Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:33 pm 
Robert Walls

Barack Obama wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
The vision on ch 7 news wasn't flattering, nor were Robert Walls comments. WTF is he about (Walls, not Hartlett)?

What Hartlett did can be summed up in one word. Coward. I did not hear Walls comments but if he went off at him it sounds like he was justified and right in doing so.

I didnt have a problem with walls commentary of the hartlett incident - there is no place for off the ball incidents anymore and howat did appear in a fair bit of distress afterwards. The vision that was shown at the time was also fairly damning towards hartlett.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:27 pm 
Robert Walls

Was discussed today and Walls made it clear he feels obligated to name names and tell what he sees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

Abaddon wrote:
seanpb wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
seanpb wrote:
i think walls has become quite embittered since his wife's untimely and tragic death. its odd that he is so vitriolic towards us as a club though.

Wallsy does a lot for the CFC that you wouldnt know about.
Your post is disrespectful and unfair.

well he sure goes about veiling this from joe public by shitcanning us whenever he can. his performance calling the game the other night was an absolute joke, so incredibly disrespectful in its own right, and anything that the club does also seems to raise his ire.

i dont know the man, but i made that comment by simply listening to him and reading his articles in the past 6 or more months. it seems plain for all to see his demeanor has changed. why we're in the sights i dont know.

He hasn't said anything that isn't true.
The football team has been an absolute joke for 6 years now. and still is...

Bought your membership yet?

Regards Cazzesman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

Walls is critical of all teams. Traditionally in the week they're about to play us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 am 
Rod Ashman

Walls talks up Carlton to the point where it makes opposition supporters sick. You could easily accuse him of bias, but to say he shitcans us is unfounded. If he got frustrated seeing Carlton players jogging to contests, ball watching and sticking out one arm for a tackle, then I'd say he's no different to flowering rest of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:27 pm 
Wayne Johnston

seanpb wrote:
i think walls has become quite embittered since his wife's untimely and tragic death.

I struggle to comprehend why a person would think to type something like that... unbelievable :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
Abaddon wrote:
seanpb wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
seanpb wrote:
i think walls has become quite embittered since his wife's untimely and tragic death. its odd that he is so vitriolic towards us as a club though.

Wallsy does a lot for the CFC that you wouldnt know about.
Your post is disrespectful and unfair.

well he sure goes about veiling this from joe public by shitcanning us whenever he can. his performance calling the game the other night was an absolute joke, so incredibly disrespectful in its own right, and anything that the club does also seems to raise his ire.

i dont know the man, but i made that comment by simply listening to him and reading his articles in the past 6 or more months. it seems plain for all to see his demeanor has changed. why we're in
the sights i dont know.

He hasn't said anything that isn't true.
The football team has been an absolute joke for 6 years now. and still is...

Bought your membership yet?

Regards Cazzesman

He should have received it by now too. Collingwood memberships went out a couple of weeks ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:57 pm 
John James

What Walls said about Hartlett was totally deserved. Hartlett made a bonehead decision when he clocked that guy.

I haven't seen the last quarter on TV yet, but considering the hype, they deserved some criticism thrown their way for falling away quite badly. If Wallsy sugarcoated everything, he wouldn't be a commentator because every other supporter would turn the TV off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

I met Hartlett at Carlton once, and he is sounded a top guy.

From a football perspective why after years of injuries, and being on the brink when an opportunity presents itself he would let himself down?

That is the question no one can answer, probably not even by himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Offered two weeks by the match review panel, same with Howat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If I was Harts, I'd be very relieved by that decision.
Jump at the offer and work your butt off to regain your spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:13 pm 
Wayne Johnston

:shock: Stunned at only 2 weeks. Very fortunate indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Please God let Fisher and Kreuzer be right to play this week

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:42 pm 
Robert Walls

amazing - should have gotten more imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Level 4 striking charges for both of them. The 2 weeks is only if they accept the early guilty plea. Otherwise it's at least 4.

Wojee wrote:
Harmes was out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:57 pm 
Ken Hands

the video footage was "inconclusive" apparently.
lucky.
good to see Howat also offered 2 weeks. Hartlett was clearly provoked so you can understand his position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:10 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I think the fact at also got 2 makes Hartlett's actions a little easier to understand.

I don't want him to drop that aggressive Style. Its exactly what we need, he just needs to learn where to focus it.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

seanpb wrote:

Poor form. Walls calls it as he sees it Carlton or not.

And worst of all you've brought the tragic passing of his late wife into it. :roll:

Credit to the man, soon after his wife passed away, he was back commentating because it helped him to cope with his loss.

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

provoked or not it was dumb.

but having said its been too long since we've had someone with a bit of mongrel in them.

you have to be careful about curbing aggressive blokes. look at brad miller. he hasn't been the same player since he curbed his aggression.

then again cam mooney has gone the other way. i spose it all comes down to talent.

hartlett needs to show significant gains this year if he intends to be part of this clubs future. time is running out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

CarltonClem wrote:
seanpb wrote:

Poor form. Walls calls it as he sees it Carlton or not.

And worst of all you've brought the tragic passing of his late wife into it. :roll:

Credit to the man, soon after his wife passed away, he was back commentating because it helped him to cope with his loss.

it certainly wouldnt be the first case of someone struggling to emotionally cope after a death and do so by channelling that emotion somewhere else, towards something else hes passionate about: football and carlton, perhaps. whether or not his heart is in the right place, and i still think it is...just, with his criticisms i cant help but roll my eyes everytime he writes something about us or says anything about us. his tirades and opinions about fev are a case in point.

i said it in the first instance, it was tragic and untimely, a real shock to the system and a devastating and heartbreaking blow, like all deaths are, for the walls family.

"In fairness it did seem in the early days of the draft teams would just pick a name totally at random out of a hat. I'm pretty sure we picked James Cook at #2 one year. The mediocre forward, not the explorer" - Me, 12/9/2011

Carlton 2012: Lets remind them why they once feared the Dark.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next