Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
dablues wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Eleni umpiring.
My excitement for this game has reached fever pitch

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

She will crucify us tomorrow. There will be no resurrection!
Would have to be one of the worst umpires of modern time. Atrocious decision making and clearly anti- Carlton.
Nevertheless I will watch her closely.

Don’t think she’s anti-Carlton but she’s certainly incompetent, Nathan Williamson is clearly anti-Carlton and a dead set cheat when he umpires us.

Ellen is ok..............its that Hitler youth Williamson who is a complete shit umpire of the highest order.Atrocious he is.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
AGRO wrote:
dablues wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Eleni umpiring.

Would have to be one of the worst umpires of modern time. Atrocious decision making and clearly anti- Carlton.

Don’t think she’s anti-Carlton but she’s certainly incompetent, Nathan Williamson is clearly anti-Carlton and a dead set cheat when he umpires us.

Call him for what he is - a cheat!!!

Ellen is ok..............its that Hitler youth Williamson who is a complete shit umpire of the highest order.Atrocious he is.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
No Betts, Marchbank Carroll or Cottrell in the 2s

Marchbank and Carroll out injured :cry:

Does anyone know if Marchbank even exists anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:41 am 
Harry Vallence

How can Casboult still find a place in this team. He has been deplorable for an extended period and part of our losing culture.

Hanging our hat on his ability to play second ruck is nonsensical.

Surely we need to move on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:50 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
AGRO wrote:
dablues wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Eleni umpiring.

Call him for what he is - a cheat!!!

Nathan Williamson is an ego centric narcissist.
Why else would you blatantly cheat infront of 20 cameras and a 50000 crowd?
Attention. He wants to be noticed.

His wiring is askew, he doesn't care how he gets the attention...5 minutes of fame type.
Except this sick man does it every Carlton game to gain a reputation as a "tough" umpire?
Like I said he has his wires crossed. Confuses Tough with cheating.
Carlton will have the last laugh Nathan.

Don't let off Eleni with the incompetence tag. Eleni is a cheat too.
Is she your cousin Agro? You're being too nice.
She is going to try and spoil our fun.
She loves the noise of the crowd. Another who has her wires crossed.

Eleni they aren't cheering you on, they are booing you!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Today,

the players and the coach are in the spotlight/ firing line.

Today, is the day we find out if Teague is able to get his message across about the minimum expectations of a good AFL player. Carlton players have been playing unaccountable football (the exception Weitering Newnes and Curnow). The rest of them need to realise the season has started and they all have an opponent to beat.

Today, we find out if Teague has adjusted his game plan to stop the easy goals, and the to conserve some energy to use in red time. WE have gone all kamakaze on attack and laboured to get back to defend. We leaked 9 goals in red time vs 1 against the Tigers and lost by 4 goals, and leaked 6 goals to 1 vs Pies in Red time in a game we lost by 4 goals.

Today, we find out about our often criticised 1st Round picks vs Freos celebrated 1st round picks, when they clash head on.

Walsh (1), Dow (3), Setterfield (5) vs Brayshaw (2), Cerra (4), Serong (8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I hope our 32 year old tagger sits on their 35 yo midfielder and linkman, Mundy.

Let Ed do what he does best, and adds value to the team.

Quote:
Some coaches allow a high-possession opposition player to take full charge, and gain confidence before trying to negate his effectiveness. By then it is generally too late. If a tag makes even just the slightest difference in providing a positive outcome, it is worth it.

There are some players in the competition, like Ed Curnow and Matt de Boer, who are not free-running ball magnets, but when given a job like a tag become extremely effective.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouse-art-of-defence-in-danger-of-being-eroded-from-afl-history/news-story/767c2e707f28f1812e779931fc84532c

Teague has to use this weapon from the get go. Give Ed a job, an important one from the get go, not after half time when the damage is done.

We have no replacement for Ed, but he can show any potential heir to his thrown how to apply a hard tag on an opponent and get a kick himself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cripps vs Fyfe aint going to happen given Fyfe is out with concussion, and plays more KPF in 2021.

I expect Cripps to be tagged.

We will know how credible Andrew Russell and Teague lip service/ injury report is regarding Cripps' fitness.

I'm sure the media have stung Cripps this week and expect to see a leader, with a more defensive mindset than he has in the first 2 outings.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:20 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
I hope our 32 year old tagger sits on their 35 yo midfielder and linkman, Mundy.

Quote:
Some coaches allow a high-possession opposition player to take full charge, and gain confidence before trying to negate his effectiveness. By then it is generally too late. If a tag makes even just the slightest difference in providing a positive outcome, it is worth it.

There are some players in the competition, like Ed Curnow and Matt de Boer, who are not free-running ball magnets, but when given a job like a tag become extremely effective.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouse-art-of-defence-in-danger-of-being-eroded-from-afl-history/news-story/767c2e707f28f1812e779931fc84532c

Teague has to use this weapon from the get go. Give Ed a job, an important one from the get go, not after half time when the damage is done.

We have no replacement for Ed, but he can show any potential heir to his thrown how to apply a hard tag on an opponent and get a kick himself.

We do not need a tagger, we need accountable footballers who are coached well to defend their player when needed and have good skills to attack when we win the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
If I look at last year’s All-Australian backline, the one common thread is that these players back themselves against their direct opponent — Brad Sheppard, Harris Andrews, Luke Ryan, Nick Haynes, Darcy Moore and Darcy Byrne-Jones weren’t picked for their attacking flair. They were picked because of their ability to play hard, tough, unrelenting, one-on-one defence, and then came the flair.

Natural flair is incidental compared to defensive work.

But watching last year and particularly looking at the Round 2 Carlton-Collingwood match, Lachie Plowman (is not the Blues’ Robinson Crusoe) and Liam Jones to a degree, allowed their opponents (Jordan De Goey, Brody Mihocek and Mason Cox) too much room and the luxury of leading into space. It was Carlton’s downfall.

Sam Docherty, who I love as a player and who is coming off knee issues, needs to address his starting point and become a lot more physical. As co-captain he can’t go another match without a tackle. He must set a physical example for a tame Blues’ backline.

Contrast that with the way Nick Vlastuin, Dylan Grimes, Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, Jeremy Howe, Andrew Harris, Callum Wilkie and Jeremy McGovern transition their play from highly defensive to offensive at the right time, and you can see why these players are so hard to beat one-on-one.

2 things today for the defenders:

Don't go blaming the coach for your man, and Its time to tighten up on your man, to make sure they know of your presence, and, mids, or 7th defender, fill the holes to block the leading lane. Simple stuff.

FFS, Tackle, Tackle, Harass, Harass, Spoil, Shepherd, Block, Scratch, knee, elbow...win the one on one, and stop this stupid laid back method of defense called "corralling". Supporters are sick of this Carlton way of defending.

There's plenty of examples now of how winning footy is played in 2021 of the virtues of attacking the ball and man instead of the insipid corralling, see Crows, Swans and Freo...and even Druggies can do it now.

If we attack the man and ball with ferocity, we play to our strengths as a contested team, we can win this by 10 goals today.

Its a fast track, where marking strength should help with the win. Harry, Levi and Silvagni should be fit to play this week (MC, I'm looking at Levi). They hold the advantage of height in the forwardline so I expect 10 from them alone.

Go Blues

Happy Easter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

redback wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Quote:

We do not need a tagger, we need accountable footballers who are coached well to defend their player when needed and have good skills to attack when we win the ball.

redback, in this post, I'm talking about one player. The player who when he plays wing first 2 rounds doesnt do the role justice, and as soon as he's been given a role in the 2nd half, both games, he has excelled and quelled his opponent.

Why play Ed if he doesn't tag? He's one who at least gets his share of disposals when he does tag. He can tag and frankly, his skills are questionable; don't you reckon?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

WOW wrote:
How can Casboult still find a place in this team. He has been deplorable for an extended period and part of our losing culture.

Yep....we need a 2nd ruck/ fwd; that's next year.

He has been selected to play. We can't change that now.

Lets see what the MC have install for us today with Levi. Better be good, or else...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:48 am 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh (1), Dow (3), Setterfield (5) vs Brayshaw (2), Cerra (4), Serong (8)

Poor old Walsh. That's 3 against 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:04 am 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Quote:
If I look at last year’s All-Australian backline, the one common thread is that these players back themselves against their direct opponent — Brad Sheppard, Harris Andrews, Luke Ryan, Nick Haynes, Darcy Moore and Darcy Byrne-Jones weren’t picked for their attacking flair. They were picked because of their ability to play hard, tough, unrelenting, one-on-one defence, and then came the flair.

Natural flair is incidental compared to defensive work.

But watching last year and particularly looking at the Round 2 Carlton-Collingwood match, Lachie Plowman (is not the Blues’ Robinson Crusoe) and Liam Jones to a degree, allowed their opponents (Jordan De Goey, Brody Mihocek and Mason Cox) too much room and the luxury of leading into space. It was Carlton’s downfall.

Sam Docherty, who I love as a player and who is coming off knee issues, needs to address his starting point and become a lot more physical. As co-captain he can’t go another match without a tackle. He must set a physical example for a tame Blues’ backline.

Contrast that with the way Nick Vlastuin, Dylan Grimes, Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, Jeremy Howe, Andrew Harris, Callum Wilkie and Jeremy McGovern transition their play from highly defensive to offensive at the right time, and you can see why these players are so hard to beat one-on-one.

2 things today for the defenders:

Don't go blaming the coach for your man, and Its time to tighten up on your man, to make sure they know of your presence, and, mids, or 7th defender, fill the holes to block the leading lane. Simple stuff.

FFS, Tackle, Tackle, Harass, Harass, Spoil, Shepherd, Block, Scratch, knee, elbow...win the one on one, and stop this stupid laid back method of defense called "corralling". Supporters are sick of this Carlton way of defending.

There's plenty of examples now of how winning footy is played in 2021 of the virtues of attacking the ball and man instead of the insipid corralling, see Crows, Swans and Freo...and even Druggies can do it now.

If we attack the man and ball with ferocity, we play to our strengths as a contested team, we can win this by 10 goals today.

Its a fast track, where marking strength should help with the win. Harry, Levi and Silvagni should be fit to play this week (MC, I'm looking at Levi). They hold the advantage of height in the forwardline so I expect 10 from them alone.

Go Blues

Happy Easter

1. Corralling is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what Richmond do. Get it through your flowering half-wit heads coaches. Do the maths...if you run at an opponent at say 4 m/s and you either corral or hesitate for 1/2 a second, that's a 2m gift of space you have given your opponent. Also, do the physics. If you hesitate and have to start running again after hesitating, your momentum when you tackle is diminished. Go at the ball carrier with momentum and intent to tackle and your own momentum increases the effectiveness of the tackle SIGNIFICANTLY
2. Watch Sydney yesterday...if you are going to be tackled, tap it on to the next contest rather than pick it up only to be tackled. It's COMMON FLOWERING SENSE

Lose today and Teague's AFL coaching career is hanging by a thread...and that's not being dramatic (0-3 with GC over there and PA in the next two weeks)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

WOW wrote:

Our match committee is clueless. Beyond idiotic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:24 am 
Rod Ashman

Blues by a cricket score today!
Please?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:40 am 
Wayne Johnston

I think we’ll win today and there will be much back slapping amongst the players, we might even win two in a row, then we’ll lose the next three. Then the story will repeat.

One swallow does not make a summer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:45 am 
Garry Crane

Can’t seem to reserve my AFL members seat for today. Is there a chance AFL members are sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:45 am 
Rod Ashman

All good points raised by everyone. But we'll still win!
GO BLUES :fight:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:08 am 
Ken Hands

sammywaslow wrote:
Can’t seem to reserve my AFL members seat for today. Is there a chance AFL members are sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely none. No one wants to go to this game hence why it is in the grave yard time slot of 3.20 Easter Sunday.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next