Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Injury thread 2024
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 10:52 am 
Robert Walls

17th Premiership wrote:
GWS wrote:
Williams’ cousin is going out with one of my stepdaughters. He’s an absolutely beautiful young guy but life is throwing shit at him at the moment. And from what I can tell the shit appears to be completely unjustified. But he’s a totally stand up guy and we’re trying to help him through it.

Sometimes things are unfair.

And that’s no doubt true for a number of our perennially injured.

I don’t know how you rationalise these things but I have faith in the current structure of the club to sort it out.

I think if Cook or Voss had a really deep seated concern around injury management I find it hard to believe there wouldn’t be any action taken.

Agree that Cook and Voss would be getting to the bottom of it.
Voss appears more relentless than ever in his pursuit to win us a flag.
Clearly there is a problem - too many soft tissue injuries and recurrences to be dumb luck. But there are many layers to work through to get to the bottom of the problem.
AR must be responsible for the overall program. But I imagine specific Physios will be managing injury recover and preparation for return. And then there are the players themselves - some have injury prone body parts, some don’t work hard enough, some push themselves too hard. Not to mention the coaches and their influence.
I have to believe that the club leaders will be getting to the bottom of it.

Hopefully, we can get through this period with a few more important wins and put ourselves in a good position come finals with a fully fit contingent of players when it counts the most!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes to this AND the major pain of these is with a core group of 5 to 6 players.........perhaps poor management by the club and themselves

Post subject: Injury thread 2024
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 12:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

I feel like AR is good with the guys who've had surgery, or have injuries that need extensive rehab.
Soft tissue doesn't seem to be his strength (lol) and unlike previous years where we've been a bit unlucky and had guys with broken bones etc, they've made up the majority of our injuries.

Maybe they need to get someone else in to work in tandem.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 2:35 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I think if our player fitness, injury and rehab management is all the responsibility of a single person we are in big trouble.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 3:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
I think if our player fitness, injury and rehab management is all the responsibility of a single person we are in big trouble.

it's not a single person, but it is the club that oversees all of it and integrates it all together. there's a weak link in the chain somewhere, bcos this injury list (like last year's) is out of control.

even mathew lloyd said this is going to cost us a flag. we've had 3 narrow losses that would have been wins, had we had more players fit (lloyd's words).

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 4:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

london blue wrote:
bender wrote:
Braithy wrote:
this is a bit of a topic close to me. it's hard to stay silent, but...

it's a combination of russell flogging them, a clueless physio dept & the club itself not open to new, progressive ways

i have physio and osteo mates with the lions who saw us back in 2020 in the covid hub, using 20 year old protocols on hammies. and he was shocked. it's 2024 and we're still running with the same people "fixing" the player's body's. our management of soft tissue is right around pub league level.

i struggle to outright just blame russell, bcos i know for a fact he tried to implement a few things when he came on board from hawthorn, and the club basically told him no, not to change that, we've always done it like this and we're not stopping that now.

that arrogance if you will, combined with our physio department's complete incompetence and lack of knowledge is conspiring to kill our season dead.

it's pretty hectic.

i'm on no way disputing what you are saying, but surely the review would have picked this up and rectified it, one would hope? i would have thought the old arrogance would have been washed away by now

i do recall reading that when russell came over he tried to implement things and was over ruled, but that was a few years now, and we do actually seem to be getting worse with our injuries, not better - case in point, motlop. hurts his toe, then does a hammy at training

regardless of who is to blame, we as supporters want someone to blame, and russell is the most obvious target

so i'm blaming him

Go ahead and blame him
While you do it, give him credit for keeping a good chunk of the list up and about most weeks carrying the load for a handful of guys perennially injured.
And while you do it give him some credit for getting Charlie and Sam on the park when many said they struggle to play to their potential

no, mate, wheres the fun in that?? how can i be a cynical and bitter old man if i look for positives?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 4:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

Braithy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

it's not a single person, but it is the club that oversees all of it and integrates it all together. there's a weak link in the chain somewhere, bcos this injury list (like last year's) is out of control.

even mathew lloyd said this is going to cost us a flag. we've had 3 narrow losses that would have been wins, had we had more players fit (lloyd's words).

unfortunately, velvet is not wrong. we really only needed fog and doc and we beat adelaide, and probably collingwood.

kicking 2.8 lost us the game against the cats, no lack of injuries would have fixed that

someone mentioned earlier about our list and our premiership window being closed by injuries, and they are right. we will make the 8, but i dont think we will finish top 4, with the swans and cats going so well and the cheats having a dream run, it only leaves one spot between us, the dees, the giants and possibly collingwood, so these injuries have been season defining

however you paint it though, we are now stuck in this position, of our own making, and if we get half of them back on the park for finals, anything could happen

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 5:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Essendon* are not making top 4

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 5:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

grrofunger wrote:
Essendon** are not making top 4

as much as it pains me, they are playing well and have an easy run, so will get their confidence up. they wont win a final, which will make them finishing top 4 even better, but its theirs for the losing at the moment

its times like these i'm glad im not in oz

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bender wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Essendon*** are not making top 4

as much as it pains me, they are playing well and have an easy run, so will get their confidence up. they wont win a final, which will make them finishing top 4 even better, but its theirs for the losing at the moment

Do the ladder predictor. They'll do well to even make the 8. They've had a soft run, but that doesn't last.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

We have the easiest post-bye run on paper and they have the hardest. Apparently.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

The_Cranium wrote:
bender wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Essendon**** are not making top 4

Do the ladder predictor. They'll do well to even make the 8. They've had a soft run, but that doesn't last.

one can only hope!!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:05 am 
Geoff Southby

i'd love to see Essendon* make the top 4 and then go out in straight sets.

the meltdowns would be spectacular.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:33 am 
Bruce Doull

Anyone else see Footy Classified?
They were talking about Carlton's run with injuries and flower McGuire says "Collingwood are going through the same thing".

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/ ... 4452288895

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:16 am 
Rod Ashman

bender wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Essendon*** are not making top 4

They’ve hardly played any of the better sides.

I flowering hate them and I hope they’re into the gear and get found out again.

flowering cauliflowers

And their coach has a league equaling most punchable head

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:46 am 
Bruce Doull

They'll make the 8 but not the top 4.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 12:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

Wojee wrote:
Anyone else see Footy Classified?
They were talking about Carlton's run with injuries and flower McGuire says "Collingwood are going through the same thing".

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/ ... 4452288895

I had some dimwit try and tell me the same.
Sure they've got injuries but the majority aren't soft tissues.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

this is alarming

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/17/ ... ry-crisis/

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 6:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:

SB - Damn right it is.

I love Cook and Vossy, but surely this is evidence of at least questionable injury management in our club.

I have said it elsewhere on this site, BUT, at the very, very least an independant reiew should be done, Russell held to account and explain, etc etc. Enough is Enough!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 4:27 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Is it unusual that Cerra and Cunningham are running in an image released of training today?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 4:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

Well they aint gonna do hammies just standing around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next