Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:21 am 
Rod Ashman

Yes this year is just the appetizer. Get everyone playing the Voss system consistently, gradually adding the layers with the right players and then with luck on the injury front next year it really begins.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Building an elite team for sustained success.

The addition of Cerra and Hewett have been fantastic for the club.
The renaissance of Cripps and Docherty have been like 2 additonal AA's.

Matt Lloyd's top 5 players at the halfway mark of season 2022 are Weitering at No.3 and Cripps is the best player in the comp.

Matt Richardsons Rolling AA team has included Weitering, Docherty, Walsh & Charlie Curnow.

Reigning Coleman Medallist still considered in the Top 5 KP Fowards recently

Champion data have uncovered the skillset of some of the Blues

Quote:
Carlton has the most quality kickers in the game, boasting more players with a top kick rating than any other club.

Exclusive analysis by Champion Data has uncovered the classiest kicks in the league for every team, with the Blues having six players inside the top 50 overall based on their kick rating this season.

Off the back of his elite ranking for kicks and disposals, forward Zac Fisher owns the highest kick rating for the Blues, who also boast Adam Saad, Charlie Curnow, Nic Newman, injured key defender Jacob Weitering and Zac Williams in the top 50.

There's a lot of class in the Best 22. No wonder Adam Cooney thinks Carlton's best is the best footy he's seen in 2022, outside of reigning Premier Melbourne.

We are building ... with eyes on wingmen Amon, Sholl, and signing of wingman Hayes, Carlton is serious about filling the wing positions with bonafide wing men.

Go Blues

Says a lot. I feel if we can get our best 22 or close on the ground consistently we are as good as anyone

McKay Pittonet Weitering Kennedy McDonald Marchbank Williams McGovern Martin E.Curnow Cuningham all available makes a massive difference not just in talent but depth and competition for spots as well

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Matt Lloyd's top 5 players at the halfway mark of season 2022 are Weitering at No.3 and Cripps is the best player in the comp.

Matt Richardsons Rolling AA team has included Weitering, Docherty, Walsh & Charlie Curnow.

Quote:
Carlton has the most quality kickers in the game, boasting more players with a top kick rating than any other club.

Exclusive analysis by Champion Data has uncovered the classiest kicks in the league for every team, with the Blues having six players inside the top 50 overall based on their kick rating this season.

Off the back of his elite ranking for kicks and disposals, forward Zac Fisher owns the highest kick rating for the Blues, who also boast Adam Saad, Charlie Curnow, Nic Newman, injured key defender Jacob Weitering and Zac Williams in the top 50.

There's a lot of class in the Best 22. No wonder Adam Cooney thinks Carlton's best is the best footy he's seen in 2022, outside of reigning Premier Melbourne.

We are building ... with eyes on wingmen Amon, Sholl, and signing of wingman Hayes, Carlton is serious about filling the wing positions with bonafide wing men.

Go Blues

Says a lot. I feel if we can get our best 22 or close on the ground consistently we are as good as anyone

McKay Pittonet Weitering Kennedy McDonald Marchbank Williams McGovern Martin E.Curnow Cuningham all available makes a massive difference not just in talent but depth and competition for spots as well
Agree you look at those lists in the past and they were full of VFL footballers we hoped would step up.

Now our VFL team has AFL footballers fighting for their spot back.

Like.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Here's another report on the Blues' spending strategy over the last 5 years, for those who may ask again how anyone would know.

No one knows the exact numbers, and no one has stated that either, but the strategy taking advantage of the cap rules is common knowledge.

The answer is simple: its either stated directly by Carlton people in private conversations, or, Carlton people tell journos they trust in the media, and player managers certainly talk and know what the dollars are on offer for a player(s) in their stable. Managers talk to each other too.

Quote:
The Carlton list management team used the opportunity in the early part of the rebuild to spend below the salary cap during the lean years of 2018 and 2019. The Blues banked money for future acquisitions and also front-ended contracts to create space under the cap down the track.

Quote:
The Blues have been active players during the free agency and trade periods over recent seasons. They added Adam Cerra, George Hewett and Lewis Young to their list in 2021 after acquiring Adam Saad, Zac Williams and Lachie Fogarty at the end of 2020. They also recruited Jack Martin and Mitch McGovern while making unsuccessful bids for Stephen Coniglio and Dylan Shiel.

Quote:
They have done so while selecting players at the top end of the draft, a process that began in 2015 when they took Jacob Weitering, Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow with picks one, 10 and 12, then Sam Petrevski-Seton at pick six in 2016. Paddy Dow and Lochie O’Brien arrived via picks three and 10 and then they used pick No.1 to get Sam Walsh in 2018.

Quote:
Industry sources suspected, however, they might struggle to compete for talent at season’s end as they have star forwards McKay and Curnow becoming free agents at the end of 2023.

Who cares what they suspect? They've been masked sources all along, and probably made up characters who don't even exist. They are made up rumours to create click bait. Typically baseless stories from a disappointing media circus.

Quote:
But club sources said the Blues had maintained enough flexibility to keep their options open when trade time arrived.

We are living in a different era to the last 3 decades of salary cap management. SOS sorted the mess. Austin has flexibility at his disposal, and not every top 20 recruit will turn out to be starts, as we found with SPS, but Austin is adding value to the list, and I look forward to seeing his next play come seasons end, and Carlton is an undisputed Destination Club.

I bet Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow stay at Carlton, and will be paid handsomely. Bonafide stars Cripps, Weitering and Walsh have paved the way forward: The next Golden era for Carlton.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluehammer wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Quote:

Go Blues

Agree you look at those lists in the past and they were full of VFL footballers we hoped would step up.

Now our VFL team has AFL footballers fighting for their spot back.

Like.

I like the addition of Durdin & Hayes as I believe it adds to our list balance and options. Hayes has easily been our best in the 2's this year. I still believe we need a Ruck/Fwd and Ballenden would have been very handy but you can't have everyone. It must be a target at years end.

I also see great improvement coming in players like Mirkov, Young, O'Brien, Stocker, DeKoning, C.Durdin, Motlop and Kemp

I expect us to still make around 6 changes at years end but that will depend upon injuries. We do need to add some young talent through the draft. Lot to like but we need some luck with injuries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Here's another report on the Blues' spending strategy over the last 5 years, for those who may ask again how anyone would know.

No one knows the exact numbers, and no one has stated that either, but the strategy taking advantage of the cap rules is common knowledge.

The answer is simple: its either stated directly by Carlton people in private conversations, or, Carlton people tell journos they trust in the media, and player managers certainly talk and know what the dollars are on offer for a player(s) in their stable. Managers talk to each other too.

Quote:
The Carlton list management team used the opportunity in the early part of the rebuild to spend below the salary cap during the lean years of 2018 and 2019. The Blues banked money for future acquisitions and also front-ended contracts to create space under the cap down the track.

Quote:
The Blues have been active players during the free agency and trade periods over recent seasons. They added Adam Cerra, George Hewett and Lewis Young to their list in 2021 after acquiring Adam Saad, Zac Williams and Lachie Fogarty at the end of 2020. They also recruited Jack Martin and Mitch McGovern while making unsuccessful bids for Stephen Coniglio and Dylan Shiel.

Quote:
They have done so while selecting players at the top end of the draft, a process that began in 2015 when they took Jacob Weitering, Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow with picks one, 10 and 12, then Sam Petrevski-Seton at pick six in 2016. Paddy Dow and Lochie O’Brien arrived via picks three and 10 and then they used pick No.1 to get Sam Walsh in 2018.

Quote:
Industry sources suspected, however, they might struggle to compete for talent at season’s end as they have star forwards McKay and Curnow becoming free agents at the end of 2023.

Who cares what they suspect? They've been masked sources all along, and probably made up characters who don't even exist. They are made up rumours to create click bait. Typically baseless stories from a disappointing media circus.

Quote:
But club sources said the Blues had maintained enough flexibility to keep their options open when trade time arrived.

We are living in a different era to the last 3 decades of salary cap management. SOS sorted the mess. Austin has flexibility at his disposal, and not every top 20 recruit will turn out to be starts, as we found with SPS, but Austin is adding value to the list, and I look forward to seeing his next play come seasons end, and Carlton is an undisputed Destination Club.

I bet Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow stay at Carlton, and will be paid handsomely. Bonafide stars Cripps, Weitering and Walsh have paved the way forward: The next Golden era for Carlton.

I am big fan of what SOS did. He took over a mess and made the hard decisions. Fixed our Salary Cap issues that has us in a good spot now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sounds like Charlie misses Harry , and Charlie isnt thinking of going nowhere but Carlton in the future

Curnow’s inclusion for the 8-3 Blues has come at an opportune time, with the club now having two genuine stars up forward with last year’s Coleman medallist Harry McKay another prolific key target.

Unfortunately for Blues fans, they’ve only seen the pair combine in eight of 11 games so far with McKay sidelined recently with a meniscus injury.

Quote:
As McKay nears a return, Curnow says he’s “looking forward” to linking back up with his running mate.

“I’m missing ‘Big H’, to be honest,” Curnow said.

“There’s a little bit less running when he’s not there which is enjoyable and has its moments, but I’m looking forward to having him back, that’s for sure.”

While Curnow comes out of contract at the end of next season, he says he’s planning on remaining in navy blue far beyond his current deal.

“I’ll leave it to my manager and the Carlton Football Club,” Curnow said.

“I’m in no rush, I’m happy where I’m at and I’m definitely not going anywhere.

“It definitely is (good being at Carlton at the moment).”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/05/not-going-anywhere-carlton-star-curnow-keen-to-sign-long-term-with-blues/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:49 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Sounds like Charlie misses Harry , and Charlie isnt thinking of going nowhere but Carlton in the future

Curnow’s inclusion for the 8-3 Blues has come at an opportune time, with the club now having two genuine stars up forward with last year’s Coleman medallist Harry McKay another prolific key target.

Unfortunately for Blues fans, they’ve only seen the pair combine in eight of 11 games so far with McKay sidelined recently with a meniscus injury.

Quote:
As McKay nears a return, Curnow says he’s “looking forward” to linking back up with his running mate.

“I’m missing ‘Big H’, to be honest,” Curnow said.

“There’s a little bit less running when he’s not there which is enjoyable and has its moments, but I’m looking forward to having him back, that’s for sure.”

While Curnow comes out of contract at the end of next season, he says he’s planning on remaining in navy blue far beyond his current deal.

“I’ll leave it to my manager and the Carlton Football Club,” Curnow said.

“I’m in no rush, I’m happy where I’m at and I’m definitely not going anywhere.

“It definitely is (good being at Carlton at the moment).”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/05/not-going-anywhere-carlton-star-curnow-keen-to-sign-long-term-with-blues/

:thanks: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Love this guy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

I wonder when we're going to have another go at recruiting an athletic Irish guy onto our list, without losing a list spot.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:40 pm 
Garry Crane

need athletic quick defenders / saad is the only one we have. look at coll /freo/hawks all quick ball movement from defence

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

Stefchook wrote:
I wonder when we're going to have another go at recruiting an athletic Irish guy onto our list, without losing a list spot.

Someone like that Connor Nash at the Hawks .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:22 pm 
Robert Walls

Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:

Yep - we had him, he did his knee and retired. His name was Ciaran Byrne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

jpulice1969 wrote:
need athletic quick defenders / saad is the only one we have. look at coll /freo/hawks all quick ball movement from defence

Because their midfields are second rate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

That slingshot from halfback is causing sides some issues, another blistering quick would certainly help

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stefchook wrote:

That is a great question, and idea.

Free hit.

Is there a 7 footer running around, Jims Stynes like, just taller?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Get Giannis….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
Get Giannis….!

kindest regards tommi

The Greek boy with the great suntan....he will do.

Can see him in the ruck, running all over the ground.

Supreme athlete ... Kouta like ... just darker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:41 am 
Craig Bradley

bluebo baggers wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:

Yep - we had him, he did his knee and retired. His name was Ciaran Byrne

Shame that . Very good player .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:28 am 
Harry Vallence

I feel we need another Ruck/Forward added to list. Would Callum Sinclair be an option? Out of contract at years end, from Victoria and 32 years old. Can play forward and ruck. Be a handy back up and do like Martin (35) is doing at Bulldogs

Cheap back up option

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:23 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
tommi wrote:
Get Giannis….!

kindest regards tommi

The Greek boy with the great suntan....he will do.

Can see him in the ruck, running all over the ground.

Supreme athlete ... Kouta like ... just darker

That's what Berlusconi said to Obama when he met him...something like, "he's incredibly bronzed"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 93  Next