Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:21 pm 
Banned

???????

Quote:
Sorry again I am not being clear. By this comment I meant in our drafting over the last 5+ years we did not predict the move towards quick running that has occurred. Whilst getting Saad helps with this, ideally we would have more leg speed in some of our younger kids.

Fisher, Cunningham, Dow, LOB, Walsh, Philp, Gibbons, Cottrell, Durdin

How many more quick players do we need to draft to stop these excuses?

Just develop them appropriately.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

https://youtu.be/-GY9DWIfpwc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

I’m pretty much of the view as I have said repeatedly on this site since Elliott was the prime reason that this club was [REDACTED] up outdated out of touch with modern society etc whatever the reason that the board is not to up to it and needs to be replaced by a new group of six to seven people.

How that happens is the issue but we all know it

But do those 6 or 7 people have to have collectively

2 things

An understanding of what you need to be successful in 2021 and beyond
Not in 2020 and before

An really good people skills
If there is a problem you are aware of below you and you deal with it fairly quickly
Everyone in the main is happy wants to work hard and be there for an extended period of time

It’s obvious this is not the case at Carlton
Look at our record

O’ Neal and Gale
Costa and Cook should have stands named after them

And they never kicked a footy

On Murphy I don’t give a shit how much he knocked back
He should be forced to retire
That’s where the board should step in

They won’t because in short their shit

That is our problem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:28 am 
Laurie Kerr

So many players deserving to be dropped for recent performances and even last year. Docherty as captain???? The guy barely deserves to be in the firsts. Whenever he gets the ball in back half i think "opposition goal 70%, probably within 60 seconds. Regularly kicks it to opposition when he has no pressure. His attitude is very sad as captain as hes ok with loosing... against saints practise match he won the toss and elected to have our forwards looking into the bright sunset for the only quarter to suffer such conditions... dont see how he has "earned" this position...
I have noticed Saad see him as a passing option a few times and thought "nah screw that again", and just ran with the ball himself instead. Good on him. Smart thinking for the teams benefit
Next biggest problem player is SPS. Why is he getting games still. How did he "earn" this luxury?
Jones need some coaching from an ex champ full back. He has huge potential in this spot, but blows it panacking and making poor decisions like punching the ball to front centre on the goal line instead of marking or pumching thru goals (e.g. Essendon* match last year).
Plowman is stinking it up and not playing to his potential. Looks slow and lazy. He could be a gun if he put in the effort.
Mcgovern is in the same boat as Plowman in my opinion. Could really be something special with effort and good mentality.
Murphy has never earned captaincy or most of his 300 games.. have never been a fan of his from the start.
Players with potential that i think are being retarded by the garbage culture we have. They could all be much more effective and the makings of a great team: levi (huge potential being wasted), harry mckay is not developing as fast and well as he could be, zack fisher is lost, he could have been a real livewire player. Cripps is playing shit because of what carlton is making him suffer through. I feel Jacob Weitering is being under developing and suffering mentally. Williamson has showed some promising skill and has "almost" done some great plays, but being brought down by the attitude (not kicking both feet doesnt help him either). Paddy Dow hasnt gone anywhere really at all.
Ed Curnow is down at the moment and hope he can return to last years form.
Players that are doing great despite being exposed to this rot are gibbons, (suprisingly) silvagni, newnes, walsh, martin, and many of the newer lads.

Wow, so many problems. Yes, carlton has very big issues. Starting to remind me of Fitzroy before they became the lions.
I hope its not "that" bad. I really think drastic actions are needed. I feel change is needed at the top. Above the coach. And everyone at the club needs to make a pledge to bring the club back to being respected and glorious!

So sad :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:06 am 
Rod Ashman

Welcome to TC Bluetears. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:41 am 
Bruce Doull

Good username too :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.afl.com.au/news/574156/after-talking-the-talk-carlton-s-suddenly-dead-last-in-this-key-stat-in-2021

Quote:
... the Blues still leaked 26 scoring shots. It was the result of simply non-existent pressure on Collingwood's ball carriers as they went forward, another concern plaguing the team.

According to Champion Data, Carlton is dead-last in the League for pressure factor (1.61) so far this season. It's a damning statistic, one that is compounded by the fact it also ranks second-last for tackle efficiency (54.9 percent) and last overall for tackle differential (-15.0) within the entire competition.

In essence, that means the Blues are rarely applying pressure. And it means that on the few occasions when they are applying pressure, that pressure can be described as ineffective at best.

Says it all

We aren't in the contest, so no contestable ball plus no effort to tackle, pressure...

OK, we know this. The stats don't lie.

When will this team stand up?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

All I want from Carlton this weekend:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes all this coach gave it to us on Friday and we were honest with each other stop bloody talking
Get on the park smash Freo win 4 in a row (haha) and then start talking
Shut the hell up you are the worst performed team in the last decade DO SOMETHING tangible about it

Bloody Hell West Coast coach in a public documentary tells the whole world that we are insipid and won’t fight and we still go along thinking everything is going swimmingly and have no response
The rest of the teams don’t rate you stop rating yourselves you are mediocre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Yes all this coach gave it to us on Friday and we were honest with each other stop bloody talking
Get on the park smash Freo win 4 in a row (haha) and then start talking
Shut the hell up you are the worst performed team in the last decade DO SOMETHING tangible about it

Bloody Hell West Coast coach in a public documentary tells the whole world that we are insipid and won’t fight and we still go along thinking everything is going swimmingly and have no response
The rest of the teams don’t rate you stop rating yourselves you are mediocre

:thumbsup:

Drinking their own bath water.

Mentally weak.

Scarred to get injured.

Can't lay tackles.

4 in a row is a great challenge.

Win the next 2 against teams our players believe are below them, Freo and GCS :lol:

Then there's 3 in a row to get vs Port, then there may be a chance against Lions to make it 4.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:46 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Thanks peeps for your warm welcome in this and the other thread i posted in. I look forward to discussing blues issues in future and especially the game day banter.
Hopefully i can have blue tears of joy sometime soon. I will remember these hard times always, which will make future blues success even sweeter. ;)

CARN THA BLUES!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 am 
Laurie Kerr

CFC8795 wrote:
Welcome to TC Bluetears. :thumbsup:

Thank you CFC8795. I am very pleased to be here after just reading for a season or two. Its great to be in the presence of so many people that are passionate about, and love the carlton football club... and also others that just want to join the discussions.
Cheers :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:35 am 
Laurie Kerr

CK95 wrote:
Good username too :lol:

Thanks CK95.

"Blue snot bubbles" came a distant second as a username :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:52 am 
Laurie Kerr

bondiblue wrote:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/574156/after-talking-the-talk-carlton-s-suddenly-dead-last-in-this-key-stat-in-2021

Quote:
... the Blues still leaked 26 scoring shots. It was the result of simply non-existent pressure on Collingwood's ball carriers as they went forward, another concern plaguing the team.

According to Champion Data, Carlton is dead-last in the League for pressure factor (1.61) so far this season. It's a damning statistic, one that is compounded by the fact it also ranks second-last for tackle efficiency (54.9 percent) and last overall for tackle differential (-15.0) within the entire competition.

In essence, that means the Blues are rarely applying pressure. And it means that on the few occasions when they are applying pressure, that pressure can be described as ineffective at best.

Says it all

We aren't in the contest, so no contestable ball plus no effort to tackle, pressure...

I dont understand why opposition forwards regularly take leading marks with our defenders metres away and not contesting the mark enough. You see our defender quite a ways away either with a stupid look on their face wondering wtf just happened, or bent over pantong like they just did the 100m sprint?? Mostly when our forwards lead for a mark they are being worn like a glove by opposition defenders.

Did anyone else see SPS try to bump Cox when he marked in front of goals. He ran past Sps's effort like nobody was there. Piss poor SPS.. Cox just proved you got nothing worth worrying about. It was kind of funny looking as well as disappointing to watch.
SPS should loose his spot to a younger player until he "forces" selectors to put him back into the team with form in reserves (we all know that form would never come).
Docherty also needs to be relieved as co captain as its been a big fail so far. He cant inspire anyone with his meek demeanour and bad example of skills. I also think he shouldn't be in the back half. He really sux there.
Why do only the good players get injured?? It seems like garbage is immune to injury :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:21 am 
Bruce Doull

The biggest indicator to me of the enormity of our issues is that its put me fully in agreement with Syd on something...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:42 am 
Wayne Johnston

Bluetears wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Quote:

Says it all

I dont understand why opposition forwards regularly take leading marks with our defenders metres away and not contesting the mark enough. You see our defender quite a ways away either with a stupid look on their face wondering wtf just happened, or bent over pantong like they just did the 100m sprint?? Mostly when our forwards lead for a mark they are being worn like a glove by opposition defenders.

Did anyone else see SPS try to bump Cox when he marked in front of goals. He ran past Sps's effort like nobody was there. Piss poor SPS.. Cox just proved you got nothing worth worrying about. It was kind of funny looking as well as disappointing to watch.
SPS should loose his spot to a younger player until he "forces" selectors to put him back into the team with form in reserves (we all know that form would never come).
Docherty also needs to be relieved as co captain as its been a big fail so far. He cant inspire anyone with his meek demeanour and bad example of skills. I also think he shouldn't be in the back half. He really sux there.
Why do only the good players get injured?? It seems like garbage is immune to injury :(

I think opposition forwards are well drilled to block for each other and what we see on the TV is what happens after a block being applied a few seconds before. I know it’s a radical thought, but we should probably try the same thing for both our forwards and backs. Could be useful for our midfield too.

Docherty should be moved to a wing instead of setterfield or Ed to make use of his run and disposal. We have too many attacking defenders and his confidence is down.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:44 am 
Wayne Johnston

Bluetears wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Quote:

Says it all

BTW - Harry did exactly the same thing to Moore at one stage as you describe happening to SPS, so it happens to the best as well. I agree SPS isn’t a defenders a**hole but just sayin’.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:09 am 
Bob Chitty

sinbagger wrote:
Bluetears wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Quote:

Says it all

I think opposition forwards are well drilled to block for each other and what we see on the TV is what happens after a block being applied a few seconds before. I know it’s a radical thought, but we should probably try the same thing for both our forwards and backs. Could be useful for our midfield too.

Docherty should be moved to a wing instead of setterfield or Ed to make use of his run and disposal. We have too many attacking defenders and his confidence is down.

Agree with this about forward craft. Other teams appear a lot more cohesive than us re blocking for each other, protecting dangerous space etc.
The other factor is we defend so high up the ground and don’t defend the corridor so we allow quick and direct entries. Our backs are often just scrambling to get into any sort of position to defend a quick entry. Allows for the easy hit up lead to be honoured.
We need to actually start defending at the source so we don’t allow fast break after fast break. Even Bruce Doull wouldn’t be able to defend some of the looks we give the opposition as the ball comes in without pressure, through the middle and with acres of space for the forward to work into

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:00 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:

Quote:

Says it all

THAT is putting numbers to what we all could see on Thursday night and why most supporters were PISSED OFF afterwards...
Forget the fancy stats... We could see that there was no intensity... Pressure.. and tackling was woeful.
It improved in the second half but the game was gone....

Scores from turnovers is no surprise... If you turn it over, you need to double the gut busting efforts... In our case, doubling zero still equals zero...

Poor bastards like Plowman and Jones are copping the heat for balls coming in like bullets under little or no pressure...

I'm betting the lack of coaches votes for Walsh and Williams was a signal to the TEAM.. I hope so anyway..
If this doesn't improve... We're going nowhere..
I posted elsewhere, Teague was a uncompromising, tough, bust a gut, player... Can't see it in the team at all

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:38 pm 
Garry Crane

We are downn hill skiers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next