
Ciao

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:14 pm 
Robert Walls

GWS wrote:
I agree with all of the above but I'm curious about the fact that we continue to criticise our club (justifiably) and yet despite the horrors of the Essendon** regime of the last couple of years there are still so few Essendon** fans willing to question their organisation.

I think that's for a few reasons:

1) They won a premiership in 2000. Psychologically that probably doesn't feel as far away as if they'd won it in 98 or 99.
2) They didn't endure the salary cap penalties or wooden spoons that we did. Not saying that makes them a success, just relative to the way they perceive their performance.
3) The whole ASADA thing has galvanized them.
4) Their version of the favourite son returning to coach (Hird) has not had long enough to fail and let them down yet. Also many are of the opinion that Bomber has been doing the lions share of the coaching. If this ASADA thing hadn't happened, and Bomber hadn't come back to the club, Hird might have fallen from grace in a similar way to Ratts.
5) There are mist machines at Windy Hill that shoot out psychotropic drugs in aerosol format .... this assures delusional behaviour in the test subject guinea pigs

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Bluey44 wrote:
GWS wrote:
I agree with all of the above but I'm curious about the fact that we continue to criticise our club (justifiably) and yet despite the horrors of the Essendon*** regime of the last couple of years there are still so few Essendon*** fans willing to question their organisation.

I think that's for a few reasons:

1) They won a premiership in 2000. Psychologically that probably doesn't feel as far away as if they'd won it in 98 or 99.
2) They didn't endure the salary cap penalties or wooden spoons that we did. Not saying that makes them a success, just relative to the way they perceive their performance.
3) The whole ASADA thing has galvanized them.
4) Their version of the favourite son returning to coach (Hird) has not had long enough to fail and let them down yet. Also many are of the opinion that Bomber has been doing the lions share of the coaching. If this ASADA thing hadn't happened, and Bomber hadn't come back to the club, Hird might have fallen from grace in a similar way to Ratts.
5) There are mist machines at Windy Hill that shoot out psychotropic drugs in aerosol format .... this assures delusional behaviour in the test subject guinea pigs

That last point is actually true, on cold mornings like today you can see the plumes of smoke coming out the back of the stand. it's a weird green colour.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:12 pm 
Bert Deacon

listening to sen driving home from work about 2am and they asked the compare which list has a better future us or saints and the winner is saints.How bad have we recruited,decision making with personal or well let the new regime begin.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:36 pm 
Horrie Clover

The Swann, Sticks and Ratten partnership just didn't work at all.

Their old school simplistic football mentality was not what we needed at the time, we were just coming out of hibernation and the timing was perfect to leap frog the pack but they, and the board just didn't have the vision to put the right people in the right places.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

club29 wrote:
King Kenny wrote:
keogh wrote:
Shortsighted
Quick fix
Poor recruiting
You name it

Probably because we had Sauce coming through.

All would have been fine if the players we got in the Sauce trade were on our list and firing.

..knockers recruiting wasn't smart, but not a quick fix.. ..with three Young rucks, the most recent a number 1, getting in a fourth ruck that wasn't any more experienced for two picks and a big dollar long term deal for what we were getting, was downright silly.. ..and he is first ruck now, after we shed half our ruck stocks and krooz LTI.. he is our first, and only fit ruck currently.. ..until he manages to be more involved in general play he will never be a top line ruck..

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

pew1 wrote:
listening to sen driving home from work about 2am and they asked the compare which list has a better future us or saints and the winner is saints.How bad have we recruited,decision making with personal or well let the new regime begin.

it helps that 2 out of the 3 regular hosts of the show are st kilda supporters and the other is collingwood.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Have a look at the players available after pick 23 the year we got Warnock( we used pick 24 as a trade)

It's reading that brings a tear to the eye
We had Jacobs but treated him like shit when Warnock arrived and consequently big sauce left
You want me to expand on that ask me

As we saw from last weeks match Jacobs is a superior player to knockers
Dumb dumb dumb

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Jacobs played? (Didnt notice)...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
Have a look at the players available after pick 23 the year we got Warnock( we used pick 24 as a trade)

It's reading that brings a tear to the eye
We had Jacobs but treated him like shit when Warnock arrived and consequently big sauce left
You want me to expand on that ask me

As we saw from last weeks match Jacobs is a superior player to knockers
Dumb dumb dumb

Maybe, but Jacobs ain't that good. Average at best I think.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next