Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

I know it wasn't a strong squad we put out there but that was still a bloody hard watch. Tackle them FFS!!

At least Williams got one to stick on Blakey at the end, enjoyed that.

Durdin Fantasia Owies Marchbank had games to forget, & hardly saw TDK get near it. Thought we might be a chance on the small ground but as it turned out they used the small space so much better than us, forced us wide then long to the wing all night.

Overall shit, but we simply must get over it & not let GC come here with their tails up & upset us.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

Dodo27 wrote:
The Recruitment of Fantasia would have to be one of the Worst we ever made!

Our forward line does not function if the big boys don't mark it. Durdin is having a shocking year and Martin keeps getting injured.

Worst moment of the Game: Last Quarter- Rowbottom runs throw Durdin, shrugs him off so easily and then kicks a goal. What a Piss Weak effort by Durdin!

Fantasia was the last picked on our list. We felt there wasn't much to lose. Was either going to struggle off so long be be at his goalkicking best. Sadly it's the former. Sometimes you take a punt on players. Our issue isn't recruiting him, it's continuing to play him.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Talent is not intent.

We have talent.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

You simply can't play 20mins of good footy in the first qtr and then resemble witches' hats from that point on. The Swans were far, far too good from that point and rightly deserve the comfortable win as well as premiership favoritism right now. Not sure what's going on with our tackling, but clearly, they cannot hold one or successfully execute an acceptable amount required effectively. We let the Swans loose far too often on the outside of the contest and they took advantage multiple times to stream forward with speed and make us pay. We turned the ball over and failed to protect the ball on the rare occasion we got it in a offensive position. Was it wet? Nup, just horrific handling.
Of course, when the last thing we needed was ANOTHER injury, especially to a KPP, we get one in Weitering. The fact is our injury list is ridiculous and its now just got bigger.
Well done Swans!
Not much else to say, except I quiver with massive fear that we will just fall in a heap and have a disastrous rest of the season. I hope I am wrong, but there are major red flags going on here.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hard to argue GWS

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:20 pm 
Bob Chitty

Really poor effort tonight. Tackling was embarrassing. Lost every 50-50 ball. Too many passengers. The one thing I’ve never understood is why more teams don’t put effort into Cripps and Walsh. Take one of them out and our midfield will struggle especially with Cerra out.
In saying that, I’m not shocked with this result. Sydney are the best team in it. Probably won’t lose at the SCG this year. 3rd time in 4 weeks playing 1st on the ladder. The other game was Melbourne who are a top 4 contender. A horrendous injury list the whole way through. Weitering going off at half time.
I’m not hitting the panic button just yet but will be reaching for it if we can’t beat GC at home next week.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Coming to the sobering realisation that we aren’t anywhere near as good as I’d hoped we’d be. In fact, we are very very ordinary.

Tonight was putrid. Absolutely putrid.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

GWS wrote:

How many of our players would you describe as “smart” footballers?.

Maybe Newman?

Maybe Acres in intent though not necessarily execution (unless it’s in the last 90 seconds).

Weiters?

Newman can be quite dumb but not tonight.

Acres and Weiters I agree with. Walsh, Saad, Kennedy, Martin, Fogarty. Gov with ball in hand,. That's probably it for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Stop Walsh and Cripps having big games and teams know Carlton don’t have much else in the midfield. It is why Cerra is so important. Kennedy and Hewett are liabilities. It is the major reason why are still making up the numbers.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

I'm watching post match. Luke hodge continues to flap about the boyd matter. Not sure if someone said something in ear piece. Ends up saying boyd isn't really in the ball park of why the sweeping of leg was outlawed, and stiff to be suspended. Quality journalism

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:31 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bender wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:
The Recruitment of Fantasia would have to be one of the Worst we ever made!

Our forward line does not function if the big boys don't mark it. Durdin is having a shocking year and Martin keeps getting injured.

Worst moment of the Game: Last Quarter- Rowbottom runs throw Durdin, shrugs him off so easily and then kicks a goal. What a Piss Weak effort by Durdin!

glen hawker says hello

so does mick mcguane

but its a close one

Mick Martyn

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

WOW wrote:
Stop Walsh and Cripps having big games and teams know Carlton don’t have much else in the midfield. It is why Cerra is so important. Kennedy and Hewett are liabilities. It is the major reason why are still making up the numbers.

There also should have been about 24 frees paid to each of them for ‘illegal’ holding, shepherding and even tackling.
Any chance Voss gets to receive a chat this week…….oh wait…..

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:39 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I was at the game tonight, just got back to my daughter’s place. She didn’t come to the game this time as she said she “doesn’t like swans supporters”, probably a good decision this time.

I wasn’t expecting a win but I also wasn’t expecting us to be so uncompetitive, even the swans fans were bored and left early en masse.

As an aside I don’t really understand these swans supporters, they chat amongst themselves all match and barely pay attention to the game. Then they all leave with 15 minutes to go. I was in the middle of a huge section of swans supporters and by the end of the game there was hardly anyone left within 20 feet of me.

As to the game, from what I saw the problem wasn’t our defence, the problem was our midfield and forward line. The swans players were just hard at the ball all night and our guys didn’t like it and were constantly second to the ball. That’s why the swans players won so many high contact frees, they just went harder at the ball all night. It all started and stopped there.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

You need a settled side. You can't have 4 ins and 4 outs every week that's what bottom 4 sides do.
Settled back 6 or 7
Settled midfield
A forward structure that plays weeks if not seasons together.

Fancy being in Sydney position where a bloke like Luke Parker can't push his way into the team.

Every year it seems before the season starts we have a best 22 thread and whilst on paper you struggle to fit every one in but after 4 to 5 games you are struggling to select 22.

Until we get to the stage where we are not gifting players games because we have so many outs we are going to be bottom of the 8 team.

We have no 200 game players
We have players on the list who should be pushing 150 game mark who have played 50 to 70.

We had 7 players tonight who haven't played 2 seasons of football.
We only had 3 over 150 games
Swans had 8 over 150 with another 5 sitting in the stands.

We are 2 to 3 seasons away from being flag contenders and that's only if we can get a clear run of injuries

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

Me sad….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

sinbagger wrote:
I was at the game tonight, just got back to my daughter’s place. She didn’t come to the game this time as she said she “doesn’t like swans supporters”, probably a good decision this time.

I wasn’t expecting a win but I also wasn’t expecting us to be so uncompetitive, even the swans fans were bored and left early en masse.

As an aside I don’t really understand these swans supporters, they chat amongst themselves all match and barely pay attention to the game. Then they all leave with 15 minutes to go. I was in the middle of a huge section of swans supporters and by the end of the game there was hardly anyone left within 20 feet of me.

As to the game, from what I saw the problem wasn’t our defence, the problem was our midfield and forward line. The swans players were just hard at the ball all night and our guys didn’t like it and were constantly second to the ball. That’s why the swans players won so many high contact frees, they just went harder at the ball all night. It all started and stopped there.

Correct. As an example, how many marks did we drop expecting contact, even when it wasn’t coming? Refused to put our head in and win the contested ball and even worse got easily pushed and out bodied at contest.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 12:00 am 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
You come up against a side that has 17 players play every game and another 3 only missed 1 and 2 more only missed 2.

You are going nowhere until you have a consistent team playing together for an extended period of time.

It's three seasons in a row of it now, I'm sick of it.
The only season in the past 7 where we had more than 3 players play every game was the covid year where they only played 17 games

Wow :eek:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:53 am 
Rod Ashman

i just think we started to protect the lead a bit too early....

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:30 am 
Adrian Gallagher

Got what we deserved tonight consistently picking players who have no form at all and not rewarding other players who have been playing well in the VFL

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:47 am 
Rod Ashman

diesel_85 wrote:
Pitto and gov can have a rest.
Gov pending weiters injury of course.
Yes he's a half decent kick but other than that doesn't offer a heap.

I hope the boys step up and put the foot on the throat of the suns next week.

6-4 with a hard draw so far is acceptable.

We were bottom 4 or there abouts this time last year.
It's not as bad as it seems, look at the cats.

Swans have a full list and were at home.
Let's win the next couple, work a few players back in and reassess.

This.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next