Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Will be sharing Bullants coaching/playing duties with Teague.
Fantastic result for the club...

Lappin has a heap to offer.

And Lance retiring??...
Why is Nixon allowing him to retire....???
Surely someone can pick him up and play him from the swuare as a full forward... just cos he cant run ,... cant jump... cant chase...doesnt mean noone wants him...
If noone wanted hi how come Nixon was dirty with us not keeping our ex captain??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Synbad wrote:

And Lance retiring??...
Surely someone can pick him up and play him from the swuare as a full forward... just cos he cant run ,... cant jump... cant chase...doesnt mean noone wants him...
If noone wanted hi how come Nixon was dirty with us not keeping our ex captain??? :?

Because that's his job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:10 pm 
Bob Chitty

ACHILLES wrote:
I saw Skinny on the road today at 5.45 in his gold BA XR6 on Warrigal Rd Moorabbin. I think he still must live around the South East suburbs!

Yeah he does - actually caught the train in with him from Parkdale station once just after his 250th on his way to training

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ACHILLES wrote:
hustla wrote:
Could of had Peter Dean but they didn't wanna look like 'the boys club'. I reckon he's better than Crosisca.

On what basis do u say that?

Is Dean better coz he was an ex Carlton player?

Hustla is quoting a throwaway line I made in another thread.

It wasn't about Dean being unsuitable - it was about the reason he may not have got the job - in that the Football Department may have wanted to not create a perception of an "Old Boys Network" by appointing Dean.

It is certainly our loss if Dean was in the mix for the post and they gave it to McCartney and then Dean went and accepted the Bulldogs Job - but I am not sure that Dean was in the mix. :?

I certainly would welcome Peter Dean back to the club in nearly any role - he is a legend.

Also congratulations to Skinny Lappin on his appointment.

I am now going to have all sorts of pressure from Agro Juniors to take them to Bullant games now - as well as from Mrs Agro - who still has a Teague poster in her pantry. :wink:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Barack Obama wrote:
Synbad wrote:

And Lance retiring??...

Because that's his job.

His job is to run the clubs name down in the media cos he has a client thats shit??
What kind of a job is that???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

Location: Feeding the ducks at the Percy Treyvaud Memorial Park
I'm loving Carlton at the moment! :-D

Very happy that Skinny will continue to be around the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Synbad wrote:
Barack Obama wrote:
Synbad wrote:

And Lance retiring??...

Because that's his job.

His job is to run the clubs name down in the media cos he has a client thats shit??
What kind of a job is that???

Love your sarcasm Synbad. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 am 
Vale 1953-2020

AGRO wrote:
ACHILLES wrote:
hustla wrote:
Could of had Peter Dean but they didn't wanna look like 'the boys club'. I reckon he's better than Crosisca.

On what basis do u say that?

Is Dean better coz he was an ex Carlton player?

Hustla is quoting a throwaway line I made in another thread.

It wasn't about Dean being unsuitable - it was about the reason he may not have got the job - in that the Football Department may have wanted to not create a perception of an "Old Boys Network" by appointing Dean.

It is certainly our loss if Dean was in the mix for the post and they gave it to McCartney and then Dean went and accepted the Bulldogs Job - but I am not sure that Dean was in the mix. :?

I certainly would welcome Peter Dean back to the club in nearly any role - he is a legend.

Also congratulations to Skinny Lappin on his appointment.

I am now going to have all sorts of pressure from Agro Juniors to take them to Bullant games now - as well as from Mrs Agro - who still has a Teague poster in her pantry. :wink:

At least it's not in her bedroom.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:25 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

And the good news keeps rolling in........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Unless his body isn't near 100% its almost a shame we couldn't keep Lappin on the senior list.... not necessarily to play firsts, but to keep up our sleeve incase of injury etc.... he could still effectively do the role he's been given now and stay on the senior list... (especially if we don't use the PSD)....

There's something to be said for the world football model of having your 37 year old former superstars sitting on the bench and only playing cup games or in case of injury......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:20 am 
Robert Walls

thats a pretty fair call, but maybe skinny wasn't happy with that idea of spening his last season in and out of the ones. plus he's taking another spot up on the list.

i think it was a better call this way and skinny gets to retire with distinction.

if we struggle with injury then more kids get game time, so thats a positive in my book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:40 am 
Bruce Comben

Always liked Skinny. Thought he was a total nob at St Kilda but he came to the baggers and showed his worth. 10 years at a club shows serious comittment even in the dark days of one Denis "Kick it to Carey" Pagan.

I say welcome to the revolution Skinny!!