Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:49 am 
Ken Hunter

Don't let 'em bring up the hat trick.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

We should crush them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Away from home next week Crows don't like travelling or camping.

We will flog them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 am 
Craig Bradley

We need to win big to keep our small finals hopes alive. Besides needing results to fall our way we also need to get our percentage to around 102%. Always fraught with danger thinking about margins rather than wins, so win first before looking at margins.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:51 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:

We will flog them

Grin

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:36 am 
Banned

Need to break them as a club and cause a fallout.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 am 
Rod Ashman

Just win! And win big!
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:57 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Good luck stopping Himmelberg, the kid is a star in the making.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

The bottom 6 for Fantasy Points vs Swans

14. Owies
19. McGovern
33. Cuningham
36. Jones (I don't mind that because he was defense first)
37. Cottrell
38. Williamson (50% Def with his 13 possessions)

Of the above I would persevere with Williamson, unless MC want to see some of Macreadie at senior level, and there's no replacement for Jones, plus he played well imo

2 more games left to see more of, or for the first time this year:

Honey...............McGovern
Philp.................Cuningham
Ramsay.............Martin (he's probably injured)
OBrien..............Cottrell
Macreadie.........Williamson

Betts will be back for Owies.
Can't see Cottrell being kept either
Cuningham is in no mans land

Gov has disgraced himself on national tv.
I don't care that he's playing his old team, but his mate Teague might.

Whilst the changes look like wholesale changes and may be disruptive, its only the 6 least performing players dropped, and one, the 7th worst, happens to be injured.

Theres Gibbons and Kennedy to consider too who are currently on the injured list

Last edited by bondiblue on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:58 am 
Bruce Doull

Walsh wrote:
Need to break them as a club and cause a fallout.

Always good to set small goals :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:59 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Curnow will be important. Crows have turned the corner and it's largely due to finally getting their experienced midfielders back. The Crouch End brothers and the Sloane Ranger who is the heart and soul. Make no mistake the Crows are firing right now. I'd actually have them favourites.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:

We will flog them

This is the big advantage for us.

They have no home support at the Gabba, but Blues do

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Have to stop Shane McAdam

Maybe our weapon for Shane is McGovern :lol: :lol:

They can shake hands and talk about how they got to their current homes, their pay packets, their coach, their recruiter, their form

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:46 am 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:42 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:

14. Owies
19. McGovern
33. Cuningham
37. Cottrell

Of the above I would persevere with Williamson, unless MC want to see some of Macreadie at senior level, and there's no replacement for Jones, plus he played well imo

Whilst the changes look like wholesale changes and may be disruptive, its only the 6 least performing players dropped, and one, the 7th worst, happens to be injured.

Theres Gibbons and Kennedy to consider too who are currently on the injured list

Great! So selection is now based on Fantasy points. Novel and would be OK if we were playing for Cornflakes. :smile:
Williamson stays as he is building nicely and doesn't deserve to be dropped.
Cunningham also stays as the side is better balanced with him and while his total possessions against Sydney were a bit low, it was his first game back post injury and 2 weeks playing in the scratch matches and he did make an impact. Our first goal was a result of his tackle. I disagree he is in no-mans land, he just needs a good run without injury.
I would suggest Honey to replace Martin if he is injured but I suspect Gibbons if fit will replace Martin. I can't see O'Brien getting in as he is spending time working on his contact work which is seen as sub par.
Betts for Owies I agree with and do we persist with Cottrell for the rest of the year?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

I remember one poster called for Newnes to be dropped after his Freo goal. That struck me as crazy to deflate a guy after such a moment, and that sentiment has been proven correct by Newnes's excellent form since then. Likewise, Cotters will be walking on air right now and probably starting to feel like he belongs. Don't underestimate what that can do to a young man's game, especially when even a relative veteran has shown what a boost these moments provide.

I'd go with...
OUT: Owies (get him to work on his tackling, learn how opponents like to stage), McGovern, Martin (inj.)
IN: Betts, Kennedy, Gibbons (if fit, otherwise Honey). Honey ahead of Philp for balance - 3 attackers out, 3 in.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Two of Gibbons/Kennedy/Betts for Martin/Owies seems a no-brainer. I'd like to get Pittonet back in there too, but uncertain which tall goes out. On one hand, dropping McGovern rather than getting games into him seems counterproductive, our performances with only one of Casboult/McKay haven't been great, TDK was fantastic. Probably don't need all 3 of Jones/Weitering/Plowman against a relatively small Adelaide forward line. On the other hand, the extra runner after such a hard slog in the wet is probably helpful too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

14. Owies
19. McGovern
33. Cuningham
37. Cottrell

Great! So selection is now based on Fantasy points. Novel and would be OK if we were playing for Cornflakes. :smile:
Williamson stays as he is building nicely and doesn't deserve to be dropped.
Cunningham also stays as the side is better balanced with him and while his total possessions against Sydney were a bit low, it was his first game back post injury and 2 weeks playing in the scratch matches and he did make an impact. Our first goal was a result of his tackle. I disagree he is in no-mans land, he just needs a good run without injury.
I would suggest Honey to replace Martin if he is injured but I suspect Gibbons if fit will replace Martin. I can't see O'Brien getting in as he is spending time working on his contact work which is seen as sub par.
Betts for Owies I agree with and do we persist with Cottrell for the rest of the year?

Grow up carna, and stop making up stories. You're hearing voices.

The Fantasy Points are just indicators. I didn't make them up. They are there for everyone to see and comment on.

Its a pretty straight forward forum exercise Ive applied, simple, and obvious for the discussion: Premise ... IF ... anyone is likely to be replaced it COULD possibly come from the bottom 6. That's all.

You don't have to be Einstein to come up with that. Say what you think about the Fantasy points, discount them with reasons, like Great Ex did. Its not novel.

Teague has been known to make no change to a winning team. Done it 3 times.
It could happen. I don't know. You don't know.

Do we stop the discussion? Do we have exclusively baseless discussions, ie just post opinions?

Anything can happen. I'm open for discussion. I appreciate your input. It enriches my outlook.

There's a strong chance Cuningham could be dropped, and there's reason for that.
He wasn't knocking the door down in the scratch matches.
He went missing again. He hasn't done much since the Effendon* game.
80% game time, 4 kicks, 6 HB, 30% Def. He's 23yo. He has to step up for his own sake.
Hence, he needs to perform or Cuningham remains where he is, in no mans land.
His 28 disposals against Effendon* were mouth watering. In 10 games he's played this year, he's averaged 11 disposals.
He hasn't secured a spot in our best 22 based on those numbers.

You seem upset because I point out Williamson's weaknesses and mistakes. Its what happened. I'm not hanging him.

In the match thread I posted I was rapt with his effort to beat Papley in the first, and hoped it would continue in that vain. He didn't.
He's not building along like you say imo. He's sort of holding his own. There's no upward trend in his performances. He's our best option at HB at the minute, and the one we would like to develop. I have high hopes he becomes our Flag 17 HBF, but he might not from what Ive been seeing of late.

Despite being on our list for 4 years, he's missed 2 years of footy, and we forgive him for his mistakes, but its Ok to point them out as areas he needs to work on. That's all. Promise.

I couldn't give a rats who is selected or not. I'm not a Key Influencer, I'm no influence.

There's 2 games left. I'm sure there's players the MC would like to see. I listed them. You agree with Betts, Owies, Cottrell, Honey. Sweet.

We aren't that far apart Carna.

Carnablues :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:
Curnow will be important. Crows have turned the corner and it's largely due to finally getting their experienced midfielders back. The Crouch End brothers and the Sloane Ranger who is the heart and soul. Make no mistake the Crows are firing right now. I'd actually have them favourites.

Laird has given them their point of difference. He had 6 centre clearances last night. Their next best had 1. He also had 5 stoppage clearances giving him 11 in total. He's clean with his hands, reads it well and lmakes good decisions when he gets it.

Matt Crouch is a crab. He and Laird had similar disposal tallies but Laird had double the contested possessions. (18) Brad Crouch can hurt you when he has space but he also gets most of his footy uncontested. Sloane has been a great player but he's on his last legs.
I'd assign Ed to Laird and let Cripps go head to head with Matt Crouch. We just need our half forwards to push up to the attacking side of the stoppages because that's where he hangs out for his cheapies out the back.
Pittonet may come in for O'Brien. He might be too strong for DeKoning. He's an average ruckman but he is strong overhead so whoever plays on his will have to play him tight around the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

We will flog them

This is the big advantage for us.

They have no home support at the Gabba, but Blues do

What about at Metricon?

Because that's where I'm heading!

:wink:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next