Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 am 
Bruce Doull

david31 wrote:
We missed a trick in the off season by not introducing some fresh perspectives or a senior mentor into the coaching group.

Yep was thinking about this the other day when I heard someone from the Demons interviewed, can't recall who it was but they said Mark Williams has been awesome for them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bluetears wrote:
Hi all.
Been a blues supporter for 45 years, and my current feelings of the team is disappointment, and even embarresment.

I really feel repleacing teague as coach is grasping at straws. We had an angry, win at all cost, ex multi premiership coach in mick malthouse. Getting alistair clarkson would be no different to then i feel. Why did MM really leave anyway? I wouldn't be suprised if he was being too restricted by the board, not being able to drop under performers from the team because of the "free ride thing" (qouta's and man crushes by the board?). Maybee along that line of thinking its the board creating and dictatingthis pox culture.
Yes i thing teague is not coaching well. I wonder if he is being asked to coach this way or if its his own choice. At least he needs to employ some form of "punishments" for shit performances.. not constant reasurances and being told "not to worry, will do better next week". Thats garbage and been shown to be very empty meaningless words.
Which is also why docherty is a joke for a captain. Cripps should be captain ALONE. Cripps is a winner and a natural leader. Docherty is a loser and soft.
We need Mike Iceberg as CEO "you only get one chance!!!" :)

Welcome aboard Bluetears for Fears.

It is embarrassing. The season has a "Can you smell what the Blues are cooking" whiff about it.

It has been exposed/ discussed adnauseam in the media/ social media that the game plan is imbalanced and impossible to defend when turnovers occur, so we need to see adjustments, not the same old promises.

The only consolation thus far has been we may have played top teams which we can determine later in the year. Tigers are the best team at this stage, so the loss was expected. The last 5 minutes was unacceptable TBH.

Football is a ruthless business on and off the field. Sadly none of that quality is evident with the currrent team and coaches. Its obvious when the players are below standard they need to be dropped regardless who they are. Its an action which has many messages: Go down to the VFL and find form. lets give a younger bloke a go as he couldn't do much worse. Select uncompromising players. Maybe the coach doesn't know how to make changes because he doesn't see the obvious consequences till too late.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
david31 wrote:
We missed a trick in the off season by not introducing some fresh perspectives or a senior mentor into the coaching group.

Yep was thinking about this the other day when I heard someone from the Demons interviewed, can't recall who it was but they said Mark Williams has been awesome for them.

We have done @#$%&! all getting quality in other than Andrew Russsell.

Club Leaders are asleep at the wheel or, Carlton is where coaches on training wheels come to practice their theories and to find out if they can coach or not.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
david31 wrote:

Williams is one...Melbourne.

Another great recrcuit to the coaching staff is Pyke at Swans

We should have found an experienced head to replace Neil Craig when he retired.

Asleep at the wheel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:49 am 
John Nicholls

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
david31 wrote:

Williams is one...Melbourne.

Another great recrcuit to the coaching staff is Pyke at Swans

We should have found an experienced head to replace Neil Craig when he retired.

Asleep at the wheel.

Yep. The beginning of Bolton's demise was when Neil Craig retired. I truly believe that. Bolton was always a micro manager, but his mentor enabled him to take enough of a step back that players could breathe. When the mentor left, Bolton clamped down and things went south.

I think Teague's gone too much the other way. Too much "belief" and "freedom", not enough accountability and drilled-in structure. Quite possibly because he's trying to counterweight what Bolton did.

I'd sound out Luke Hodge. He was a mongrel on field but he really gets the game and he's a true leader in standards.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 am 
Harry Vallence

The problem David Teague now has is that he is more interested in building relationships with players and being nice than being ruthless and setting a winning culture. It's a boys club down there with everyone singing Kumbaya while sipping on soy lattes. Teams must love playing us knowing it's an easy kill, Adam Simpson pointed that out on the Doco when he stressed to his players that our club is weak and isn't 'Up for the fight'.....
Gifting games to loyal servants and bringing back old friends rather than making tough calls doesn't change a losing, weak , boys club culture whereby current players know that whatever effort they put in won't result in them being dropped but it's like groundhog day with the same players in and out over the course of a season.
Now it is only early into his coaching career BUT the sign's aren't looking great early for David when we continue to start games slowly and give up goals easily.
Like many on here have mentioned, the time for dropping Murphy has passed and giving him an extra year along with Betts is a terrible decision, Boys Club mmmmmmmm
Nice guys finish last David and unless you start becoming ruthless and it starts at Match committee then unfortunately we will be stuck in no man's land for another 3 years.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:27 am 
Harry Vallence

Who comprises the "match committee"?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:00 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
david31 wrote:

We have done @#$%&! all getting quality in other than Andrew Russsell.

Club Leaders are asleep at the wheel or, Carlton is where coaches on training wheels come to practice their theories and to find out if they can coach or not.

Because Andrew Russell is going so beautifully - I mean look at how few injuries we have and how well we are running out quarters and games :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

deano35 wrote:
The problem David Teague now has is that he is more interested in building relationships with players and being nice than being ruthless and setting a winning culture. It's a boys club down there with everyone singing Kumbaya while sipping on soy lattes. Teams must love playing us knowing it's an easy kill, Adam Simpson pointed that out on the Doco when he stressed to his players that our club is weak and isn't 'Up for the fight'.....

We are an AFL industry wide joke, is it any wonder why we can’t attract decent assistant coaches no-one wants to be associated with us.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

When are we going to see evidence of improvement?

We went through another media fluff build up to the start of the season, with the theme of "belief" and other meaningless rubbish. Carlton is primed to play finals etc etc....

What have we seen? Here is some observations:

1. The usual suspects being gifted games despite their effort and/or form not being acceptable.
2. The continued inability to defend against small forwards
3. The continued inability for Teague and co to make effective changes to mitigate 5 goal runs (I think its now 20 out of Teagues last 30 games as coach this has occurred) and /or adjust to opposition players impacting the game.
4. The continued lack of connection between the midfield and the forward line
5. Zero two way running from the midfield to support the defense when needed.

I could go on....

We have been 0 and 2 for what like 9 years in a row. What do we get from the coach? The typical "belief" or some other silly meaningless description which holds zero comfort for supporters. Teague is far too passive. He should be seething. The supporters are. The team should be. Then we see the photo of Plowman laughing after the game with a Collingwood player. On the opposite side, we see the photo of Walsh who is clearly heartbroken. I acknowledge its probably a clever media action to get click bait, but the story it tells are a part of the issues with this team. No one should accept losing or brush it off with a laugh. There is a time for laughing and it's not after a shambolic performance in a game we simply should have expected to and delivered a win.

There was an interesting article in the age. It described Carlton as a paradox. Something along the lines of things seem to be going well but when it counts it isn't (winning games). For me, it's hard to be positive when we see the same issues.

Someone said
Quote:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result
. In a year we simply must not expect anything less than finals it is insane the same stuff is happening!!

When is it going to change??????

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:30 pm 
Banned

I really do believe we have a super talented list but not the game style that suits the list.

Our strength is defensive tough football - adding a layer is great that is attacking but need to win the ball when its hot and we are not doing that. Work rate and mental toughness has gone to the rainbows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Listening to the Zac Williams interview on the website, he state Teagueys game plan is "fun and freedom"
WTF is that? This isn't under 10s. That's a perfect reflection of why we're lacking in defensive structure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Losing is fun ... YAY !!

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Does Teague give them encouragement medals after each loss too?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:36 pm 
John Nicholls

Blue Vain wrote:
Listening to the Zac Williams interview on the website, he state Teagueys game plan is "fun and freedom"
WTF is that? This isn't under 10s. That's a perfect reflection of why we're lacking in defensive structure.

This is exactly what I said above. He's gone too far the opposite way from Bolton.

We need a middle ground.

The players got Bolton sacked. The players got Teague employed.

Fancy that. Imagine Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos getting booted by their "unhappy" employees.

Footballers are employees and they have a (privileged) job to do. And are exceptionally well remunerated to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:

We've already broken him.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:57 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:

Out of his League-Teague

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 pm 
Robert Walls

robertbb wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

This is exactly what I said above. He's gone too far the opposite way from Bolton.

We need a middle ground.

The players got Bolton sacked. The players got Teague employed.

Fancy that. Imagine Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos getting booted by their "unhappy" employees.

Footballers are employees and they have a (privileged) job to do. And are exceptionally well remunerated to do so.

Says it all...says it flowering all!!!!!
Tail wagging the dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sitting a couple of rows in and very close to the interchange bench during the Pies game I can honestly say that I didn't notice any sense of urgency both from the playing group or coaches during quarter breaks.
There'd be coaches (eg: Clarkson for one) breathing fire when walking onto the ground after witnessing our performance but not our guy ...... strolls on and strolls off. It concerns me a bit because we don't seem to give a s##t. Perhaps we do but it doesn't come across that way ...... very placid lot out there.

Which coach won the game ??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:33 am 
Laurie Kerr

bondiblue wrote:

Welcome aboard Bluetears for Fears.

It is embarrassing. The only consolation thus far has been we may have played top teams which we can determine later in the year. Tigers are the best team at this stage, so the loss was expected.

Thanks bondiblue.
I am still hoping they can realise that and also fix a few of the issues from those games. Get a few wins in a row and their mental state could completely change. Like probably most here we wouldn't mind missing finals even this year as long as they can improve as a team and at least loose because the other team was better. Loosing because of playing poorly is the thing that hurts the most.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 266  Next