Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:30 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

funny, I thought we lost because our midfield was non existent. (Walsh the exception)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
i want to ask our defence coach how coll manage to get 3 easy goals from front and centre and the other how can they leave mr undroppable(plowman ) on stephenson for so long pace was always going to get LP.

What a surprise. After a month of exceptional form, Plowman was undroppable. :lol:
He didn't have a great game but he only conceded 2 goals when the delivery was lace out. Perhaps your expectations are a bit unrealistic.

Nah, that wasn't the case BV.

He had a crap game.

Played too loose imo. Lost his man.

We all saw how he pulled out of a contest...which is not good enough from a senior player.

Has played his best month for the club.
He may poll well in the BnF, but he has many many detractors for good reason.

I'm a fan of Plows, but prefer to point out weaknesses of any player when they are there.
I'm not interested in players thinking they have positions for keeps. They are only as good as their last game.

I have no problem with his 3 year contract. Bird in the hand.
He's the least of our problem in the backline for now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Jim
McAdam looks like a player Judging by this year

I assume you watch other games
I bet Sos or anyone else on our recruiting staff didn’t know who he was
Hopefully Austin learns from the clubs past mistakes And looks over the minor leagues with a fine tooth comb

We had him only because Adelaide wanted him so we could get the Gov
We gave away two more potential mids on top of this because we gave away 2 picks in the 20s

SOs’ legacy is turning to faeces
The signs were there in 2018 that our midfield needed more depth

Poor recruiting trading and list management kills ya in the end

McAdan has been impressive over the last 2 games....really impressive.

You know that he's injury prone and has missed a lot of footy since recruited?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Despite not kicking a goal in the 2nd half (thanks Crippa), we played really well for 3 and a half quarters.

I think we were not as desperate or we ran out of gas in the last 15 minutes.

Oh yeah, we lost the contested ball, and our experienced midfielders let us down in that area.

Can be fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
i want to ask our defence coach how coll manage to get 3 easy goals from front and centre and the other how can they leave mr undroppable(plowman ) on stephenson for so long pace was always going to get LP.

What a surprise. After a month of exceptional form, Plowman was undroppable. :lol:
He didn't have a great game but he only conceded 2 goals when the delivery was lace out. Perhaps your expectations are a bit unrealistic.

Nah, that wasn't the case BV.

He had a crap game.

We all saw how he pulled out of a contest...which is not good enough from a senior player.

Yeah, it's exactly the case. As for pulling out of a contest, I'm happy for you to highlight it because I don't recall it.
Plowman has run backwards plenty of times with the flight. It's interesting, Williamson has done it numerous times and did so again on Sunday but I haven't seen Plowman do it too often.
I'm not saying he played well. He had a very poor game but the reality is, his opponent only kicked 2 goals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:33 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Despite not kicking a goal in the 2nd half (thanks Crippa), we played really well for 3 and a half quarters.

I think we were not as desperate or we ran out of gas in the last 15 minutes.

Oh yeah, we lost the contested ball, and our experienced midfielders let us down in that area.

Can be fixed.

And that wouldve contributed to defenders under pressure, including but not liimited to Plowman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:25 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:

I think I've just recovered from attending this game and the Adelaide debacle. We looked a million dollars in the first half playing great footy. Was just crushing watching the second half.

I kept a close eye on Plowman for most of the game, his biggest flaw is his lack of acceleration/closing speed. if his opponent gets separation, it's all over. He can't impact the contest at all. Can't even apply inferred pressure let alone physical pressure.

Add this to the occasional howler disposal and he becomes a liability. I think especially so in a final where the top teams would target his opponent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12