Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 84  Next

Who should coach us next year?
Brad Scott 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Michael Voss 20%  20%  [ 19 ]
Mark Williams 11%  11%  [ 11 ]
Don Pyke 22%  22%  [ 21 ]
Danny Daly 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Scott Burns 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Giansiracusa 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Jaymie Graham 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Adam Kingsley 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Adam Yze 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Nigel Lappin 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Jarrad Schofield 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Steven King 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 97
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 am 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
Thank @#$%&!.

Now lets get Lyon in the door and get cracking.

It could also mean that Clarkson thinks our club is [redacted] and even he couldn't fix it, as per his interview.
We might have to take this news with a pinch of salt.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Did say Clarkson was favourite and should be favourite for Carlton job but did seem a deflection rather than his view

Agree

He seems to me to be avoiding any part in the circus. What is he suppose to say and do? Dance on Teague's grave.
Clarkson isn't an idiot.

Plus he's still coaching his team.

If , out of the blue he's coming to Carlton, it will be viewed as Mathieson throwing the kitchen sink at him, and Clarkson's reputation will be in tact knowing Teague was gone before he took the job.

Either way Clarkson or Lyon, but I wont be surprised if its Clarkson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If Clarko says yes as soon as it's announced Teague is gone, he's my preferred.
But the margin over Ross the Boss is small.
If Clarko isn't sure he's ready to take another job on, give Lyon the job Monday.
He's smart, eager and brings a team first ethos.
He does seem to have a shelf life while Clarko is still going strong after 20 years, which is why I prefer the prick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

buzzaaaah wrote:
If Clarko says yes as soon as it's announced Teague is gone, he's my preferred.
But the margin over Ross the Boss is small.
If Clarko isn't sure he's ready to take another job on, give Lyon the job Monday.
He's smart, eager and brings a team first ethos.
He does seem to have a shelf life while Clarko is still going strong after 20 years, which is why I prefer the prick.

I tend to agree with you. We talk to Clarko first. If he indicates that he wants the job and still has the fire we go with him.
If he doesn't, we move onto Ross. Last thing I want is a Malcolm Blight situation where we install a coach who isn't all in.
Clarko is all in, he is the man. If he is still unsure whether he wants a year off or not, we move on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

Attachment:
8528DC51-0E9D-4544-8E55-8ECE9B0BDEF6.jpeg
8528DC51-0E9D-4544-8E55-8ECE9B0BDEF6.jpeg [ 103.86 KiB | Viewed 1331 times ]
Attachment:
8528DC51-0E9D-4544-8E55-8ECE9B0BDEF6.jpeg
8528DC51-0E9D-4544-8E55-8ECE9B0BDEF6.jpeg [ 103.86 KiB | Viewed 1331 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

Thought I post it twice :razz:
Adam Cerra has this poster on his bedroom wall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

Gee, times have changed. Had a more scantily clad lady doing something similar, on my wall

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

https://footyology.com.au/hiring-lyon-a ... M5IqXeTimA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

jim wrote:
https://footyology.com.au/hiring-lyon-a-leap-of-faith-even-for-quick-fix-carlton/?fbclid=IwAR3cRhmy7wmoAGTiJ5aVwpqVawSPmQPZ7z1lNQObV7CzeWvK4M5IqXeTimA

My thoughts exactly
Only better grammar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
https://footyology.com.au/hiring-lyon-a-leap-of-faith-even-for-quick-fix-carlton/?fbclid=IwAR3cRhmy7wmoAGTiJ5aVwpqVawSPmQPZ7z1lNQObV7CzeWvK4M5IqXeTimA

Quote:
And it didn’t get much better for Lyon after that. In fact, in his final four years at the Dockers, he could only muster a winning percentage of 33 per cent – a far cry from the 66 per cent from his first nine years as a coach.

Twelve of his 17 losses by 10 goals or more as coach came between 2016-19, including all four of his defeats by 100 points or more – and yes, he was at the helm when Geelong booted 23 consecutive goals against Freo in late 2018.

By the time next year comes around, after a two-year sojourn in the media and property industry, it will have been seven years since he took a team to a finals series. Are we just to assume that Lyon still “has it” from a coaching perspective?

It would seem like a huge leap of faith by any club to hire him in the hope that he could somehow recapture his Midas touch from such a long time ago. The game changes very quickly, and it could very easily have passed Lyon by.

Is Lyon going to be another Matthews or a Malthouse after a year or two in the media?

My gut hopes the "prick" wants us. Impressive interview posted by Cazzesman.

I

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

My answer to the subject title of this thread is - I have no idea.

What I will say is that I feel like we’ve seen this movie before. Bringing in a ‘name’ coach hasn’t worked for us since Parkin (see Pagan, Malthouse). Mind you, we have chewed up & spat out some young coaches too (see Brittain, Ratten, Bolton).

I just hope that there is a genuine and thorough process to match an appointment with the club’s needs as identified during the review. I hate to think we would appoint a messiah without any testing of whether that person (no matter their history) is the right fit for the type of coach we need to lead the type of coaching structure we want to have.

I have no idea if Ross is the right fit because I don’t have access to the information to make that judgement. If he is the right fit, fantastic. But I do hope we’re not closing our minds to other (ie. untried) options just because it didn’t work out with Bolton and Teague.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cant see Clarko or Ross going through an interview process . It would be you either want me or you don't . Beggars can't be choosers .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:
My answer to the subject title of this thread is - I have no idea.

What I will say is that I feel like we’ve seen this movie before. Bringing in a ‘name’ coach hasn’t worked for us since Parkin (see Pagan, Malthouse). Mind you, we have chewed up & spat out some young coaches too (see Brittain, Ratten, Bolton).

I just hope that there is a genuine and thorough process to match an appointment with the club’s needs as identified during the review. I hate to think we would appoint a messiah without any testing of whether that person (no matter their history) is the right fit for the type of coach we need to lead the type of coaching structure we want to have.

I have no idea if Ross is the right fit because I don’t have access to the information to make that judgement. If he is the right fit, fantastic. But I do hope we’re not closing our minds to other (ie. untried) options just because it didn’t work out with Bolton and Teague.

Ross Lyon had 3.5 years to change his game style
After the start to the 2016 season
He didn’t
So why would you employ him

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

Mickstar wrote:
Cant see Clarko or Ross going through an interview process . It would be you either want me or you don't . Beggars can't be choosers .

Then don’t employ them

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:

I don’t see us as ‘beggars’ here Mick. It’s a plumb gig for someone. The list has holes but there is a lot of talent to work with. The club is in better shape off-field than it has been for 20+ years. I want us to be very selective. If Clarkson/Lyon are not on the same page as the club, then we look at other options.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Then don’t employ them

Surely we’re overlooking someone coaching in the WAFL seconds who’d be better?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

GWS wrote:
keogh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Then don’t employ them

Maybe
I hope your just taking the piss or your just dumb
Bottom line get the best coach
If Lyon wants the job he can have 3 interviews and explain how he is going to be innovative
Of course it doesn’t help when Juddy thinks it’s all too hard to sit on the other side of the table

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
GWS wrote:
keogh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Then don’t employ them

Maybe
If Lyon wants the job he can have 3 interviews and explain how he is going to be innovative
Of course it doesn’t help when Juddy thinks it’s all too hard to sit on the other side of the table

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll give you 3 guess and I'm thinking his IQ is fine.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
GWS wrote:
keogh wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Then don’t employ them

Maybe

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll give you 3 guess and I'm thinking his IQ is fine.

Regards Cazzesman

I hope so
Roos Lyon means disaster if he is appointed
That’s 2 years early Cazzeman :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
I hope so
Roos Lyon means disaster if he is appointed
That’s 2 years early Cazzeman :wink:

:thumbsup: Now tells us who should be coach, excluding Clarkson.

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 84  Next