Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Pros & Cons
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
Love the intensity of the Port onballers tonight against Collingwood. They all are ferocious at the ball. 100% See ball, get ball mentality.

Boak is such a marvelous leader and sets the standard.

That is the Beast mentality I want to see. Take the ball, take the man, take the hit.

I miss Robbo. I know why we let him go but I still miss him.

Regards Cazzesman

Totally agree about Beast mode frenzy and Robbo

I keep seeing "stars" of the game bombing it forward from the centre ball up like Robbo use to do, and no criticism directed to them like Robbo copped from some carlton supporters.

Robbo, see ball get ball, first, and get it going our way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:28 pm 
Bert Deacon

this is why i am concerned about sps can u imagine his body physique in a final

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

Been in every game.No flogging's.............................those bad patches out of nowhere...........................all i want is true midfielders and an up and coming key position beckman.......................cant understand what has happened to Dow and O"Brien.Still think we need to persevere...............reckon PetSet has it in spades but he has to step up.This toe in the water stuff is i agree infuriating.

Just gotta have faith in those pulling the strings.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The opposition run-ons aren't just about scoring. They're also about letting the opposition take us out of the game completely.
The second quarter on Saturday was 23 Inside 50's to 3! No competent leader should allow that to happen.
I love Cripps and he'll always inspire with his actions but leadership is much more than that.
We needed to change it up in the middle. Start our half forwards on the wing and our wingers on the defensive corner of the square. Man up their mids, get the ruckman to smash it forward. Anything. We were too compliant and it happened too often this year.
It's very rare for a team to have absolute momentum and we had more than our share this year. Our problem was containing the opposition when they had momentum. That's the challenge for the coaches and leaders this off season.
We needed to take something off the opposition when they had control and we failed badly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
The opposition run-ons aren't just about scoring. They're also about letting the opposition take us out of the game completely.
The second quarter on Saturday was 23 Inside 50's to 3! No competent leader should allow that to happen.
I love Cripps and he'll always inspire with his actions but leadership is much more than that.
We needed to change it up in the middle. Start our half forwards on the wing and our wingers on the defensive corner of the square. Man up their mids, get the ruckman to smash it forward. Anything. We were too compliant and it happened too often this year.
It's very rare for a team to have absolute momentum and we had more than our share this year. Our problem was containing the opposition when they had momentum. That's the challenge for the coaches and leaders this off season.
We needed to take something off the opposition when they had control and we failed badly.

Holy shit ! i didn't realise our second quarter was that bad..................yeah Vain,can't allow that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
Love the intensity of the Port onballers tonight against Collingwood. They all are ferocious at the ball. 100% See ball, get ball mentality.

That is the Beast mentality I want to see. Take the ball, take the man, take the hit.

Regards Cazzesman

That's what I love about Richmond...their positioning is perfect; always a player close by to beeline the next player with the ball

On the other hand, we either have 3 players next to each other or the opposition have 3 on their own

And don't get me started on our coralling or split second hesitation rather than 'tackle hard-tackle first' mentality

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:52 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
It's difficult not to be a fan of Port right now (unless you live in SA, I'm guessing). They just get the job done without fuss.

And most importantly, we need them to stop Coll, Geel and Rich winning it...couldn't stomach that TTYTT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:

Spot on BV and I'm sure as the coaches review the year they will see this anomaly stick out like dogs you know what.

We are too predictable and as much as I get frustrated you cant deny the improvement. That's why I believe this years end of trading/recruitment along with addressing the deficiency mentioned above will either make or break us next year. Get it right and we should be aiming for finals.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:59 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:

There are times a CSB looks like our ruckman is the only player I see on the TV screen...in the blink of an eye, their starting mids are handballing it to each other without a Carl player in sight. First tactic after a run of 2 goals; just tag in the centre square...cause a spillage, a secondary ball up, a free kick, an opportunity to call in the HFs to help out etc>

Last edited by 99prelim on Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

I've seen a social experiment done where a coach/mentor tells a group of people to raise their arms as high as they can....and then higher still.

Those who could still raise their arms higher the second time around were called out on it, while the others got a clap for pushing themselves to the limit the first time.

I picture our players are the former, whereas Port and Richmond are the latter.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
I've seen a social experiment done where a coach/mentor tells a group of people to raise their arms as high as they can....and then higher still.

Those who could still raise their arms higher the second time around were called out on it, while the others got a clap for pushing themselves to the limit the first time.

Otherwise known as picking and choosing

Eradicate that and we are top 6 next year...you heard it first

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jamespul65 wrote:
this is why i am concerned about sps can u imagine his body physique in a final

I think like that too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

Spot on.

When I watch the replay of those 5 goal rolls, knowing whats coming, and I tell you, the boys let it happen.
Its like they re in trance.

Cripps is too knackered and Docherty too far away to yell and demand from his troops to go into neutralise mode, or whatever; prefer attack as a means of defence....get Saad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:15 am 
Craig Bradley

Mickstar wrote:
Been in every game.No flogging's.............................those bad patches out of nowhere...........................all i want is true midfielders and an up and coming key position beckman.......................cant understand what has happened to Dow and O"Brien.Still think we need to persevere...............reckon PetSet has it in spades but he has to step up.This toe in the water stuff is i agree infuriating.

Just gotta have faith in those pulling the strings.
I can. We threw them to the wolves and gave them jobs they weren't ready for. Those jobs in the heat of action are for experienced bodies while kids play in lesser roles as they develop. We shot their confidence. Dow was great for the first season and a bit then fell away. Bolton idea of playing the kids and giving them the big jobs wasn't a winner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman
.. And the best thing is you don't even need to be talented!

Drives me nuts... We don't do simple things well... block, shepherd, talk a team mate through while you block, be aware when the ump calls play on.... I could list a hundred simple things that we do poorly and need to get into our game... DRILLED into our game...

Do this well and then we can sort out
set plays....
strategies /game plans....

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

That's what I love about Richmond...their positioning is perfect; always a player close by to beeline the next player with the ball

On the other hand, we either have 3 players next to each other or the opposition have 3 on their own

And don't get me started on our coralling or split second hesitation rather than 'tackle hard-tackle first' mentality

my beef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:

Wow. So simple yet so effective. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:59 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Post subject: 2020 Pros & Cons
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:59 pm 
Wayne Johnston

jezzarules wrote:

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/statu ... 9299043328

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Foxfooty have been replaying the best 20 games of the year. 5 of them are Carlton games. :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next