Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bomba Sheldon wrote:
A stand alone reserves team would probably be the best for the Blues, but i'd feel sorry for the Northern Bullants. Being an old VFA person, I'd hate to see another team fold for good like my old team Prahran.

I know where you are coming from, but the "Northern Bullants" don't have any real historical currency to me...

As a Carlton supporter, I try to get behind the red jumper with a corporate designer logo, but it's soulless. As much as I hate the new CFC logo - the "ant" does nothing for me... I'd love it if the Bullants jumper was navy blue to respect the tie back to Carlton.

I also try to get back into that old head space of supporting the younger players on the rise and look forward to them getting selected into the AFL. But, as it's not "really Carlton", it's really hard to get a true emotional bond here.

Therefore, the ressies team is a must.

Maybe as our stocks rise over the next few seasons and we start enjoying on-going success, we will become more connected to the club and that sterile feel of Docklands will fade. There has been a lot to distance ourselves from over the past 10 years. I used to get concerned that our teams didn't even "look like a Carlton team" at times...

Afterall, we all love a winner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

Wet Willie wrote:
Bomba Sheldon wrote:
A stand alone reserves team would probably be the best for the Blues, but i'd feel sorry for the Northern Bullants. Being an old VFA person, I'd hate to see another team fold for good like my old team Prahran.

I know where you are coming from, but the "Northern Bullants" don't have any real historical currency to me...

As a Carlton supporter, I try to get behind the red jumper with a corporate designer logo, but it's soulless. As much as I hate the new CFC logo - the "ant" does nothing for me... I'd love it if the Bullants jumper was navy blue to respect the tie back to Carlton.

I also try to get back into that old head space of supporting the younger players on the rise and look forward to them getting selected into the AFL. But, as it's not "really Carlton", it's really hard to get a true emotional bond here.

Therefore, the ressies team is a must.

Maybe as our stocks rise over the next few seasons and we start enjoying on-going success, we will become more connected to the club and that sterile feel of Docklands will fade. There has been a lot to distance ourselves from over the past 10 years. I used to get concerned that our teams didn't even "look like a Carlton team" at times...

Afterall, we all love a winner.

Mate, I dont disagree with what you say - I am inclined to think that these days its the best thing for the Blues - at the end of the day thats the Big Picture

Just will always have a soft spot for the VFA, that despite not playing for any of the existing sides. When you look at Casey Scorpions how much Springvale is really left in them other than the colours as they were originally nicknames the Vales, and a little later the Scorpions.

Go the Prahran - The Mighty Two Blues.