Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:46 am 
Wayne Johnston

Bluetears wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Welcome aboard Bluetears for Fears.

It is embarrassing. The only consolation thus far has been we may have played top teams which we can determine later in the year. Tigers are the best team at this stage, so the loss was expected.

Thanks bondiblue.
I am still hoping they can realise that and also fix a few of the issues from those games. Get a few wins in a row and their mental state could completely change. Like probably most here we wouldn't mind missing finals even this year as long as they can improve as a team and at least loose because the other team was better. Loosing because of playing poorly is the thing that hurts the most.

Every team is a top team for us.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:44 am 
Garry Crane

Walsh wrote:
I really do believe we have a super talented list but not the game style that suits the list.

No. No we don’t. Walsh is talented. Maybe 2 or 3 others. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am 
Harry Vallence

The issues go beyond the game plan

Teague is dealing with a club that has been losing consistently for 20 years

Cultural issues that is beyond him to manage without a quality senior mentor providing him guidance

Having John Barker as a senior assistant coach is pitiful

He should have been shown the door a long time ago

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

Ruckmen are filling the hole in the back line again. How are we using ours?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:30 am 
Harry Vallence

How do you change a losing, soft culture.
Drop a 22 year old.
How Plowman, Murphy, Levi and Doc survive is exactly why this club will never be any good. You had your chance David to make a statement but yet again it's all talk this club
The bulldogs drop Wallis, the Tigers drop Rioli but we'll be right coz it's acceptable to laugh while your getting 5 goals kicked on you. It's acceptable to play forward without offering any pressure or taking any marks or tackling. It's also OK for our running defender to turn the ball over consistently and offer nothing defensively at the moment..
Absolutely terrible match Comittee decisions with the players in our 2's thinking why bother. If your allowing senior guys to do what they want without any consequences then we come back to the definition of insanity, do the same old crap and expect different results. We are a rabble and it looks like nothing will change. I bet if we win everything will be rosy but really it's masking an underbelly of our once great club that is officially a basket case.
David Teague you've officially lost me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 pm 
Robert Walls

deano35 wrote:
Drop a 22 year old.
How Plowman, Murphy, Levi and Doc survive is exactly why this club will never be any good. You had your chance David to make a statement but yet again it's all talk this club
The bulldogs drop Wallis, the Tigers drop Rioli but we'll be right coz it's acceptable to laugh while your getting 5 goals kicked on you. It's acceptable to play forward without offering any pressure or taking any marks or tackling. It's also OK for our running defender to turn the ball over consistently and offer nothing defensively at the moment..
Absolutely terrible match Comittee decisions with the players in our 2's thinking why bother. If your allowing senior guys to do what they want without any consequences then we come back to the definition of insanity, do the same old crap and expect different results. We are a rabble and it looks like nothing will change. I bet if we win everything will be rosy but really it's masking an underbelly of our once great club that is officially a basket case.
David "Out of his League-Teague" you've officially lost me.

EFA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

deano35 wrote:
Drop a 22 year old.
David Teague you've officially lost me.

I agree to a degree...

Doc has played well except in red time in both games. I was highly critical of him in praccy and first 2 rounds, till I watched the replays. Its the last things you see you remember most especially the fumbles.

Who do you replace Plowman with? Marchbank is not playing. Who else?
Parks should take Williamsons spot because he's more versatile and has more weapons.

Levi should not be playing given he's underdone and we have Oscar. Big mistake last 2 weeks. Levi better be fit enough to compete and win his position or the MC will not hear the end of it.

Murphy is OK, but he can play 23rd man and be OK too. Betts is better, Fish is better, martin is better, Gibbons is better....Philp only got back today for 2021

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

Hard to argue why other teams have gone past us irrespective of talent when watching the swans today when our team/club does not

- tackle

- have a consistent game plan B

- an inclusive game plan

- a selection philosophy that rewards players on merit rather than past service. we all know who I am talking about.

- have players in their natural positions eg SPS

Even if the swannies get done in the second half their first half is a beacon.

If Teague should go forget Clarkson or even Lyon. Get Longmuire.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 pm 
Robert Walls

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Hard to argue why other teams have gone past us irrespective of talent when watching the swans today when our team/club does not

- tackle

- an inclusive game plan

- a selection philosophy that rewards players on merit rather than past service. we all know who I am talking about.

That’s a good plan so long as he comes with an academy as well

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Even just an academy of hairdressing would help us at this point

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Teddy Hopkins wrote:

- tackle

- an inclusive game plan

Loved what you did there Teddy ....... Longmire or Longmuir ???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy One wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:

- tackle

- an inclusive game plan

:lol: :lol: :lol:

4-5 Academy players vs our 22 x 1st round picked players and 5 x 2nd rounders.

Note: only 13 of the 1st rounders and 2 of the 2nd rounders played last week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Navy One wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:

- tackle

- an inclusive game plan

Thank you. Longmire.

Swans have never really been down under his watch. Why, because he is a good coach and changes with the times. Simple.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Swans and Don's showing what happens if you play with pressure and intent..... AND the other mob don't!

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

billc3 wrote:
Swans and Don's showing what happens if you play with pressure and intent..... AND the other mob don't!

Go Blues

Exactly Billy..................anything is possible if you believe.Belief,simple as that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

Other clubs don’t fall for our faux pressure - they all know we can’t sustain it, so with a little push back we generally turn up our toes and go home.

It’s the reverse of what used to happen when teams played Carlton in the 70’s, 80’s and most of the 90’s, we’d turn on a quarter and the other teams would fold up their tents and go home.

As a club we don’t engender any fear to opposition.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

As a club we don’t engender any fear to opposition.

Any chance you can blow this up into a huge banner and hang it in our change room at each game?

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:04 pm 
Laurie Kerr

There isn't any incentive to work hard and Carlton and there hasn't been for 20 years.

Young players get to watch senior players like Murphy and Casboult put in half assed efforts week after week and continually be selected, whilst players in the VFL are named in the best week after week and be ignored.

We've got players who will have a laugh with the opposition after they've had half a dozen goals kicked on them. Reckon Longmire, Simpson, Scott or Hardwick would wear that?

We're currently nursing a sub par player to 300 games because he supposedly knocked back a lucrative offer during our leaner years, that sums up where we're at as a club.

A table was broken by Teague during the week and players were told to expect time in the VFL after the performance against Collingwood. Which players? Tom Williamson? Give me a spell.

There isn't one thing about this club at the moment that leads me to believe we're on the right track.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:23 am 
Rod Ashman

SackedByMack wrote:
There isn't any incentive to work hard and Carlton and there hasn't been for 20 years.

Young players get to watch senior players like Murphy and Casboult put in half assed efforts week after week and continually be selected, whilst players in the VFL are named in the best week after week and be ignored.

We've got players who will have a laugh with the opposition after they've had half a dozen goals kicked on them. Reckon Longmire, Simpson, Scott or Hardwick would wear that?

We're currently nursing a sub par player to 300 games because he supposedly knocked back a lucrative offer during our leaner years, that sums up where we're at as a club.

A table was broken by Teague during the week and players were told to expect time in the VFL after the performance against Collingwood. Which players? Tom Williamson? Give me a spell.

There isn't one thing about this club at the moment that leads me to believe we're on the right track.

100%

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:12 am 
Robert Walls

SackedByMack wrote:

I blame the CLUB for giving Teague the job without a process

BUT BUT BUT...Teague was given the job. He has the power to drive standards, change behaviours and improve the culture. Teague can do one of two things (1) continue the rot of the last 20 years or (2) be seen as the one who took a stand against 20 years of mediocrity and was doing something about it

Right now, for me anyway, he is enabling the rot with his onfield ideals and decisions...Maybe the brutal review is a line in the sand and he's given some players one more chance...let's wait and see how the next 4-6 weeks pan out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 266  Next