Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:55 am 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:
Sometimes I come onto this site and think there is a parallel universe that I don't know.

That would be Onesie’s - Bizarro World. :grin: :grin:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:14 am 
Bob Chitty

sinbagger wrote:
I know Keogh’s all over the place and easy to dismiss 95% of his ramblings, but I agree with him that our board is very sub par. I don’t think anyone here could defend their performance over the last 18 years in any way.

We could replace the entire board tomorrow and the club would be no worse off.

You have ZERO clue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:52 am 
Geoff Southby

2 things any group of people who run any workplace should do
1 Employ people for the right reasons not based on mateship and a previous affiliation with the organization that is different

2 If people below you are in conflict you get off your bum and do something about it

Everyone new the Brandon Ellis issue. What did Judd and MLG do. Nothing.

Anyone who thought Wednesday’s events were surprising with all due respect you are a bit stupid.
SOSs performance on FC and Open Mike showed me what an over inflated ego he has. When it’s bruised what does he do. Publicly tips the club under the bus because his ego is bruised. That’s what people like him do. It’s about him.
All the board did was too have a wankyinternet chat session published on the website to make out they were doing something after SOS cracked it and left without fulfilling his contract

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
I’m thinking you might need to adjust your meds Keogh. Maybe 50mg to 100mg for a few weeks and it might just take the edge off.

Regards Cazzesman

Deflect from the issue as much as you want.
Other than sorting out the financial mess the club has been in the board has failed to deliver and Wednesday proves it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
I’m thinking you might need to adjust your meds Keogh. Maybe 50mg to 100mg for a few weeks and it might just take the edge off.

Regards Cazzesman

Other than sorting out the financial mess the club has been in the board has failed to deliver and Wednesday proves it

I'm more concerned about your health than the Board. Don't want you blowing a gasket. You and your singing partner will be belting out Death Metal tunes before long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cf8901xZb4

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

I'm more concerned about your health than the Board. Don't want you blowing a gasket. You and your singing partner will be belting out Death Metal tunes before long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cf8901xZb4

Regards Cazzesman

I’m fine
Very chilled
Your deflecting
Judd and MLG are still pulling the splinters out of their arse :lol:
You seem a smart man
How can an organization move forward properly with these two jokers running
The joint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
Your deflecting
What am I deflecting about. I have no thoughts on the Board or MLG and haven't entered that part of your discussion.

I have no love for SOS. I think he has Selfish character traits and his outburst on Wednesday have shown the real man. I have seen him in action and Wednesday initially surprised me, but on reflection, really didn't.

My thoughts on the Board.........their role is to enable the following;

Secure the long-term financial stability of the Club
Provide Best Practice Facilities
Secure Sponsors
Increase membership
Provide Leadership and a harmonious working environment that would encourage the very best to join the club.
Appoint the best available people to the various positions within the Club?

Are those things happening???? From the outside it would appear so.

Let the experts regarding the inner sanctum tell us otherwise.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Your deflecting
What am I deflecting about. I have no thoughts on the Board or MLG and haven't entered that part of your discussion.

I have no love for SOS. I think he has Selfish character traits and his outburst on Wednesday have shown the real man. I have seen him in action and Wednesday initially surprised me, but on reflection, really didn't.

Secure Sponsors
Increase membership
Provide Leadership and a harmonious working environment that would encourage the very best to join the club.

Regards Cazzesman

So true about the board providing leadership and a harmonious working environment.

I think its the boards responsibility to create the vision and values for the club and more importantly, live by them to set a strong example. The Carlton Respects campaign is a fantastic initiative and I hope it's those broader values that we carry through the entire business.

Regarding SOS, from what I hear (from a player manager perspective) there are parts to him that are difficult. The way he spoke on radio about 'conditioning' the managers was a strange way of explaining himself.

He doesn't to carry the same professionalism as others or at least what you would expect from his position. I think he is good at what he does and had some nice wins at Carlton but isn't necessarily that much better than most in the league. He is full of emotion as well which can backfire.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Your deflecting

Secure Sponsors
Increase membership

Regards Cazzesman

The last 2 points I disagree with
Experts?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Your deflecting

Secure Sponsors
Increase membership

Regards Cazzesman

Experts?

I run a business and employ 400 people. I agree with Cazzemans points. And I would, add points 1-4 (sponsorship, facilities, membership, sponsors) are the result of delivering on points 5-6 (leadership and the best people)

Keogh, you’ve got me confused if you believe we don’t have good people and leadership, yet believe we are delivering on the rest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

I’ve stated clearly what I think in the last few posts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Your deflecting

Secure Sponsors
Increase membership

Regards Cazzesman

Experts?

That's OK, but you are on your own.

Carlton Respects, The Indigenous Program, Carlton College, AFLW, Father-Son Clinics to name a few changes / additions for a better outcome the Board have introduced. All of these initiatives connect with markets and with that more sponsors, all happening mind you. The long game to wean off pokies. We are attracting a healthy number player managers because their players want to play for us.

That is undeniable.

You're being cheeky, or had a couple, like I am.

Every

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:07 pm 
Wayne Johnston

lucablue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
I know Keogh’s all over the place and easy to dismiss 95% of his ramblings, but I agree with him that our board is very sub par. I don’t think anyone here could defend their performance over the last 18 years in any way.

We could replace the entire board tomorrow and the club would be no worse off.

You have ZERO clue

I agree, I don’t even know if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

The issues that I have concerns over you guys haven’t addressed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Here is one you can directly answer rather than give me a bunch of politically correct language
What does Craig Mathieson know about List Management?

Cazzeman and the guy who runs a company of 400 in particular
Your thoughts
And don’t say as much as I do :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:29 am 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Your deflecting

Secure Sponsors
Increase membership

Regards Cazzesman

Experts?

Carlton Respects, The Indigenous Program, Carlton College, AFLW, Father-Son Clinics to name a few changes / additions for a better outcome the Board have introduced. All of these initiatives connect with markets and with that more sponsors, all happening mind you. The long game to wean off pokies. We are attracting a healthy number player managers because their players want to play for us.

That is undeniable.

Every

Such initiatives may attract more sponsors.

But so do more wins.

I would prefer better recruiting and better player development over these initiatives, despite the small possibility that such initiatives help draw better players to the Club.

Not that you can't have both.

JUST. WIN. MORE. GAMES. :smile:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluedog wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Your deflecting

Secure Sponsors
Increase membership

Regards Cazzesman

Experts?

That is undeniable.

Every

Such initiatives may attract more sponsors.

But so do more wins.

I would prefer better recruiting and better player development over these initiatives, despite the small possibility that such initiatives help draw better players to the Club.

Not that you can't have both.

JUST. WIN. MORE. GAMES. :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Here is one you can directly answer rather than give me a bunch of politically correct language

Your thoughts

What do you know about Mathieson's involvement in list management?
Answer that before you ask others to do your dirty work.

Other than his old man, flying Shiel up to Noosa, which is Promotions not List Management, what have you got?

I will guess: Nothing!

What shits me keogh is that we are all Carlton people, especially the Mathiesons. Every club has wealthy supporters who want to help. They are good Carlton people. Then there's is these hecklers who do not give a cent to the club , and just sit there and criticise everything the club does. I'm proud to say I have confronted a few of these rude Carlton supporters at the game, because, not only are they rude and crude, but they give Carlton a bad reputation, and we are better off without them.

You do need a bit of balance. The war ended long ago. The Board didn't start Covid either.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:48 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:

Your thoughts

I wouldn't expect BM to know anything about LM.

I would expect him to play a role supporting the four points. We can pick apart individual contributions and that should be part of a process.

Point is, we are improving. We can’t ignore the facts - finances, membership, sponsorship. On that basis I make up that we have a collective of people that are making a difference.

As BB highlights we are taking a lead position on community programs.

And yes, at some point I want more flags.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:05 am 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I give up.

What's the answer? I'm just presuming your question was rhetorical and you know the answer.

Do tell.

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 174  Next