Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

snakehips wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
We need talls. Is there a good enough mature KPD we can pick up in the mid season draft? A Mihocek type?
I've seen Wade Derksen's name mentioned in a few dispatches here and there, he's currently playing WAFL for Peel Thunder. Has been added to the list of eligible players for the MSD which would suggest a club or two might be interested, though I have no idea if we're one of them.

SEN website wrote:
Some list managers have also mentioned WAFL key position player Wade Derksen.

Derksen, who hails from Darwin, is said to have grown 12cm inside the last two years and has won admirers for his start to the season at Peel Thunder.

The 20-year-old is listed on the WAFL website as 195cm and 90kg. He had spent two seasons on Essendon**’s VFL list but only managed one game due to Covid cancellations.

According to this, he was denied an exemption to nominate-
https://www.afl.com.au/news/759088/mid- ... o-nominate

Therefore there can be no doubt that we were the club interested in him… :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
snakehips wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
We need talls. Is there a good enough mature KPD we can pick up in the mid season draft? A Mihocek type?
I've seen Wade Derksen's name mentioned in a few dispatches here and there, he's currently playing WAFL for Peel Thunder. Has been added to the list of eligible players for the MSD which would suggest a club or two might be interested, though I have no idea if we're one of them.

SEN website wrote:

Derksen, who hails from Darwin, is said to have grown 12cm inside the last two years and has won admirers for his start to the season at Peel Thunder.

The 20-year-old is listed on the WAFL website as 195cm and 90kg. He had spent two seasons on Essendon***’s VFL list but only managed one game due to Covid cancellations.

On BF some posters have said that he has been granted an exemption …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigGartos wrote:
Did there used to be a playing list with contract status included in previous versions of this topic?
Or does it reside elsewhere?

Hey Big Al, check this out.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out_of_contract_players

I'm coming down for the Swans game, then back for Pies game...lets

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:00 am 
Bert Deacon

aboynamedsue wrote:
snakehips wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

SEN website wrote:

The 20-year-old is listed on the WAFL website as 195cm and 90kg. He had spent two seasons on Essendon***’s VFL list but only managed one game due to Covid cancellations.

Yes, I read that he was initially ruled ineligible but a number of players were subsequently granted permission, including Derksen.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/763122/permission-granted-eight-more-players-given-approval-for-msd

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

snakehips wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
snakehips wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

SEN website wrote:

The 20-year-old is listed on the WAFL website as 195cm and 90kg. He had spent two seasons on Essendon****’s VFL list but only managed one game due to Covid cancellations.

Yes, I read that he was initially ruled ineligible but a number of players were subsequently granted permission, including Derksen.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/763122/permission-granted-eight-more-players-given-approval-for-msd

Ah thanks, obviously it’s not us that’s looking to draft him - the AFL wouldn’t do us a turn like that!

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

See the big Frankston ruckman Liam Reidy is on the list .

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Zac Strom is someone defintely worth looking at. Ready made mature player than can play both ends. Good for a couple fo years whilst we hopefully develop some others

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

I hope we are also looking at Connor Ballenden fmr Lion

23 years old, 200cm and 100kg and having a good season in SANFL playing Ruck/Fwd. Can also play KPD.

Lots of upside

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wade Dersken sounds like some guy from Escape from New York. Impossible to envision Wade as a flaky winger.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Connor Wade and Zac well @#$%&! me we are in contemporary US sitcom

Post subject: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:50 am 
Ken Hunter

I keep thinking Dirka Dirka when I see that name.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:30 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'll be interested to see if they have they tried to ramp up the fitness of our ruck coach to see if his body stands up to the rigours?
It would be handy to have his guile and size around the stoppages at the moment. At 33 he's about 12 months younger than Goldstein or Ryder.
If he could fill a void until Pitto comes back later in the year, it may be worth the risk as a last list spot.

I understood the concept of playing Cripps in the ruck on the weekend so JSOS could spend more time up forward but it took away from Cripps game IMHO and it wont work against teams with 2 decent ruckmen. It would also allow TDK to spend more time forward whilst Harry is injured.

Hail Mary selection? Maybe but could it be worth a final list spot as it appears we'll have 2 selections if we want them.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:49 am 
Craig Bradley

Surely Glass-McCasker is our first pick?

Tall support at either end, and he’s already in the building, so a short contract (that might extend) won’t throw his current non-footy life into turmoil.

If there’s a second pick, my guess is that it would also be tall.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:53 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What's B-SOS' form been like in VFL? Is he any chance to get picked up?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
I'll be interested to see if they have they tried to ramp up the fitness of our ruck coach to see if his body stands up to the rigours?
It would be handy to have his guile and size around the stoppages at the moment. At 33 he's about 12 months younger than Goldstein or Ryder.
If he could fill a void until Pitto comes back later in the year, it may be worth the risk as a last list spot.

I understood the concept of playing Cripps in the ruck on the weekend so JSOS could spend more time up forward but it took away from Cripps game IMHO and it wont work against teams with 2 decent ruckmen. It would also allow TDK to spend more time forward whilst Harry is injured.

Hail Mary selection? Maybe but could it be worth a final list spot as it appears we'll have 2 selections if we want them.

Imagine the Carlton PR going into overdrive: "Kreuzin' for a bruisin': The Prodigal Son Returns"

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
What's B-SOS' form been like in VFL? Is he any chance to get picked up?

Hasn’t been playing

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 1:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Crusader wrote:
Surely Glass-McCasker is our first pick?

Tall support at either end, and he’s already in the building, so a short contract (that might extend) won’t throw his current non-footy life into turmoil.

If there’s a second pick, my guess is that it would also be tall.

Been barely okay in games I've seen

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Looks like 2 picks in the mid season draft. Could easily pick up 2 readymade talls. Desperately needed

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
Looks like 2 picks in the mid season draft. Could easily pick up 2 readymade talls. Desperately needed

Yes a ruck/forward then a key defender
There's a few out there but other clubs are looking too.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 5:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

jezzarules wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Yes a ruck/forward then a key defender
There's a few out there but other clubs are looking too.

Hope so :thumbsup:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 93  Next