Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: 2022 All Australian
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Wojee wrote:
GWS wrote:
How is Hawkins Captain?

His own club hasn’t even made him a vice-captain.

Everyone who follows footy when Hawkins was announced captain:

Even Hawkins was shocked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:52 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

I was prepared to concede that he might make a single step on his journey of 1000 miles towards justifying the AA captaincy if only he'd singlehandedly ripped the heart out of the black and white scum today, but he let humanity down big time. Clearly Cripps is the rightful captain not this wannabee skipper (who is not even his club captain so how can he be even eligible to be assessed as the most worthy captain?) a mere pretender to the throne Ipso facto the so-called "vice captain" is de jure ("of right" or "according to law") captain - all hail Capt'n Crippa!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:04 am 
Ken Hunter

Not worth getting upset mate. I’m Rozee got a guernsey on the back of 2 months of good games, not even outstanding. CFC just need to start winning premierships and become the power team we once where and leave the individual awards to others.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Not worth getting upset mate. I’m Rozee got a guernsey on the back of 2 months of good games, not even outstanding. CFC just need to start winning premierships and become the power team we once where and leave the individual awards to others.

I remember in 1970 when Jezza was the first Carlton player to kick 100 goals, but didn't win the Coleman.
What he did do is take the mark of the Century in the same game he won the Premiership. I still argue about that mark being the greatest of all time.

A young fella, Craig Bradley played well enough to win a Brownlow after Brownlow, but didnt. Perhaps the lip he gave umpires was the reason. He was a competitor. Obviously the Brownlow wasn't important to him. He won 3 Flags.

But after Diesel was robbed of a Brownlow medal in 1993 by Umpire Russo, I felt Carlton was robbed, and that individual Award meant something to me, in a year we lost the GF.

https://www.afana.com/news/2006/09/27/potential-brownlow-scandal

In 1995, Diesel won the Norm Smith, Brownlow and Premiership medal. Whilst the Flag was and still is the most important Award, a Team Award, the Norm Smith and Brownlow topped off a great Carlton year. Now that felt good...nah...great.

We all agree Flags are the reason Carlton play football, but I cant help myself wanting Carlton players to win every Award possible, including All Australians. I cant believe Docherty wasnt even in the AA squad of 40, let alone win the Most Courageous medal. I would rather see that as a mistake by Gerard Healy and his AA selector mates, rather than a reason to devalue the All Australian Caps awarded to Carlton players.

We want to win everything, but Flags are the objective at Carlton.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
A young fella, Craig Bradley played well enough to win a Brownlow after Brownlow, but didnt. Perhaps the lip he gave umpires was the reason. He was a competitor. Obviously the Brownlow wasn't important to him. He won 3 Flags.

1987, 1995 and …?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GWS wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

1987, 1995 and …?

1993 after Essendon** got disqualified for cheating the salary cap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
GWS wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

1987, 1995 and …?

1993 after Essendon*** got disqualified for cheating the salary cap.

Yeah...thats what I was going to say :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

& the 1997 preseason....