Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:27 am 
Bruce Doull

TEAGUE’S SPRAY DREW MIXED RESPONSE FROM BLUES LEADERS
Quote:
Carlton coach David Teague is still learning on the job.

Teague delivered a rare spray during the Blues’ final round loss to Brisbane last season after his side conceded another 30-point swing in Kade Simpson’s final match for the club.

It drew a mixed response from some of Carlton’s leaders as Teague looks to master the art of man management moving forward.

“It was the last game of the year (against Brisbane),” Teague told SEN’s Bob and Andy.

“I have spoken to some of the leaders – some of them loved it, some of them felt it didn’t get the best out of them.

H
T
F
U

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:34 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
Quote:

Teague delivered a rare spray during the Blues’ final round loss to Brisbane last season after his side conceded another 30-point swing in Kade Simpson’s final match for the club.

It drew a mixed response from some of Carlton’s leaders as Teague looks to master the art of man management moving forward.

“It was the last game of the year (against Brisbane),” Teague told SEN’s Bob and Andy.

“I have spoken to some of the leaders – some of them loved it, some of them felt it didn’t get the best out of them.

H
T
F
U

Agree. HTFU

Would love to know which "leaders" felt it didn't get best out of them. Would also love to know what these "leaders" feel would get the best out of them given the number of games over the past couple of years we gave up 5+ goals in and whatever was tried each and every one of those times clearly didn't get the best out of them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Can you imagine how Ronald Dale or Dave Parkin would have dealt with some twerp telling them their spray "didn't get the best out of them"??

Shudder!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:41 pm 
Bert Deacon

Walsh wrote:
Swann was woeful for Carlton where does one begin... sticking his nose on football matters. At the end of 2010 season Ratts and coaches wanted to recruit ready made talls after finishing in the eight and Swann vetoed him and went to the draft and bought in Watson, McCarthy and Mitchell. In 2011 we finished fifth and lost semi final due to missing talls in Kreuzer, Jamison and Waite. In 2012 after one of the clubs worst injury crisis and lack of quality back up Ratts was sacked and hired Malthouse. So under Swann on football matters things gone from bad to worse. The reason the club has been in this predicament past 10 years rests on Greg Fkn Swann.

Is that you, Carrots? Nice piece of fiction there...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:09 pm 
Bob Chitty

Donstuie wrote:
Quote:

H
T
F
U

:clap:
Yep, was listening to the interview live and had the same thought. If we don’t make the 8 next year, it will likely be due to a failure to cultivate something remotely close to a ruthless mentality or bulk injuries. The talent on the list is now top 8 worthy. But is the mentality of the players and coaches top 8 worthy? For too long it hasn’t been close.

That spray was a long time in the making. It came after giving Richmond an 8 goal start by about half time, giving Melbourne a 7 goal head start, giving the Saints a 6 goal head start, losing to the bottom 4 hawks easily after being up 5 goals to 0, failing to kick a goal in the second half against Collingwood with finals on the line, failing to kick a goal in the last quarter against GWS and coughing up a 15 point 3 quarter time lead with finals on the line, falling 7 goals behind bottom 4 Sydney and falling 7 goals behind the wooden spooners. If the players don’t understand that they deserved every bit of that spray, I fear a bit for what might transpire next year when we SHOULD be making the finals.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

david31 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Quote:

H
T
F
U

Yep, was listening to the interview live and had the same thought. If we don’t make the 8 next year, it will likely be due to a failure to cultivate something remotely close to a ruthless mentality or bulk injuries. The talent on the list is now top 8 worthy. But is the mentality of the players and coaches top 8 worthy? For too long it hasn’t been close.

That spray was a long time in the making. It came after giving Richmond an 8 goal start by about half time, giving Melbourne a 7 goal head start, giving the Saints a 6 goal head start, losing to the bottom 4 hawks easily after being up 5 goals to 0, failing to kick a goal in the second half against Collingwood with finals on the line, failing to kick a goal in the last quarter against GWS and coughing up a 15 point 3 quarter time lead with finals on the line, falling 7 goals behind bottom 4 Sydney and falling 7 goals behind the wooden spooners. If the players don’t understand that they deserved every bit of that spray, I fear a bit for what might transpire next year when we SHOULD be making the finals.

:clap: :clap:

Too much Mr Nice Guy Mentality at the club for the past decade or so. Coaches & Players need to HTFU. I want to see the team play with a tougher attitude going forward. Talent Alone does not with Premierships.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Until the other 17 teams approach a Carlton game with genuine trepidation we will always be seen as “easy beats” or “a chance” game.

We do indeed need to harden up.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

I have my suspicions about who those 'leaders' were who took exception to the spray (as I trust most of you do as well), but I'll keep them to myself to avoid 'bagging our own'.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Initials may include the letter M multiple times...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:01 pm 
Banned

They should not be in leadership group and needs a shake up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

GWS wrote:

Bloody Malthouse!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:25 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Until the other 17 teams approach a Carlton game with genuine trepidation we will always be seen as “easy beats” or “a chance” game.

Yes it has filtered through to the supporters as well just look around this site all very soft. It like supporting Melbourne.
I have been told numerous times I am to blokey and aggressive so when I feel the need to get in touch with my feminine side I come to TC :-)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Yes it has filtered through to the supporters as well just look around this site all very soft. It like supporting Melbourne.
I have been told numerous times I am to blokey and aggressive so when I feel the need to get in touch with my feminine side I come to TC :-)

Can’t you just play with your man boobs and spare us all? :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:13 am 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:
AGRO wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

GWS wrote:

You aren't allowed to say that. It's mean.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
They should not be in leadership group and needs a shake up.

Poor from the coach. Teague should have asked RU OK? instead. What was he thinking?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Too " L" plate for me..........

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Coaches have a good spray or 2 in their kit bag per year before it losses its impact. If the players cant cop it, move the little petals on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CC1961 wrote:
Can you imagine how Ronald Dale or Dave Parkin would have dealt with some twerp telling them their spray "didn't get the best out of them"??

Shudder!!!
Reminds me of this great scene from 'the Tall Guy'
“- Ron Anderson: Listen, Dexter, is there something troubling you? Something that you would like to talk to someone about?
- Dexter King: Well, yes, as a matter of fact there is...
- Ron Anderson: Then for @#$%&!'s sake talk to someone about it, will you? And sort it out before I sack you and hire a lobotomized monkey to play your role. Okay?”

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

billc3 wrote:
CC1961 wrote:

Shudder!!!
Reminds me of this great scene from 'the Tall Guy'
“- Ron Anderson: Listen, Dexter, is there something troubling you? Something that you would like to talk to someone about?
- Dexter King: Well, yes, as a matter of fact there is...
- Ron Anderson: Then for @#$%&!'s sake talk to someone about it, will you? And sort it out before I sack you and hire a lobotomized monkey to play your role. Okay?”

Go Blues

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 266  Next