Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Swans unearthed a future superstar last night.
McLean.
One of the best games by a big man you will ever see.

Not sure our tactics of playing him were the best

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

I haven’t watched the replay yet but at the ground I thought Martin was terrific. He makes a huge difference and it will be a big blow if he is unavailable next week. He’s clearly one of Voss’s favourites too. :wink:

Acres has become an important player for us. Credit where it’s due to Austin and the list management team. No disrespect, but can you imagine LOB putting in some of the efforts we see from Acres? Fingers crossed Acres can go again next week.

I haven’t read a lot of praise for Weitering’s game last night, but I thought he was huge. That last Swans goal wasn’t his finest moment, but at the ground you really appreciate how good he is. Saad, Walsh & Cerra too.

Docherty getting the opening goal was another genuine feel-good moment. As was Newman’s mark at the end.

Cottrell and TDK in the first half helped set the tone. Again, I’d need to watch the replay but they seemed to fade out in the 2nd half (I’ve noticed that’s a bit of a trend with TDK - although some his efforts late were crucial last night). I’m glad we played Pittonet - he gave us that physical presence you need in finals. I’m a fan of the TDK/Pittonet ruck combo. :smoking:

Aside from THAT miss, I thought Harry played his role until he got injured. I reckon we missed him in the last quarter. He would have pushed up and marked some of those kicks out of defence late.

We beat last year’s grand finalists - who have flown under the radar but been in strong form late in the season - without Charlie or Cripps having big games. Guys like Fogarty, Marchbank, Kemp, Cottrell, Cunningham, Cincotta all played their roles and had their moments. We’ve been saying for years that our ‘bottom six’ is why we come up short, but I think we’ve made important strides in that regard.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
For those on Facebook.

Designated biased footy calls are always the best...haha. This one has Andy Maher, Sellers and the Dominator.

https://fb.watch/mXlwiGiPdZ/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Thanks for posting that.

That put a big smile on the face of this rusted-on Bluebagger! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:
jim wrote:
For those on Facebook.

Designated biased footy calls are always the best...haha. This one has Andy Maher, Sellers and the Dominator.

Thanks for posting that.

Glad you enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

I wonder if the MCG record decibel readings... because last night would be right on top.

A special night to be a Carlton supporter...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

yep the noise was huge last night, when Acres kicked that goal, when Newman marked...Crippers goal...@#$%&! huge noise!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:
jim wrote:
For those on Facebook.

Thanks for posting that.

Good to see Andy Maher let off the chain. Bloke had to sit there last year while Tolstoy-lite eulogised our season.

Full send, Radar. Give it heaps.

Last edited by Crusader on Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:54 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Been reading about Acres workrate and agree it is phenomenal but Cotters workrate is something else again. Look at the "tracker" stats on the AFL sites and he is top of most of them and top 5 on ground in all. Just unbelievable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:57 pm 
Garry Crane

great win rapt BUT why do we always go the long Bomb from Fullback kick in or once again the long bomb into F50 this tactic is very costly especially we just turn it over . we are not a smart side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

CarltonClem wrote:
It’s so good being able to walk around Sydney in Carlton gear and be proud, loud and with a strut.

With apologies to the BeeGees, You can tell by the way that I use my walk I’m a Carlton man, I just can’t lose.

You enjoy it Clem. Nobody deserves this more than our NSW supporters who had to put up with 2010 & 13 :thumbsup:

Next week we get to address the 2000 QF, a game which still traumatises me. And 94 & 88 too!

missnaut wrote:
The crowd was either deafening or almost silent last night. It was odd. I guess we were all focused on the game and it was a bit of a slog at times.

I noticed that too! There were seriously times when I could hear the players calling for each other! And of course other times with the exact opposite. The roar for Cottrell's second goal was next level, mainly because from where I was I thought it was a point & couldn't work out what the fuss was about :lol:

Sydney Blue wrote:
McLean.

I was worried about him all week, killed us earlier this year at the SCG.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
Hey…..

didn’t we play a Friday night final in 95…?

against North…?

kindest regards tommi

Nah that was a Sat night mate. Geelong thrashed Richmond in the arvo at Waverley in the wet. Then we thrashed North at night at the G, in more wet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yep Saturday night -persistently raining Pagan trying to play mind games ie carlton had won many in a row and we were likely to choke
SOS murdered Carey and Carlton werent going to lose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:09 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Sydney Blue wrote:
McLean.

He kicked one goal and his team lost. Reckon I’ve seen a few better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

frank dardew wrote:
Yep Saturday night -persistently raining Pagan trying to play mind games ie carlton had won many in a row and we were likely to choke
SOS murdered Carey and Carlton werent going to lose

"The knives will be out on Royal Parade if they lose this"

He experienced that the hard way a decade or so later :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:16 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
McLean.

I think we played him into folklore in the second half. Especially after we lost Harry’s presence on the outlet.

He’s taken a dozen marks, but nine of them were uncontested.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:19 pm 
Trevor Keogh

CK95 wrote:
The only thing I don't like about this footy club right now is the way Voss says "anythingk"

micks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:
I haven’t watched the replay yet but at the ground I thought Martin was terrific. He makes a huge difference and it will be a big blow if he is unavailable next week. He’s clearly one of Voss’s favourites too. :wink:

Acres has become an important player for us. Credit where it’s due to Austin and the list management team. No disrespect, but can you imagine LOB putting in some of the efforts we see from Acres? Fingers crossed Acres can go again next week.

I haven’t read a lot of praise for Weitering’s game last night, but I thought he was huge. That last Swans goal wasn’t his finest moment, but at the ground you really appreciate how good he is. Saad, Walsh & Cerra too.

Docherty getting the opening goal was another genuine feel-good moment. As was Newman’s mark at the end.

Cottrell and TDK in the first half helped set the tone. Again, I’d need to watch the replay but they seemed to fade out in the 2nd half (I’ve noticed that’s a bit of a trend with TDK - although some his efforts late were crucial last night). I’m glad we played Pittonet - he gave us that physical presence you need in finals. I’m a fan of the TDK/Pittonet ruck combo. :smoking:

Aside from THAT miss, I thought Harry played his role until he got injured. I reckon we missed him in the last quarter. He would have pushed up and marked some of those kicks out of defence late.

We beat last year’s grand finalists - who have flown under the radar but been in strong form late in the season - without Charlie or Cripps having big games. Guys like Fogarty, Marchbank, Kemp, Cottrell, Cunningham, Cincotta all played their roles and had their moments. We’ve been saying for years that our ‘bottom six’ is why we come up short, but I think we’ve made important strides in that regard.

Reckon that sums it up to a " T " ........................ agree with all of that " Sue ". Especially the Harry bit coz i thought apart those couple of fluffing his lines moments he did very well and in fact played a lot better than Charles . But of course Charlie came home with a wet sail and redeemed himself ..........

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

McLean's a good player, great hands. But he's only a year younger than H, and H has had many better games than McLean's last night. Credit to McLean for a top performance but I agree we made him look better, partly because our tall(ish) defenders weren't following their opponents out of the defensive 50.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

missnaut wrote:
Good lord just enjoy the win in this thread and fret in the other one.

Seriously this forum has the most pathetic cohort of Carlton fans!

@#$%&! you’d think we lost judging by the mood and lack of posts and the overwhelming negativity in here.

Pathetic.

Last edited by Traveller86 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
The only thing I don't like about this footy club right now is the way Voss says "anythingk"
I don't like that the day after a big finals win, with people here from around the country, the club shop and Cafe are closed.

Bit of a lost opportunity

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next